Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

China is not growing anymore. Guardians barely increased in 3 years. MI5 did not increase that much from MI4. I am not sure another 3 years will help that much. Plus we dont know the competition landscape. Avatar had an open run for 2 months. Now movies are churned at a faster rate.

But Cameron is the king in China. So it should break some records. But how much we cannot guess until close to release.

Not growing in that insane speed like it used to, but it's still one of the fastest growing markets in the world.

You can't expect every sequel to increase in China, especially those that the predecessor never sparked any real interests like Guardians1 and MI4. I assume Star Wars 8 will probably have to face the same problem in China. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

My OW/DOM/WW  60/130/420 prediction for Wonder Woman is not going straight to the dumpster ....:ohmyzod:     I double dare you!!!        

Cute.

• Like 1

96% for WW!

Well that's interesting. Looks like Jenkins did it, although I'm having a hard time buying the raves about Gadot's charismatic performance. 

Even more interesting: Will dceu fans now admit that RT is right and that the rest of the DCEU is shit? 

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

My OW/DOM/WW  60/130/420 prediction for Wonder Woman is not going straight to the dumpster ....:ohmyzod:     I double dare you!!!        

Well... points for consistency, I suppose.

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

PUSSY SO WET, IT DRIPS!

FEELING SO GANGSTA, JOINED CRIBS!

SO MUSCULAR, DID 800 DIBS!

4 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

I have a feeling that Justice League is gonna get good reviews since it was under when Geoff Johns took over but ZS is still the director of the film, and how Joss Whedon is now helping out. 

And that puts ZS in a very bad situation. JL gets bad reviews and all the blame will be on ZS, and if good reviews, Joss Whedon will get the most praise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

spider-man will be the first rotten mcu to keep the balance.

NO, don't even. Let it be good. I don't want the streak of really good superhero movies this year broken (Lego Bats-Logan-Guardians 2-WW). Ragnarok looks like it won't break the streak, hopefully neither Spidey or JLA do the trick either.

Please, pretty please :( I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A GOOD SPIDEY MOVIE SINCE SPIDER-MAN 2, FOR FUCK'S SAKE

• Like 1

Yaaay, WW seems to be the first watchable DCEU film. Didn't care for the movie a couple of months ago, but now... Quite interested. This is especially a big win for female directors. I wonder if Patty Jenkins will become one of the leading people behind the DCEU now that her film is looking to be a huge hit. It seems the DCEU is finally pulling itself together, now if only they would rename it to DC Cinematic Universe (Extended doesn't make any sense whatsoever). 
Anyways, congrats to the WB and DC, and that comes from a hardcore MCU fan. It's time for Marvel to be thrown outside of its comfort zone, they were getting lazy for the past couple of years.

I dont think spidey will be rotten. It won't be in the 90's either and i think even 80's is likely but i think 70's is where it will fall. 

Amongst the next 4 mcu movies (spidey, thor, BP & avengers) i think thor is the most dangerous. The last 2 thor do not have very high RT score and it seems the most riskiest. 

http://deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-box-office-opening-worldwide-projection-gal-gadot-1202104439/

After all,  I am still right about my OW/DOM/WW 60/130/420 prediction...For the WIN !!!

By the way, the budget is 150m instead of 120m. I always knew that people were simply overestimating the financial performance of this movie. And,  I see a lot of people gunning for the 100 mil plus OW and 300 mil plus DOM in the other thread...A lot of them are gonna be so disappointed. 

12 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-box-office-opening-worldwide-projection-gal-gadot-1202104439/

After all,  I am still right about my OW/DOM/WW 60/130/420 prediction...For the WIN !!!

By the way, the budget is 150m instead of 120m. I always knew that people were simply overestimating the financial performance of this movie. And,  I see a lot of people gunning for the 100 mil plus OW and 300 mil plus DOM in the other thread...A lot of them are gonna be so disappointed. 

:kitschjob:

• Like 2

Critics treat happy meal movies with kid gloves, so I don't see how Spider-Man could possibly end up rotten. It looks so harmless and inoffensive that I'm sure Holland's charisma alone will propel it to fresh status.