Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

^^^ Am more of a DC guy but this was for fun. Thought best not to post it on the WONDER WOMAN thread in case it get's taken wrongly. :lol:

Edited by a2knet

To be fair, most reviews are saying Wonder Woman is better than any MCU movie. It's not just because it's the first DCEU fresh movie, it's getting better reviews than any of us ever expected or hoped for.

Even though I'm a huge Snyder fan, and I love MOS and BVS and Superman is my favorite character, I'm so happy for Wonder Woman, Gal and Patty Jenkins slaying. :worthy: Just hope it blows up at the box office too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-box-office-opening-worldwide-projection-gal-gadot-1202104439/

After all,  I am still right about my OW/DOM/WW 60/130/420 prediction...For the WIN !!!

By the way, the budget is 150m instead of 120m. I always knew that people were simply overestimating the financial performance of this movie. And,  I see a lot of people gunning for the 100 mil plus OW and 300 mil plus DOM in the other thread...A lot of them are gonna be so disappointed. 

Maybe your hate boner for WB blinds you.

• Like 1

DCEU-

MOS- 8/10

BVS- 6/10

SS- 2/10

MCU-

IM- 9/10

IM2- 5/10

IM3- 8/10

TIH- 6.5/10

CA- 6/10

CA:WS- 8/10

CA:CW- 5.8/10

GOTG- 9.5/10

GOTG2- 8.5/10

THOR- 6/10

THOR2- 6/10

ANT MAN- 8.2/10

DR STRANGE- 6/10

AVENGERS- 8.8/10

AVENGERS:AOU- 7/10

TDK TRILOGY-

BB- 7.5/10

TDK- 9.7/10

TDKR- 8.7/10

GREEN LANTERN- 3/10

300- 7/10

300:roe- 5/10

SPIDER-MAN

SM- 8/10

SM2- 9.5/10

SM3- 7/10

ASM- 7/10

ASM2- 7/10

BATMAN-

BM- 8/10

BM RETURNS- 6.5/10

BATMAN FOREVER- 2/10

BATMAN AND ROBIN- 1/10

Lego BM- 8.3/10

BLADE-

BLADE 1- 7/10

BLADE 2- 8/10

BLADE 3- 4/10

CATWOMAN- 1/10

DAREDEVIL- 2.2/10

CROW-

CROW- 6.5/10

CROW2-4- 3/10

X-MEN-

XM- 7.2/10

XM2- 8.6/10

XM3- 5.5/10

XMO- 5.3/10

XM:FC- 8.8/10

XM:DOFP- 8.4/10

XM:A- 4/10

DP-8/10

LOGAN-7.5/10

ELECTRA- 1/10

F4- 6/10

F4:ROS- 6/10

F4- 2/10

GHOST RIDER- 4/10

GR:SOV- 4/10

HELLBOY- 8/10

HELLBOY2- 8.2/10

HULK- 5/10

HOWARD THE DUCK- 3/10

JONAH HEX- 4/10

JUDGE DREDD- 4/10

DREDD- 5/10

KICK- ASS- 7.8/10

KICK-ASS2- 5/10

KINGSMAN- 8/10

WATCHMEN- 7/10

V FOR V- 8/10

SUPERMAN- 6/10

SUPERMAN2- 4/10 

SUPES3-4- 2/10

WANTED- 7.6/10

TLOEG- 1/10

MAN-THING- 7/10

SIN CITY- 7.1/10

SIN-CITY2- 3.8/10

THE MASK- 8.4/10

TSOTM- 7.6/10

MIB- 8.8/10

MIB2- 8.6/10

MIB3- 8/10

STAR WARS- 7/10

ESB- 9.7/10

ROTJ- 4/10

TPM- 4/10

AOC- 3.5/10

ROTS- 5.5/10

TFA-9/10

ROGUE ONE- 6/10

SCOTT PILGRIM VS TW- 8/10

SPAWN- 6.4/10

TANK GIRL- 7/10

LORD OF THE RINGS-

TFOTR- 9.8/10

TTT- 9.6/10

ROTK- 10/10

HOBBIT- 7/10

TDOS- 6.7/10

TWOFK- 6.8/10

HP- 8.6/10

HP2- 8.2/10

HP3- 9.3/10

HP4- 8.2/10

HP5- 8.4/10

HP6- 7.8/10

HP7- 8/10

HP8- 8.1/10

TF- 7.2/10

TF2- 5/10

TF3- 5.5/10

TF4- 2/10

POTC- 8/10

DMC- 9/10

AWE- 6.8/10

OST- 4/10

DMTNT- 6.5/10

JP- 9.5/10

JP2- 8.3/10

JP3- 5/10

JW- 6/10

WILL DO ALIEN AND BOND LATER.

Edited by damnitgeorge08
  • Like 3

So DC has the highest rated comic book superhero movie on Rotten Tomatoes, huh? Is there anything this franchise can't do?

Billion dollar grosser movies

Academy Award winning movies

Best of the genre on RT movies

Box office record breaker movies

Next challenge, please

tumblr_ng2isjmwuf1s9i49io1_500.gif

@damnitgeorge08

You put The Incredible Hulk outside the MCU? I mean, I know some people like to consider it separate, but it really isn't. It's very much part of it.

You forgot Rogue One under Star Wars

HOBBIT- 7/10

TDOS- 6.7/10

TWOFK- 6.8/10

I wasn't aware that the third Hobbit was named... whatever name it is you gave it

It's called battle of the five armies -- BotFA :rofl:

DREDD- 5/19

Dredd, which deserves a 19 out of May... :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

@damnitgeorge08

You put The Incredible Hulk outside the MCU? I mean, I know some people like to consider it separate, but it really isn't. It's very much part of it.

