Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

When dudebros realize the Deadpool movies are basicaly

romantic comedies

They would wine all day about how boring romance is in their movies but with Bropool, it s ok.

Every story beat of these movies is about Deadpool's girl, even Julia Roberts movies have more story than that as motivation for their characters.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

When dudebros realize the Deadpool movies are basicaly

romantic comedies

They would wine all day about how boring romance is in their movies but with Bropool, it s ok.

Every story beat of these movies is about Deadpool's girl, even Julia Roberts movies have more story than that as motivation for their characters.

On top of that Deadpool 2 was a christian movie:

Guy has to redeem himself so he can get to heaven and be with his gf

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust. Marvel just can't find success in television (or streaming).

Agents of SHIELD will be their only long lasting series, and just because the network is owned by Disney, otherwise it wouldn't have lasted more than 3 seasons either with those terrible ratings.

• Astonished 1

2difwk8.png

I honestly don't even care about the rest of it, I'm just posting because that last comment had me howling for about ten minutes.  (I also MIIIISSS ATLA/LOK)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

What's your feeling on the live action series at Netflix?

I am both EXCITED and HORRIFIED. it is one of those things I will just judge when it’s out. You?

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I am both EXCITED and HORRIFIED. it is one of those things I will just judge when it’s out. You?

Ah yep extremely nervous. I'm curious as to why Mike and Bryan decided to do this. Like they seemed pretty burned out after Korra but I suppose that mostly to do with dealing with Nickelodeon. I'm kinda hoping that it's their way of getting into Netflix so that maybe they could do a third series over there (though I understand Nickelodeon has all the rights). Casting is going to be the most difficult challenge I would think. 

But they got Jeremy Zuckerman back to do the score so that's a good start. 

• Like 1

I love ATLA, but I feel like Mike and Bryan should move on and make something new and unrelated to the Avatar universe. Like I know that Korra ended like four years ago, but I feel like I've already gotten my fix with that world and characters.  When Netflix announced they were doing the live-action Avatar show, I just kinda rolled my eyes. They're talented and creative guys, and I think they can deliver another amazing non-Avatar product. They shouldn't be straddled with doing the same thing again.

Also live-action adaptations of cartoons are a dumb and bad idea :ph34r:

Theres is just no way that they could translate a lot of the comedic elements of a cartoon/anime in live-action. For example, Tophs and Sokas facial expressions make up SO MUCH as to why they are such great and entertaining characters:

latest?cb=20140317211613

That here is just not possible in Live-Action because of obvious biological reasons.

17 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Theres is just no way that they could translate a lot of the comedic elements of a cartoon/anime in live-action. For example, Tophs and Sokas facial expressions make up SO MUCH as to why they are such great and entertaining characters:

latest?cb=20140317211613

That here is just not possible in Live-Action because of obvious biological reasons.

came in late, we talking about Lion King? It's going to be so inferior but yet make money from chumps

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

came in late, we talking about Lion King? It's going to be so inferior but yet make money from chumps

We were talking specifically about Avatar: The Last Airbender, but my point also stands for every other attempt at translating animes/cartoons to live-action.