Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 years later and people still ignoring the fact that the whole point of the fight between Zod and Superman was Superman stopping Zod from killing people, like he threatened to do. Superman was literally pursuing him to prevent him from doing that. 4 years!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalo said:

2). Let Jimmy Olsen live, bringing and killing Jimmy Olsen in one scene was one of the most erroneous things I've seen done with disrespect for Superman characters, Olsen is an awesome sidekick and buddy to Clark and needs an important role in Superman, most people don't even know that was Jimmy in BvS anyways. 

That's the only thing I actually agree with. Killing Jimmy Olsen like that was completely pointless and that's probably why it hasn't even made into the theatrical version. Just invent an excuse to bring him back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That's the only thing I actually agree with. Killing Jimmy Olsen like that was completely pointless and that's probably why it hasn't even made into the theatrical version. Just invent an excuse to bring him back.

It wasn't pointless, it was fun!

Hot wishful thinking take:

Since Cavill is avaliable and in London filming additional photography for Justice League with Joss Whedon and the gang, Joss Whedon IS NOT STOPPING after Justice League and he's actually the director of Man of Tomorrow, coming to theaters in 2018, to be announced at SDCC, just in time for Superman's 80th anniversary. 

Wishful thinking? Yes, but this Superman fan can dream. :wub:

Maybe break the mold and go with "JOSS WHEDON'S RETURN OF THE SUPERMAN".  A direct sequel to Justice League, summer of 2018. Gah. Oh my God, please make my dreams real, Geoff Johns. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

4 years later and people still ignoring the fact that the whole point of the fight between Zod and Superman was Superman stopping Zod from killing people, like he threatened to do. Superman was literally pursuing him to prevent him from doing that. 4 years!

I have no problem with Superman killing but my main problem with Superman in the DCEU as of now, is I don't care for him as a character whether he lives or dies (to me at least) and poor character development.

Edited by YourMother

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

The ONLY reason they made a point to mention the "abandoned location" and that "downtown was empty" was because insane people like you bitched and moaned for 3 years about how "omg bad guys killed people!!!@#!@" in MOS.

No, they complained that during Superman's enormously destructive fight with Zod, he never made any conscious effort to try to get Zod away from the people. This was also illustrated in the scene where Zod kicks a gas truck at Superman and rather than stop it or even make the attempt to, he almost lazily jumps in between them and lets it slide right into a building causing unneccessary destruction. Batman v Superman took the wrong message from the complaints. Just like they did when Mrs. Snyder said more or less said that people don't want their heroes deconstructed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I have no problem with Superman killing but my main problem with Superman in the DCEU as of now, is I don't care for him as a character whether he lives or dies (to me at least) and poor character development.

That's a criticism that I can respect even though I don't feel the same way

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hot wishful thinking take:

Since Cavill is avaliable and in London filming additional photography for Justice League with Joss Whedon and the gang, Joss Whedon IS NOT STOPPING after Justice League and he's actually the director of Man of Tomorrow, coming to theaters in 2018, to be announced at SDCC, just in time for Superman's 80th anniversary. 

Wishful thinking? Yes, but this Superman fan can dream. :wub:

Maybe break the mold and go with "JOSS WHEDON'S RETURN OF THE SUPERMAN".  A direct sequel to Justice League, summer of 2018. Gah. Oh my God, please make my dreams real, Geoff Johns. 

Return of the Superman

"From the director of The Avengers"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That's a criticism that I can respect even though I don't feel the same way

If it's any consolation, I'm starting to like MOS more. 

• Like 1

So what he should be doing to help people doesn't include rescuing a bunch of kids from drowning in a bus? Is he afraid that they're gonna take his kid to Area 51 or something? If he knew about Clark's powers, shouldn't he know that Clark is strong enough to just fight them off? Or he just doesn't want a bunch of paparazzi around him for having a superhero son that everyone will look up to?

In his position, I don't know what I would do either, but I certainly wouldn't condemn him for rescuing children from certain death. That's just selfish and ridiculous.

They ruined Johnathan Kent for life. It's just Zack Snyder shitting on Superman characters. It's not a shocker when Snyder killed off Jimmy Olson within the first 20 minutes of "BVS." But it was upsetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he really doesn't and the second instance is much more complex than it sounds.

Parents doing what they think it's necessary to keep their children safe is pretty good parenting if you ask me. I wouldn't call it bad just because I disagree with it.

Also, the notion that people owe anyone anything is a terrifyingly totalitarian one. One shouldn't help others because he has to, he should because he wants to.

Which makes Superman more of anti-hero, than.....you know.....Superman?

I'm w/you on the 1st two, actually. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Man Of Steel isn't some kind of masterpiece around here. It REALLY isn't [emoji14] And fuck TASM2.

Though I'm easier on the other three than you. I actually still really love The Avengers (though I obviously recognize its flaws). And I don't think the Thor movies are garbage, but I don't think they're better than average either.

