Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Yeah, that's more proof there is a huge difference between the Marvel that Kevin Feige runs and the other stuff with Perlmutter involved.   

At this point Feige is looking like a Spielberg figure, just about everything he touches turns to gold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

At this point Feige is looking like a Spielberg figure, just about everything he touches turns to gold.

Yeah it's like I was talking with @Barnack the other day, no other producer in Hollywood is hotter than him. Disney is wise on keeping that man happy with Marvel Studios. As long as he keeps his drive, I don't really think he has reached his full potential yet. Also, Disney giving him more power to control the Marvel TV division is what I'd like to see. Keep what it works (Netflix shows) and literally purge everything else (Inhumans, Agents, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, etc). I can't reconcile with the idea that the MCU is anything else other than the fillms done by Marvel Studios as long as Perlmutter and Loeb are the ones in charge. They had a great start with the Netflix shows but they are obviously out of control. Inhumans is a joke, and Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are jokes waiting to happen. These characters deserve better than that, and I'm reportedly an Inhumans hater within the comics side of things. 

• Like 1

RE: Batman: The Telltale Series I was talking about, the first chapter goes free starting today on iOS. Played on my PS4 and it's bad optimized as all hell. Not sure if on iOS would be any better, but it's worth it by the story alone. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/05/batman-telltale-game-episode-one-now-free-ios-forever/

@Cochofles, after playing Batman: The Telltales Series, I'd definitely be down for a game made by them for Wonder Woman and Supes. I think it could reach a great deal of demographics since it's basically an interactive story. It isn't really a GAME like the Arkham games, but it should be something that WB should keep an eye on. Both Batman and the Guardians game are good fun, if anything. As a gamer, they aren't really GREAT games, but as far as story goes, it's serviceable and actually quite memorable. I'm still have to play all the chapters of the Guardians game, but as far as story goes, the Batman Telltale Game has quite a memorable cool story, and it's actually my favorite Telltale game (I've just played the first two TWD games since I've got bored with their formula, but then again I don't think I'm the target audience for this kind of games). I'd recommend it to you as well, like I've said above, it's first chapter is free on iOS starting today. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

24 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Keep what it works (Netflix shows) and literally purge everything else (Inhumans, Agents, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, etc). I can't reconcile with the idea that the MCU is anything else other than the fillms done by Marvel Studios as long as Perlmutter and Loeb are the ones in charge.

That's pretty harsh. Sure, InHumans didn't work, but I don't see how that means the other shows are trash. It's like saying having 1 or 2 missteps means the whole lot should be scraped. Which clearly isn't the way to go as evidenced by the movies (TIH, IM2, Thor2). Also, I've read some good reactions about the Runaways and I'm looking forward to it. Cloak & Dagger is too far away to tell, but it could also be a good addition. You might not like the ideas but you're not obligated to watch them. I think it's fine that Marvel diversifying their output and it's doubtful Feige has the time or inclination to get involved with the TV side.

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

That's pretty harsh. Sure, InHumans didn't work, but I don't see how that means the other shows are trash. It's like saying having 1 or 2 missteps means the whole lot should be scraped. Which clearly isn't the way to go as evidenced by the movies (TIH, IM2, Thor2). Also, I've read some good reactions about the Runaways and I'm looking forward to it. Cloak & Dagger is too far away to tell, but it could also be a good addition. You might not like the ideas but you're not obligated to watch them. I think it's fine that Marvel diversifying their output and it's doubtful Feige has the time or inclination to get involved with the TV side.

I just want a higher bar on the quality control, that's all. 

6 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I would like him for Justice League 2 :redcapes:

I'm watching Double Toasted review of Book of Henry right now and just give me whatever Trevorrow smoked after Jurassic World. He is a good director, but a terrible writer, if that's his screenplay. Holy shit. 

