Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

Damn, I remember predicting a few months ago that BvS would gross a lot more than Civil War DOM and a bit more WW, how wrong I was.

Its not your fault.  Some of thought BvS would be good.  And if it was...well, we'd probably still be wrong but it'd be closer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kowhite said:

They never, ever, ever claimed they lost money on Harry Potter.

You need a new...

Talkie point.

Yes, I made that joke.  Deal with it.

When calculating the net returns on HP:OOTP WB most certainly did claim a loss.

http://deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting-51886/

My point is that WB, like all studios, will use sleight-of-hand and self-serving spin to make the numbers support whatever case it wants to make. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Talkie said:

When calculating the net returns on HP:OOTP WB most certainly did claim a loss.

http://deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting-51886/

My point is that WB, like all studios, will use sleight-of-hand and self-serving spin to make the numbers support whatever case it wants to make. 

That statement does not mean what you think it does.

If you understand actual Hollywood accounting you know...the numbers on that page represent a very, very profitable movie.  I know that article very well.  And the writer of that article doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.  That's not a studio P&L, and WB never, ever, ever claimed it was.  And if that participants manager was any good...they would've known that.

If you want to know the gory, technical details...I'm happy to explain.

Edited by kowhite

8 minutes ago, kowhite said:

That statement does not mean what you think it does.

If you understand actual Hollywood accounting you know...the numbers on that page represent a very, very profitable movie.  I know that article very well.  And the writer of that article doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.  That's not a studio P&L, and WB never, ever, ever claimed it was.  And if that participants manager was any good...they would've known that.

If you want to know the gory, technical details...I'm happy to explain.

I remember reading that article a few year ago as well. Do you mind explaining why they got it wrong? I'm genuinely curious about that document.

Edited by Arlborn

These comments are hilarious. 

First, BvS made a ton of money because well, Batman and Superman are arguably the top two most iconic superheroes of all time. That alone plus the fact that the previous 2 Batman movies both went over a billion led to BvS reaching 850M. With that being said, BvS should have made Avengers money ...... Until it sucked and gave the comic book movie genre a black eye. I'm a Marvel guy all the way but I watch every movie and BvS pissed me off at how much it sucked. If they can't make a good movie with 3 A-list heroes then there's no hope for the DCU. 

As for whether CW is a Cap or Avengers movie. Why is this even a topic ?? If you seen it you know it's a Cap movie. If you haven't seen it then you should know it's a Cap movie because it f'n says Captain America on the title! Do people not realize the difference it would have made if this movie was called Avengers: Civil War?? AOU was an above average movie. Probably the 6th or 7th best movie in the MCU so far. It had no business making what it made. Avengers movie make Avengers money. Simple as that. 

13 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

First, BvS made a ton of money because well, Batman and Superman are arguably the top two most iconic superheroes of all time. That alone plus the fact that the previous 2 Batman movies both went over a billion led to BvS reaching 850M. With that being said, BvS should have made Avengers money ...... Until it sucked and gave the comic book movie genre a black eye. I'm a Marvel guy all the way but I watch every movie and BvS pissed me off at how much it sucked. If they can't make a good movie with 3 A-list heroes then there's no hope for the DCU. 

As for whether CW is a Cap or Avengers movie. Why is this even a topic ?? If you seen it you know it's a Cap movie. If you haven't seen it then you should know it's a Cap movie because it f'n says Captain America on the title! Do people not realize the difference it would have made if this movie was called Avengers: Civil War?? AOU was an above average movie. Probably the 6th or 7th best movie in the MCU so far. It had no business making what it made. Avengers movie make Avengers money. Simple as that. 

Newbie coming through like:

giphy.gif

@angeldelmito

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

That explains it.

2Gn5wdR.gif

9 hours ago, Iron Raf said:

giphy.gif

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, Iron Raf said:

This is hilarious.  I guess the movie you saw didn't have 90% of the Avengers crew.  Sure it was a Cap story, but as far as BO gross goes, this was an Avengers movie.