Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I haven't kept up with this whole thread, but for me the terrible reviews of BvS made it so when I watched the movie I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, while the high reviews of Cap3 made it so I was a little disappointed by it.  The airport scene was great, but not nearly as great as the hype led me to believe.

I've noticed I enjoy watching new movies quite a bit less since I've gotten really into all the news and marketing materials and behind the scenes stuff.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

The Martha scene was just poorly set up. They may or may not explain it better in the infamous extended cut but it doesn't change the fact that it was poorly set up in the version of the movie most people will remember.

With that said, I understood the double impact that scene is supposed to have (superman giving the only man who can save his mom something to work with plus batman's guilt over his own mother) and I did feel it. I guess I am just more forgiving of this movie's flaws than many others are.

I feel this scene was taken as the scapegoat though and people are way too harsh on it. Snyder didn't tell the story most people were hoping for so they just decided to vent their frustration at it through the ridiculing of this particular scene. I suppose that's fair enough for them, just a shame so many people couldn't enjoy it as much as they wanted to. I know I did.

I actually partially agree, I didn't find the Martha scene that bad to be honest. at least upon first viewing, the idea behind it was actually pretty good. but it's execution was poor. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

I haven't kept up with this whole thread, but for me the terrible reviews of BvS made it so when I watched the movie I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, while the high reviews of Cap3 made it so I was a little disappointed by it.  The airport scene was great, but not nearly as great as the hype led me to believe.

I've noticed I enjoy watching new movies quite a bit less since I've gotten really into all the news and marketing materials and behind the scenes stuff.  

I watched BvS twice (seriously don't ask me why) but yeah, it was better the second time cause my expectations had dropped down to the shithouse and well...yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theStun said:

Actually there is a deleted scene where he does try to find his mother but all he can hear are other crimes being committed and cant focus enough to find his mother. And a name is a lot better then my mother. because my mother doesnt give him anything to go off of.

Superman heard Lois screaming from who knows how far away and was able to save her mid-fall, yet he couldn't sort through the noise to hear Martha or the thugs who kidnapped her? That doesn't make sense. All the other crimes, accidents, etc., were happening when Lex shoved Lois off that building, too. The more it's rationalized, the sillier it seems. 

There are more incredibly nonsensical things in BvS, of course.

Superman had plenty of time to figure out that there was a bomb in the wheelchair after Senator Bluegrass started stammering and Pat Leahy woke up and smelled the piss. Instead of trying to figure out what was wrong, he just looked around with a blank expression. That was the exact same look of incomprehension Superman wore as people lay dead and dying around him after the bomb exploded. There was no attempt to save lives, no sense of horror or pain. Superman came off as very dull-witted  and emotionless through the movie.

Batman could have gotten the kryptonite without killing all those goons by simply following the tracker and stealing it.

Why did anyone believe that Superman had killed those desert terrorists with bullets, but he was never accused of murdering the guy he smashed into paste?

How could Lex's DNA combine with Zod's to make Doomsday when all he did was bleed on the corpse?

And on, and on.... It's just a badly written and directed movie, with poor cinematography and CGI. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Superman heard Lois screaming from who knows how far away and was able to save her mid-fall, yet he couldn't sort through the noise to hear Martha or the thugs who kidnapped her? That doesn't make sense. All the other crimes, accidents, etc., were happening when Lex shoved Lois off that building, too. The more it's rationalized, the sillier it seems. 

There are more incredibly nonsensical things in BvS, of course.

Superman had plenty of time to figure out that there was a bomb in the wheelchair after Senator Bluegrass started stammering and Pat Leahy woke up and smelled the piss. Instead of trying to figure out what was wrong, he just looked around with a blank expression. That was the exact same look of incomprehension Superman wore as people lay dead and dying around him after the bomb exploded. There was no attempt to save lives, no sense of horror or pain. Superman came off as very dull-witted  and emotionless through the movie.

Batman could have gotten the kryptonite without killing all those goons by simply following the tracker and stealing it.

Why did anyone believe that Superman had killed those desert terrorists with bullets, but he was never accused of murdering the guy he smashed into paste?

How could Lex's DNA combine with Zod's to make Doomsday when all he did was bleed on the corpse?

And on, and on.... It's just a badly written and directed movie, with poor cinematography and CGI. 

