Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I think Fantastic Beasts is going to be a lot bigger than a lot of people on this board are predicting. That being said, I still see Rogue One coming out on top

FB: 370M

RO: 600m?

Not sure how things will shake up overseas. But they should both clear 1b WW with ease.....

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

The spin-offs to the two biggest franchises will be released next year.

MCU and Star Wars? I think Doctor Strange will be cool, but Rogue One is going to make at least double whatever Dr Strange does.

• Like 6

Rogue One, of course...

If it was Potter x Star Wars, I don´t know..

but Star Wars x Fantastic Beasts... of course the first will win, it has the name of the main saga... ( besides, everyone will be excited after The force awakens, so that will help a lot)...

Man, maybe i'm crazy but the RO predictions seems out of control to me!  I understand how big of a brand it truly is, but damn.  TFA is truly a perfect storm and regardless of whether or not it tops Avatar to take the domestic crown I don't see RO coming within 1/2 of it's DOM gross.  350-400 would be a fantastic result, in my opinion.  

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think the franchise can keep pushing out 500 million grosses every year, we've just been spoiled lately and lost a bit of our discernment.  

But back to the question, what's going to be make or break is whether Fantastic Beasts brings in GA.  The teaser was obviously not enough to do it, but I think a proper one does have the power.  Right now I see it along the lines of 300-315.  Rogue One seems more likely to break the 350 threshold to me, so I'll give the DOM crown to RO.  OS should be a tight race too, but I think FB might have the edge there.  RO probably still comes out on top overall.  

If FB can get DH2 reviews and an excellent trailer I think there's a legitimate rivalry.  If not I don't think it will even exist.

And I'm a huge potterhead.

Edited by RyneOh1040

Rogue One should go over 400m, I'm skeptical about any higher because it's a spin-off.

Fantastic Beasts will be pushing for over 200m, under 300m is unlikely.

OS will be close, we have to see how well TFA will do.  Spin offs usually do better overseas than domestic.

WW, DOM will help Rogue One win out.

• Like 1