Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Warners is gonna keep making DC-related movies until we're all dead, regardless of how they turn out.

While BvS have fallen short of expectations, DC is an important part of WB's overall strategy not just for films but also television, cartoons, merchandise, games etc TV wise, they're thriving with 4 DC series and 2 Vertigo series and have more in development and Cartoon Network has announced a new JL cartoon along with another season of Teen Titans Go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I am pretty sure Marvel took the Pixar approach. where it is a whole team making a movie. Not just a director/writer. 

In fact, it is the Dinsey way right now.

Pixar

Marvel

WDAS

Lucasfilm

They all work like this, with teams of screenwriters & filmmakers & producers.

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix may be more to your liking. Disclaimer: it's a tad violent.

Violence doesn't bother me. One of these years, I'll get around to watching it -- I'm woefully behind on anything TV-related.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Some Pixar movies are the vision of one person, The Incredibles for example, and people could argue that most of the Pixar directors themselves are "auteurs" in a way, so no, I wouldn't say it's the exact same thing. 

We can't know for sure but every Pixar movie is debated to death by the Big 4 brain trust, trust me, they are always there.

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We can't know for sure but every Pixar movie is debated to death by the Big 4 brain trust, trust me, they are always there.

Of course. They're still done in less of a studio executive fashion then most Marvel movies though. 

• Like 1

When DC starts to make their heroes likable, please get back to me.

Snyder managed to make me hate both Superman & Batman : Bravo !

I was rooting for Doomsday, the only character who seems to have fun during the whole BvS ordeal.

DC is lost in their grim dark, post Nolan partum bullshit ...

We ll see how DC fare with stuff like Aquaman & Cyborg.

WW has a chance of working, The Flash I don't know, main actor looks like a hobBo.

Also, Marvel Casting > DC Casting

The whole thing started by a genius/lucky casting idea : RDJ as Iron Man.

I am not sure we would discuss the MCU without him.

Comparing MCU & DCEU is not really Anna Hahaway fair since MCU has way more films released.

Assuming that what Marvel is doing is easy because to your distinguished palate, they are not risky or bold or (insert main complain here) enough, think again.

I also think there is way more variety in Marvel films that people give them credit for and the "Marvel formula" thing is lazy criticism.

Everything follows a formula, everything.

I think we will all be dead before there is a Jason Pollock joke in a Nolan film.

Nolan sticks to his schtick and he probably doesn't know Amy Schumer exists.

Doing crowd pleasing movies is a science & an art, not everybody can do it with such a good batting average.

Plus let s face it :

Feige : always one step ahead of you.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Of course. They're still done in less of a studio executive fashion then most Marvel movies though. 

Joss Whedon came back for Ultron because he had zero discussion with a Disney/ Marvel executive during the making of the first movie.

I am not making this up, the interviews are available.

Same for Gunn.

Same for the Russos.

Branagh, Johnston didn't complain about this mythical studio interference people like to talk about when they don't like something in a movie.

Oh that  movie was bad, blame the executives and their horrid interferences.

Movie is great , praise the director, executives had nothing to do with this greatness.

Black and white thinking.

Wright & Marvel had creative differences, it happens.

They called McKay to the rescue and made an awesome movie about a guy called Ant Man and it s getting a sequel.

Marvel probably saved Thor 2 from being an even worse movie, that s good producing when you know your filmmaker has no clue about what he is doing.

Terminator Megadrive proved Alan Taylor was one of the greats.

The world is always more complex than "oh Marvel movies are done by executives".

Many shades of grey in between.

Each movie, filmmaker, executive  is different.

Every big movie has tons of executives involved, even the "gasp" Nolans.

I've always loved both companies but DC is definitely my favorite.

Marvel has the better movies at this current venture, but DC's comics, video games and tv shows are better. So they both have their strengths.

How would y'all rank your favorite comics? Batman and X-Men can't be topped (unlike me tho AMIRITE???) and then Wonder Woman, Midnighter and Justice League.

3 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I've always loved both companies but DC is definitely my favorite.

Marvel has the better movies at this current venture, but DC's comics, video games and tv shows are better. So they both have their strengths.

How would y'all rank your favorite comics? Batman and X-Men can't be topped (unlike me tho AMIRITE???) and then Wonder Woman, Midnighter and Justice League.

I love Superman, he is my favorite superhero, and the comics have a lot to do with that, i haven't read a ton of comics yet but off the top of my head my favorites so far would be:

Daredevil: Born Again

All Star Superman

Kingdom Come

Superman For All Seasons

Aquaman Vol 1. (the New 52)

Batgirl Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection (The New 52)

Doctor Strange Season One

and Hawkeye: My Life as A Weapon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I have different answer each time I ask :

are the Sucide Squad worlds and Justice League Worlds linked besides the Batman/Joker connexion or what ?

Thx.

It seems that they do take place in the same universe. I heard people say they weren't also, but it seems that they are.

I don't think I ll ever get over the Martha thing to be honest.

I chuckled during to my screening, like what ?

You re in this (trying to be) super tense psycho drama with super agro, dense characters, all making sad faces to each other  for almost two hours then B & S become fuck buddies because their moms have the same names.

Not even Despicable Me movies do shit like that.

Can't wait for the Blu ray when the filmmakers of BvS talk to us about that legendary eureka moment in the writing/brainstorming room.

That being said Suicide Squad trailers look very good (duh!), so hopefully, we ll al have a blast with this one.

I am not anti DC, I just don't understand BvS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

long post that is basically "I hate Marvel because it's boring and too cinematic universy"

It sounds me to like the only good MCU movie for you would've been Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN, and we live in a world where that isn't a tragedy.

(Actual ANT-MAN is one of the MCU's worst too, so I'd agree with Tele here. Hypothetically.)

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Then again, if your kid loves it, grit your teeth and enjoy his enjoyment. :lol: I'm already preparing to do the same for Bayformers with mine.

*spits out drink* YOU'RE SHOWING TELE JR BAYFORMERS???