7 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Now that Colin Trevorrow is out, it means Star Wars Episode IX might be delayed to 2019 Christmas...Well, it will be time for Gal Gadot to step aside for the big boys

December would be a bad date for Wonder Woman in my opinion. This has already become the new "Star Wars date".  2020's Valentine's Days. That's the date that Wonder Woman would completely slay at the box office in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I want to preface this saying that I think that adjusting inflation to gauge films is non-sense. That's not how we popularly gauge this stuff but I'm seeing a lot of movement on the Spider-Man: Homecoming and Wonder Woman thread about adjusted to inflation box office grosses, so here it's the top 10 domestic grosses adjusted to inflation for superhero films:

1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $623,357,910 4,349 $207,438,708 4,349 5/4/12
2 The Dark Knight WB $660,251,600 $533,345,358 7/18/08
3 Spider-Man Sony $617,719,400 $403,706,375 5/3/02
4 Batman WB $559,666,600 $251,188,924 6/23/89
5 Spider-Man 2 Sony $534,811,300 $373,585,825 6/30/04
6 The Dark Knight Rises WB $511,902,300 $448,139,099 7/20/12
7 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $475,854,300 $459,005,868 5/1/15
8 Spider-Man 3 Sony $434,848,000 $336,530,303 5/4/07
9 Iron Man 3 BV $433,906,300 $409,013,994 5/3/13
10 Captain America: Civil War BV $415,654,000 $408,084,349 5/6/16
11 Wonder Woman WB $409,537,039 4,165 $103,251,471 4,165 6/2/17
12 Iron Man Par. $394,234,700 $318,412,101 5/2/08
13 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 BV $387,070,300 $389,682,717 5/5/17
14 Deadpool Fox $375,984,600 $363,070,709 2/12/16
15 Batman Forever WB $376,100,400 $184,031,112 6/16/95
16 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $366,068,600 $333,176,600 8/1/14
17 Iron Man 2 Par. $349,375,100 $312,433,331 5/7/10
18 Batman Returns WB $348,813,000 $162,831,698 6/19/92
19 Superman II WB $345,960,800 $108,185,706 6/19/81
20 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB $340,137,000 $330,360,194 3/25/16

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I want to preface this saying that I think that adjusting inflation to gauge films is non-sense.

Using the same variable (US dollar here) is non-sense ? I was not talking about ticket price inflation, but just actual was the face value of those number mean.

Spirited away made 308.0 billion YEN in Japan, was it 100 time bigger than Avatar in Japan alone ?

To answer that you would translate YEN to USD (or some common variable), comparing face value dollar from different time is also the same kind of non-sense it is not the same variable, exactly like yen vs Euro.

If you think that adjusting for inflation is non sense, does it mean you think Iron-Man 2 was a bigger box office success than Star Wars first release, it did 312 million more than Star wars before 1982...

There is arguably better ways than looking at adjusted for inflation to judge success (market share, versus the top 5 average of that direct era, etc...), but at least when comparing adjusted we can talk about what movie made the most money (in actual tool to use to trade for good&services, not face value number that mean absolutely nothing at all).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Now that Colin Trevorrow is out, it means Star Wars Episode IX might be delayed to 2019 Christmas...Well, it will be time for Gal Gadot to step aside for the big boys

You mean the big girls, since Rey is still the lead in Star Wars: Episode IX. :D 

LOL You are still pressed about Gal's utterly smashing your ridiculous predictions for Wonder Woman.

Go ahead...we are waiting for your predictions for Wonder Woman 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deja23 said:

I don't have a lot of faith in the broadcast TV Marvel stuff.   I thought they did awesome with season 1 of Agent Carter and then it collapsed into a puddle of awful in season 2.    Agents of Shield I just gave up on (although I keep hearing it got better).   Now Inhumans is trash.   They are killing it on Netflix of course so maybe the Hulu show will be good.

5 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Congratulations, Ike Perlmutter. You are a legit asshole:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/06/inhumans-box-office-future-imax-tv/

"In the short term, Inhumans may have made enough money to cover its production costs. But in the long term, Marvel set high expectations that they were ultimately unable to deliver on, which damages their brand. Inhumans would have been better off if it’d been allowed to be what it is: another TV show in the universe of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that could draw a respectable audience, but isn’t going to set the ratings charts — or the box office — on fire."

No, and no.

The only thing that somewhat tarnishes Marvel's brand is the fact that they made such a bad product from such a fabulous property as The Inhumans.

And ThE Inhumans would NOT have been better off as a TV show.

Sorry, that is akin (in my opinion) to what DC is doing with The Teen Titans. These properties are too grand, their stories too epic, and the characters' power sets too complex for a TV budget.

The only way that The Inhumans SHOULD HAVE been created in live action was a big-budget theatrical film.

Marvel sucks for changing their original plans!  :angry:

Edited by Cochofles
  • Thanks 1