Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I going to be honest here, I rewatched SS and I think I like it better than BVS.

I like SS more than BvS, too. But then I enjoy having a doctor stick syringes in my eye more than I enjoyed watching BvS. :blink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think both were pretty awful, but I found BvS to be a kind of interesting awful. Suicide Squad was just really shit all around.

The squad was fun though.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

The squad was fun though.

Eh. I think there were like two moments where I was like "hey that's kind of cool" but overall I was really looking forward to leaving the theater.

• Like 2

My MCU Rankings:

14.) The Dark World D+ 

13.) The Incredible Hulk C- 

12.) Iron Man 2 C- 

11.) Thor 

10.) Iron Man 3 C+ 

9.) Age of Ultron B- 

8.) Doctor Strange B- 

7.) Ant Man 

6.) The First Avenger 

5.) Guardians of The Galaxy A-

4.) Civil War A-

3.) Iron Man A

2.) The Avengers A

1.) The Winter Solider A+

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Eh. I think there were like two moments where I was like "hey that's kind of cool" but overall I was really looking forward to leaving the theater.

Will Smith and Margaret Robbie saved the movie in my opinion, I'm not denying it was a bad movie, but the two had such a charm on me, I ended up liking Squad.

• Like 1

I think the jokes in the JL trailer were fine, no idea how the movie will play out but the trailer worked. I think anyone who doesn't have a complete hard on for marvel and can be objective can see that.

JL was always supposed to be lighter in tone, but they also probably added even more after the response to BvS. 

3 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

"DC is too dark, they should be more like Marvel"

"Why is DC trying to be like Marvel, they should stick to being dark"

:wintf:

Which one is it?

They can be dark. The problem is that they're shit.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

They can be dark. The problem is that they're shit.

I'll admit as much as I enjoyed SS it was messy and just an overall bad movie.

MOS and UC BvS are much better movies then a lot of the marvel movies. 

So I'll respectfully disagree that the movies are shit. 

Suicide Squad was pathetic, characters kept  telling you how much they were badass  & evil and yet, they were as dangerous as Baby Groot, which will probably turn out more lethal  than this lame band of try hard  dudebros.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

"DC is too dark, they should be more like Marvel"

"Why is DC trying to be like Marvel, they should stick to being dark"

:wintf:

Which one is it?

The problem is they're terrible at both things right now. Their jokey moments fall flat. And their dark dramatic shit falls flat. They should just stop worrying about Marvel and just to be good at one thing at a time. 

• Like 2

Y'all who using words like "too dark" to describe DC movies are talking in literal sense, right? Like no sunlight, blue sky ever seen, and shit like that? 

Cause otherwise, I'm at a loss at what else that are "dark" about those movies. It's exactly the same things I've seen presented and dealt with in other SH movies. 

JL's humor seem fine to me. The same type that I've seen in other CBMs, be it Avengers or X-Men. That is a good (and much needed) approach cause once you have team-up movies with a bunch of big egos and larger than life superheroes, being all serious and posey just make your movies look silly and out of depth. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

Y'all who using words like "too dark" to describe DC movies are talking in literal sense, right? Like no sunlight, blue sky ever seen, and shit like that? 

Cause otherwise, I'm at a loss at what else that are "dark" about those movies. It's exactly the same things I've seen presented and dealt with in other SH movies. 

JL's humor seem fine to me. The same type that I've seen in other CBMs, be it Avengers or X-Men. That is a good (and much needed) approach cause once you have team-up movies with a bunch of big egos and larger than life superheroes, being all serious and posey just make your movies look silly and out of depth. 

I think people use "dark" in the sense that everything seems grim, joyless and too serious for the type of movie they're in. 

From early rumors, the JL humor is supposedly lame and out of place tonally? I dunno I haven't seen it but if it's anything like BvS, there could easily be an issue of tone deafness. 

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I'll admit as much as I enjoyed SS it was messy and just an overall bad movie.

MOS and UC BvS are much better movies then a lot of the marvel movies. 

So I'll respectfully disagree that the movies are shit. 

So Marvel Movies what is your problem with them? Why single them out for flaws when DC movies have more flaws as noted by critics. Also Civil War has replay value while BVS does not.

Edited by chrisman0606

42 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I think people use "dark" in the sense that everything seems grim, joyless and too serious for the type of movie they're in. 

From early rumors, the JL humor is supposedly lame and out of place tonally? I dunno I haven't seen it but if it's anything like BvS, there could easily be an issue of tone deafness. 

If that's what people refer to when they deem things as dark, and it's what they actually want to see too, then well... we might have problems on a whole different aspect.

I just judged the humor I've seen so far from JL base on trailers. I guess things remained to be seen. I just hope it's enjoyable/entertaining. That I think is like the most basic thing to ask for in SH movies.

If a superhero movie isn't enjoyable, it's pretty much useless. That can be said of most movies, but it's especially true in a genre that consistently toes the line between self-parody and over-the-top ridiculousness.

Edited by Eevin

I find it hilarious that people shit on the DCEU for being to dark, grim and humorless then go and praise Daredevil and Logan, the fuck? Yeah, yeah I know "but those were good!" Still doesn't change the fact that they are just as grim as the DCEU. Logan was depressing as shit but I rarely see anyone bitch about that. Yet people complained about TDK trilogy being too dark, cause we all Batman is such a lighthearted jovial figure who needs MCUesque quips in his movies. And when they do put humor in their movies (SS and the JL trailer) people complain it's not funy. As if every one liner in the MCU has been hilarious, how about humor isn't the problem but quality is?

I know people want to act like there's no bias against DC at all but I'm not sure I buy it.

17 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I still think The Avengers: Infinity War and the sequel might have a fighting chance of breaking TFA's DOM record.

HAHA that's a good one! So between Avengers and Avengers 2, there's a substantial decline in interest, but magically one of the Infinity War films is going to double Avengers 2 and beat TFA? Good luck with that! I don't think either will make over $600M. They will be huge hits, no doubt about it, very big. They'll probably open enormously, maybe $200M to $220M or so, but they'll fall pretty hard and pretty fast.