Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So curious what does everyone think the next solo SH film that will cross the 1B mark WW the last one to do it was IM3. And I guess you could say GOTG2 has a great shot but I personally wouldn't count that as it is a team same with I wouldn't count SS2 if it somehow managed to do it anyway I think the best chance in the next few years would be Black panther imo has the highest chance and next would possibly be DP2 but that would all hinge on if it's get a China  release. And I do think Aquaman has an outside chance if JL is received decent and the whole VR IMAX thing is a worth wild experience. 

BVS more re-watchable than MOS imo. Once I got over Martha* and Lois trying to get the spear, I was at peace.

And am one of those who liked the final Doomsday fight a lot.

edit: *Nopes, will never get over it.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, theStun said:

So curious what does everyone think the next solo SH film that will cross the 1B mark WW the last one to do it was IM3. And I guess you could say GOTG2 has a great shot but I personally wouldn't count that as it is a team same with I wouldn't count SS2 if it somehow managed to do it anyway I think the best chance in the next few years would be Black panther imo has the highest chance and next would possibly be DP2 but that would all hinge on if it's get a China  release. And I do think Aquaman has an outside chance if JL is received decent and the whole VR IMAX thing is a worth wild experience. 

Either Aquaman or Black Panther has a decent chance. I don't know if Homecoming counts, but if it does that's the answer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

It really does.

Shame about the plot being iffy though. A bit too many needless subplots

They were hamstrung by having to create a movie where Batman defeats Superman.    The premise is so illogical and silly they were doomed.   It actually required them to make Superman an idiot to make it work.

7 hours ago, YourMother said:

Here's a crazy thought (Domestic) :

Aquaman > JL 

$400M-$450M > $350M-$420M

Lol, there is no way in hell that Aquaman does $400m+ domestic. The best it can hope for is Suicide Squad / GotG numbers. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XO21 said:

> I don't think Spidey new movie will gross 1B

> Aquaman has a chance at grossing 1B

:redcapes:

He said solo film. I didn't know if Homecoming counts as a solo film due to Iron Man.

16 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Domestically, no movie will top TFA in the next 10-20 years except maybe Episode 8 or 9, but their reception will be the key factor. Avatar 2,3,4,5,6, who gives shit will never even come close. WW is another conversation ofc.

I still think The Avengers: Infinity War and the sequel might have a fighting chance of breaking TFA's DOM record.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

A comment from youtube,

"I used to think that people who fight over religions are dumb.Then I saw people fighting over marvel and dc."

In order of dumbest (and deadly and unhealthy):

1. Religion 

2. Politics

3. Sports

4. Franchise/Brand wars (movies, videogames, brands, fandoms, etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

In order of dumbest (and deadly and unhealthy):

1. Religion 

2. Politics

3. Sports

4. Franchise/Brand wars (movies, videogames, brands, fandoms, etc.)

I think Race is the No. 1 on that list.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:57 PM, cax16 said:

UC BvS > civil war 

I've said it before, love all the comic book movies but civil war has no replay value for me. 

Civil War didn't do it for me either. One of the most overrated SH movies for some time. As for upcoming SH movies, GOTG2 is not looking that great either (too much Baby-Groot-mongering) Spidey and Thor 3 look awesome though. Wonder Woman will probably underwhelm while Justice League has a hill to climb. By the looks of the trailer, it seemed like a CGI-fest (in the negative sense) with lots of unnecessary humor thrown into the mix to make it more MCU-esque. I would much rather have the DCEU remain more solemn. 

@The Futurist Wait until you see soccer fans engage in that sh*t. It's like the worse you have seen until today, times 1000. 

Edited by PPZVGOS

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Civil War didn't do it for me either. One of the most overrated SH movies for some time. As for upcoming SH movies, GOTG2 is not looking that great either (too much Baby-Groot-mongering) Spidey and Thor 3 look awesome though. Wonder Woman will probably underwhelm while Justice League has a hill to climb. By the looks of the trailer, it seemed like a CGI-fest (in the negative sense) with lots of unnecessary humor thrown into the mix to make it more MCU-esque. I would much rather have the DCEU remain more solemn. 

The humor in JL will be more natural, and not forced like in the MCU movies. I'm not worried about that.