Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

You guys think that Poppins can pull a BaTB type run?

No guaranteed, but, it  it's not a total disaster, yes, it can.

I don't think you get how beloved a film the original was. It's a film that today's kids love as much as their grandparents did when they saw it.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I dont know about the US but it'll be bigger than BATB over here in the UK

Mary Poppins is as beloved a film in the US as it is in the UK.

Now if the Mary Poppins Returns turns out to be not very good, all bets are off. But if it's good, the Skies the Limit.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Now if the Mary Poppins Returns turns out to be not very good, all bets are off. But if it's good, the Skies the Limit.

We got a HUGE Mary Poppins fanboy over here. :P

24 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

I hope in four years DC and Marvel fanboys are pretty much non existent and people have moved onto other franchises. 

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Keep dreaming but just for the sake of it, what franchises are so worthy that you'd like to see dominant conversation moved to?

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

That has always been the case lol get out of here. Star Trek films mostly fucking blow. The two JJ films were better than anything that came before. 

No, no they really weren't. Spoken by someone who doesn't get the best of Trek and only really know the new material.

Star Trek 2, 4 and 6 are solid crowd pleasing, character driven films with heart and strength.

I highly enjoy ST3 myself but understand why most true Trek fans don't add it into the best list.

The Next Generation only has 1 solid hit in First Contact. With 2 mediocre entires and the stinker in Nemesis.

Still 4 or 5 by my count great Start Trek films pre-JJ Abrams

• Like 1

Just now, DMan7 said:

We got a HUGE Mary Poppins fanboy over here. :P

Of the original film, yeah.

Of the sequel  let's wait and see.

I just  think the box office potential of this film,if it's goog,  is being underestimated.

That is, of course, a big if.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree. I feel the casting of Blunt is solid. Now if the film can just be good it'll be a big breakout. Over $200m domestic at least. 

I think all fanboys are equally annoying. But DCU's are more bitter and abrasive right now due the Whedon (TA's director afterall)-Snyder-JL saga are busy in a DCU vs DCU civil war, while MCU's are just enjoying the show.

Else MCU fanboys are no less. Even as someone who prefers DC to Marvel I had ranked the cbm universes as 1.X-men+DP 2. MCU 3. Sony's SM 4. DCU and was called out by MCU fanboys as having a bias :lol: cause was being too generous to X-men franchise (I had rated 6 of their movies as A/A- : x1, x2, dofp, logan, dp, first class).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I wonder if it was intentional to have people laughing at Thanos, because people are mocking it.

It's Marvel. It's about having fun not being bored to death.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The JJ films were better then Trek 2,4, and 6? No freaking way. Not denying that Star Trek had it share of turkeys,but then SW had the Prequels.....

or is the only reason you are prasing JJ's is becauae he directed TFA?

Nope, when I saw JJ’s Star Trek I remember thinking wow he made Star Trek cool! They were great movies, especially the second. Unless you’re a Trekkie then apparently you hate an A+ movie that literally everyone else loved. 

And Star Wars had the prequels?! Yeah we have the prequels, three complete masterpieces that are better than anything Trek could even imagine thinking of. A final movie so daring with its tragic arc that it was called by numerous critics a masterpiece of its genre, showing a filmmaker “ferociously on top of his game,” and “the greatest bridging film in the medium’s history.” Yeah, boy, sure does suck having to watch such great movies. There have been 8 Star Wars movies so far. Not one movie not named Star Wars is better than any of those movies. Period.

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Keep dreaming but just for the sake of it, what franchises are so worthy that you'd like to see dominant conversation moved to?

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I imagine conversation shift back more to non franchise stuff ?

It is almost impossible, Comic book franchise (and more and more Star Wars) hit a very sweat spot to be able to sustain conversation all year long, that nothing else can IMO.

If a movie is original, there is almost nothing to talk about before it release (except release date and who is making it), it is original, who knows ?

If it is a book adaptation, while everything is pretty much known, can speculate on what will differ, how it will be told, but it limit talks to not much, they are mostly spoilers not speculation.

Comic-Books is an adaption of so many sources and added with a bit of new elements that it can be endless speculation, a bit like playing Texas Hold-Em poker, it is a genre that show you a lot of what the studio has but keep 2 cards in is hands, like I think nothing else can. Will it be a mix of that and that story line, what it mean for the next 3 entries spin-off and the 2 direct sequels and so on.

The comic book genre and even more the universe shared type of movie making is the genre that took the most advantage of social media/Internet talk, the giant amount of content that can follow a movie conversation.

Not so long ago everything that would sold a movie needed pretty much to fit on is poster (that why actor's name, director, genre, etc... were so important), one 30s tv spot in the worst case scenario. Now it can be 2 or 3  long trailers (like 2 minutes) that people watch on youtube, it can be a complete giant conversation that only the CB shared universe are able to generate.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think all fanboys are equally annoying.

Maybe fanboys and maybe that term trivially include that level of annoyingness

But would you say Transformer fans or Hercule Poirot/Agatha Christie, GodFather's fan's, even the biggest one are equally annoying than the DC/Marvel ones ?