kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

Guys, box office is only gonna get worse. Less and less people are going to the movies, unless it is a big event movie like SW or the Avengers. I know it's stating the obvious, but people just don't go to the movies much anymore. It's as simple as that. At least this year will end very strong, but it ain't gonna get better.

• Like 1

This year is so lacking in hits, Jesus. I just checked the chart and there's only been like 21 movies this year to gross over 100 million while last year had 33 and 2013 had 35.

If American Sniper was counted as 2015 then it would've been the #5 top grossing film this year. Star Wars can't get here soon enough.

Those are totals for those years, not during the same period. Let's wait for November and December first.

The boxoffice is over guys.  Man on Wire flopped and a bunch of critically panned turds flopped this weekend too.  Time to close down the forums, no point in following the BO anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgonBt1oa9Y

Edited by DeeCee

i'm really hoping for bond to spice things up... this october have been so boring.

btw Cjohn i'm leaving portugal and moving to england

Considering this place is dying you are doing the right thing :lol: 

And you will be able to see Spectre way before us. All positive things. 

• Like 1

So it just occurred to me that as dismal as this weekend's openers are, next weekend actually has the potential to top them in bombage. I mean is there anyone out there with an iota of interest in Burnt, Our Brand is Crisis, or Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse? Hell, is 99.9% of the GA even remotely aware of any of those film's existence? 

Edited by MovieMan89