Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would say Henry's version of Superman is very interesting and nuanced, but that's always controversial so let's not get into that, but he was fun in The Man from Uncle and got great reviews for that movie. Chris Evans never did anything remarkable, and it wasn't for lack of opportunities.

Hmm, I agree with that, he was good in UNCLE. He would be an okay Bond (a less serious one, more in the vein of Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton), now that I think about it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would say Henry's version of Superman is very interesting and nuanced, but that's always controversial so let's not get into that, but he was fun in The Man from Uncle and got great reviews for that movie. Chris Evans never did anything remarkable, and it wasn't for lack of opportunities.

Not true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Now THAT'S a case where a director is not allowed any personal "vision".  (thank god)  Marvel directors get a lot more freedom than that....and frankly I think Game of Thrones is superior to any CB movies so I don't see the importance of a directors's "vision".   Feels like some hipster idea where the director is seen as an all powerful entity who writes the movie too.     Just do your job...direct the movie from the script the studio wants to base the movie on.

I see, you hate movies.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Ouch. This Marvel-Netflix franchise went downhill quickly.

Yeah those Netflix ratings stories are clickbait. Netflix's competing companies use multiple third party service to get a rough estimate of Netflix viewership but I doubt they really put much stock into what data they receive, they're not really that reliable. News websites today cite one of these third party services whenever there's a juicy enough story to get out of it. This story mentions "Jumpshot", most other times they'll get their data from "Symphony Media". Some use surveys, some use some kinda tracking.

Also this:

The data excludes viewing that occurs on connected-TV platforms or Netflix mobile apps

Also Defenders had 8 episodes meaning it was faster to watch than the other shows. The other shows are 13 episodes, so a shorter season would've made the week-on-week decline more rapid.

In short: This is clickbait. 

Netflix expressed skepticism at efforts by Symphony and Nielsen to measure Netflix viewership. “Both Nielsen and Symphony claim accuracy, but one of them reported the viewing of Season 4 of ‘Orange is the New Black’ to be two times what the other reported,”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-tv-ratings-netflix-most-watched-1201844081/

Edited by AJG

3 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Not true.

I see male Jessica Alba is still trying to "stretch" his acting. Awful "acting" in solid films is still awful acting. :rofl:

(now cue the "Well, he is better than Gal Gadot, bitch!" retorts... :D )

That  will show me that my opinion is wrong... ) :P

8 hours ago, Titan Man said:

To be honest, WW, as a movie, was not much better than those other movies, except for GOTGV2 (which was still quite good). Ares was equally mediocre as Marvel's villains and those two minor villains were just laughable, like something out of a cartoon. However, I do think it deserved its success, just for being bold and going against the odds, it attracted many people that weren't into CBMs to see it because they finally felt represented in that area. I'm proud that it managed to overcome all those negative comments it received before it came out because its success sends hope that we'll see more female-lead CBMs. My personal hope is a Black Widow movie, ScarJo deserves it.

Logan, good but Im not sure if that's even a superhero movie. SMH ehhh so so, GOTGV1 much worse than the 1st.

WW hands down above the other 3.

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Which scenario will bring the most meltdowns and fun?

Both succeeding 

Both flopping

Thor wins and JL flops or

JL wins and Thor flops???

The first two would be boring. Probably a slight edge for Thor coming out on top, given that they've already had to nuke 1 JL thread before release.

Edited by Orestes
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Both succeeding 

Both flopping

Doesn't matter what happens cause Thor will be higher on RT almost guaranteed and that's what people will talk about first. And then if Thor beats JL box office it will be that much worse on these forums and the internet in general. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Both succeeding 

Both flopping

I would say the last two ... since it will bring all out war between the sides ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Both succeeding 

Both flopping

Another option could be...both underperform according to expectations.

But that would be a heck of a bore... :D 

• Thanks 1