So lets just start nitpicking to deconstruct the story in fact maybe i will just start destroying the plot holes in civil war or days of future past because well it is a warzone in here  but that will be for another day, back to the discussion at hand we have no idea where superman was but yeah lets just assume he was across the globe when lois was pushed off the building.

And really he was devastated by the senate bombing he was doubting himself and had to go talk to a ghost in the mountains, he even said I dont know if I missed it or just didnt want to see it.

And Superman clearly stated he didnt kill anyone, now how the dude managed to not die eh its a movie vin diesel has survived a lot worse in the FF franchise. But no point in trying to actually explain things because you clearly saw one thing while i saw another. 

• Like 2

Silliest part of Civil War is the premise that the avengers don't already have any oversight.  A group of super powerful people operating out of the US, carrying out military missions in other countries, with no oversight?  Sure thing Russos, sure thing.  

I had assumed after SHIELD broke up that Cap (and the rest) were operating under the US department of defense and the movies just didn't show the chain of command.  But apparently the whole Avengers facility and the helicarrier in Ultron are operating on Cap's personal whims.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IMojammer said:

Silliest part of Civil War is the premise that the avengers don't already have any oversight.  A group of super powerful people operating out of the US, carrying out military missions in other countries, with no oversight?  Sure thing Russos, sure thing.  

I had assumed after SHIELD broke up that Cap (and the rest) were operating under the US department of defense and the movies just didn't show the chain of command.  But apparently the whole Avengers facility and the helicarrier in Ultron are operating on Cap's personal whims.  

The Avengers were funded and run independently (Stark mentioned this in Age of Ultron and the first Avengers). They've never answered to anyone, hence the need for oversight. It's actually very dangerous to have people as powerful as Thor and Hulk walk willy nilly into any country they want without answering to anyone but themselves. It's an issue that's been addressed in many comic storylines like The Authority and the amazing Justice League Unlimited.

SHIELD in another form still existed and most of their equipment was still intact (that's how Fury and Hill got access to another Helicarrier).Agents of SHIELD dealt with this but I understand if no one watched the show because it's not very good (it improved vastly after Winter Soldier but took a dip again). I also felt it shouldn't have been brought into AOU at all. It was one of the many issues that made that movie clunky.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No offense, but perhaps if you weren't so hung up on trying to find fault with CIVIL WAR, you'd enjoy it more.... I swear, a lot of you almost take pride in dissecting these movies in an effort to put them down...

It's a credit to the writing of Civil War that every one of those attempts falls flat.

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd

4 hours ago, IMojammer said:

To believe this makes no sense.  Black Widow is clearly shown as being not under the govt's control at the end of the winter soldier when she basically tells  Congress " fuck you,  you're not going to arrest us even though you know where we are. We're  the Avengers,  you need us or you're screwed.  Tata ". And Tony Stark was funding the Avengers since they split from shield(basically at the end of the first avengers)

How about you pay attention? 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

It's a credit to the writing of Civil War that every one of those attempts falls flat.

Yeah, because the Russos wanted to "Honest Trailer"-proof the movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

they should've went to an abandoned airport for some reason

Which was specifically evacuated on the orders of Tony when he knew that's where Cap was going to be. You might have missed that bit cause there wasn't an exploding building in that scene.

There is no defending BvS. It was a turd through and through. Majority will agree. It hurts for me to say it as it was a childhood dream for me but its the truth. There is no point even criticising it because its just not worth the time and effort. Also nit picking other movies to prove something otherwise is pointless. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Talkie said:

Martha Kent was bound and gagged.  What distinctive noise was she making that Superman was suppose to hear?  And I'm sure the thugs who kidnapped her were just chatting away about holding Superman's mom hostage.  Yep, that's logical. :rolleyes:  The more BvS is nitpicked, the sillier it seems.

• Like 2

Marvel should be enjoying themselves this year with Deadpool, and Civil War. Doctor Strange will be a profit but nothing like Avengers or even Guardians level. More in the lines of around the total of Ant-Man. X-Men:Appcylpse I did have at 240 million domestic but I'm gonna lower it to about $205 million domestic. DC had BVS this year which was overall a decent profit for WB, and Suicide Squad should do big for them in August.