You forgot Rogue One under Star Wars

I wasn't aware that the third Hobbit was named... whatever name it is you gave it

It's called battle of the five armies -- BotFA :rofl:

Dredd, which deserves a 19 out of May... :ph34r:

I also think incredible hulk is in mcu but I conpletely forgot about it in the beginning, tells you about the movie. Adding rogue one now. As for twofk, I think w is for war, but why the fuck did I type k. Sorry for that.

I checked at the end that I didn't type 9 instead of 0. But it still happened. Thanks!

Let's see if I can start a semi-civil argument with someone, I'm really bored:

Man of Steel is absolute garbage.  One of the worst superhero movies ever made.  Same with Amazing Spider-Man 2.  Also, Avengers is good but overrated, and both Thor movies are complete garbage.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Man of Steel is absolute garbage.  One of the worst superhero movies ever made.  Same with Amazing Spider-Man 2.  Also, Avengers is good but overrated, and both Thor movies are complete garbage.

Nah

Yes

Kind of

Kind of

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

don't agree with the first part, 2nd part not as much either although it isn't that good either, the rest I totally agree with though

Edited by 75live

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't believe you really believe MOS is absolute garbage. Too many great talent in it, I don't think it's possible for someone to dislike everything about it. From the cast, to the score, and the VFX, and the production design, the cinematography, etc., too much good work in there.

MOS is a solid CBM. ASM2 is just okay, not as bad as everyone makes out. The Avengers IS as good as everyone makes out and isn't overrated in any way. The first Thor movie is fine but yeah The Dark World is pretty awful.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't believe you really believe MOS is absolute garbage. Too many great talent in it, I don't think it's possible for someone to dislike everything about it. From the cast, to the score, and the VFX, and the production design, the cinematography, etc., too much good work in there.

The cast?  Yeah, no.  Henry Cavill, the main fucking character, is about as charismatic as a block of wood.  I think the only performance that was fine was Shannon as Zod, and even that had its own shortcomings.  The score, visuals, and most technical aspects of it are fine (aside from the gray color scheme), but they don't blow me away to the point where I completely ignore the major flaws of the film: The boring, overlong action, the laughable dialogue, etc.  It's such an atrocity in most other regards that I can't just give it a pass because it has good visuals.  By that logic, Transformers 2 would be good.

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The cast?  Yeah, no.  Henry Cavill, the main fucking character, is about as charismatic as a block of wood.  

I disagree with your opinion of The Avengers and both Thor movies. I agree with you on TASM2 and MOS. However, what you said about Cavil I could not agree more with.

I give both Thor movies props for visually bringing the Thor world to life. IMO apart from Green Lantern Thor was one of the bigger challenges when visualizing a non-Earth universe. They did a very good job with it. There maybe something about it that gives people a polarized reaction...but I for one love absorbing it's cinematography.

Thor2 imo is under-rated. It's nothing much but it gets unnecessary hate. Both are a decent 6.5/10 for me. If I have to compare it to DCEU I would say,

BVS-R 6.75/10

Thor 2 6.5/10

Thor 1 6.5/10

MOS 6.25/10

SS 3.5/10

• Like 1

Taking the talk from the other thread:

19 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

But considering WB's expectations, and their reaction to the average performance of "BVS", I'd definitely say it was a big disappointment for WB. It cost the same amount of money as "Age of Ultron", and couldn't break a billion worldwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure about that:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/disney-handed-record-31m-tax-credit-for-filming-avengers-in-uk-9783561.html

At the date of 8 October 2014 they already had spent £208.1m on Avengers 2, that was around 336.22 million US at the time with still 6 month to go before the release and I would imagine some post-prod (sfx, sound, etc...), and maybe some reshoot expense still to go, it probably ended up over a 360 million gross budget for Ultron, could be more.

And I doubt people on BvS got RDJ points, or that the producer are getting Feige points, Ultron cost could have been significantly larger (not that it matter too much when you do 600m at the box office). But normally Ultron total cost was massively over BvS at the end.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

The cast?  Yeah, no.  Henry Cavill, the main fucking character, is about as charismatic as a block of wood.  I think the only performance that was fine was Shannon as Zod, and even that had its own shortcomings.  The score, visuals, and most technical aspects of it are fine (aside from the gray color scheme), but they don't blow me away to the point where I completely ignore the major flaws of the film: The boring, overlong action, the laughable dialogue, etc.  It's such an atrocity in most other regards that I can't just give it a pass because it has good visuals.  By that logic, Transformers 2 would be good.

Atrocity?  That's pretty bold.  I'm no fan of MoS, but it's an example of a film where its problematic themes and characters outweigh some of the wonderful technical work accomplished (as in, I would argue that you nearly always *entirely believe* what's happening on screen, it's just that many people have strong disagreements about how it happens, including me).  I would argue that if you're going to use that word at all, SS and BvS are actually much closer in terms of their cluster-fookiness. 

It's kind of disappointing to see anyone dismissing any film that hundreds (and perhaps thousands) worked very hard on for years with "It sucks."  "It's an atrocity."  The production process is so complex behind-the-scenes, with many voices, and unfortunately it's too easy for most of us just watching films to be pithy and dismissive unless we really understand the long-term process.

For me, actually, Shannon and Adams are the most disappointing aspects of the film, considering those two are great in everything else.  But most disappointing is the film's overall message. "Should I have let them just die?"  "Maybe."   Indeed, the film largely feels like a vacuum of emotions being sucked into a Phantom Zone-vortex.  That's why Wonder Woman feels so fresh...it feels like gaining something back we've lost as humanity.  Movies desperately need hope and inspiration in their themes, characters, and messages, which is why its such an irony that a character like the Man of Steel was so sorely lacking in those fundamental elements when he re-emerged on screen. 

Edited by Macleod