I like the first Thor, but Thor 2 sucks.

1 minute ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

They ruined Johnathan Kent for life. It's just Zack Snyder shitting on Superman characters. It's not a shocker when Snyder killed off Jimmy Olson within the first 20 minutes of "BVS." But it was upsetting.

Nah. 

Doomsday Clock could fix that. Actually, I genuinelly think Geoff Johns wrote DC Rebirth AND Doomsday Clock ALSO having the DCEU in mind. Very curious to see if that stuff will see the leap for the big screen. 

Nah. 

Doomsday Clock could fix that. Actually, I genuinelly think Geoff Johns wrote DC Rebirth AND Doomsday Clock ALSO having the DCEU in mind. Very curious to see if that stuff will see the leap for the big screen. 

I would love for George Miller to direct a two part adaption of "Convergence." It might be a mess, but it would exciting to watch.

2 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

I would love for George Miller to direct a two part adaption of "Convergence." It might be a mess, but it would exciting to watch.

George Miller needs to do what George Miller does best. And that's more Mad Max and Furiosa movies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

But his Justice League movie would of been awesome!

I don't think so. I think that for better or for worse, what we will have from now on what happened with the DCEU so far will pave the way for the future, and the future looks like gold.

9 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

LOL what? Millions of people died?! What the hell? Did you watch Star Wars or something?! He could control Zod wanting to murder EVERYONE ON EARTH? (he did, by killing him)

The ONLY reason they made a point to mention the "abandoned location" and that "downtown was empty" was because insane people like you bitched and moaned for 3 years about how "omg bad guys killed people!!!@#!@" in MOS.

Okay, maybe millions was an exaggeration. But certainly thousands died because of Superman and his decisions.

1st of all, you're damn fucking right he could've controlled the casualties. It's not "omg bad guys killed people", it's "omg bad guys killed people AND SUPERMAN DIDN'T HELP THEM THAT MUCH EITHER". How many times can that be repeated as the real problem here? Instead of amping up the destruction and failing to protect the people that he loves and even put over his own kind (Krypton), he could've, oh I don't know, punched Zod away from Metropolis? He could've done that. Or he could've at least tried (if it didn't work, there was some justification), and he didn't even do that. Punch him back to space. Or punch him to a remote location, away from the civilians. Zod becomes too much of a burden? Eventually, go for the last resort and kill him (which is what happened, but in a not brilliantly structured way). Superman killing Zod is easily the least of my problems, actually (hell, I think it actually was a neat idea, if it were/was used as the dawn of a no kill rule for Supes, and shut the fuck up if you're about to say "Supes never had a no kill rule", that's BS and you know it... plus, Supes has killed Zod in the comics and in Superman II, anyway). And I know, you cannot save every single person, there's always gonna be some casualties, but like I said, couldn't have Superman at least tried to minimize them? I'll say this: most of the destruction is Zod's own responsability, yes, but the fact that Superman did little to nothing to stop it, other than just continuing to fight Zod on Metropolis and further adding to the mayhem instead of even trying to fly him off that place is what angers me. Did you finally get this gripe people have w/the movie after what feels like the billionth time someone explains it?

2nd, I wasn't at all criticizing their decision to move BVS' fight scenes to abandoned locations. I was just criticizing how hard they were trying to let audiences know, when you can easily tell that place was evacuated without anybody spelling it out for you.

And 3rd, am I the insane one? Am I the insane one?! I'm not the one calling other people insane because they disagree my other points of view, am I? I don't agree w/your defending of MOS, but I don't think you're insane for having a different opinion than mine. Where I see Superman negligently allowing tons of people dying and mountains of dollars in property damage, you see the world's greatest hero fighting the most evil Earth has ever seen, and I'm fine w/that. But yeah, if you're gonna take it to call me insane, look in the mirror, kid. Maybe, YOU'RE the insane one. Maybe you're the one who needs a little bit of checking. Maybe you're the one who needs to get his head out of his ass next time he calls people insane just because they got a number wrong (thousands died, not millions, happy?) and they have a different opinion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You know, there is this thing called...The Phantom Zone, which they managed to throw everyone else in by the end of the movie...but for some reason, Zod is "special"?  And it's not like the rest of the movie is all that different from Donner's Superman I/II...it's virtually a full structural lift, in context (even if the "tone" is different)...so why not use The Phantom Zone for what it was designed for?  To show that 'The Man of Steel' is above killing if at all possible, even when a city is threatened with destruction?  If you're going to introduce The Phantom Zone into the movie, than this "choice" is still what I take issue with.  It's not about what Zod was doing... the film was written and directed specifically making those choices.  So yes, I do have issues with the writer and director for their choices, which don't inherently reflect the spirit of who Superman is, no matter which interpretation you're talking about...