Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I looked up she-who-must-not-be-named on Twitter (my first mistake, I know) and her very first thing was her saying Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, films which Fox has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into, would never see the light of day.  lol.

No matter how bad a film might turn out, if a studio spent a lot of money on it no way will they not release it.. They might dump it..ie write it off and give it a poor release date to save the better release dates for other, more promising films..but they will release it.

And we have some apples and orgnages here. New Mutants has had a very troubled production with many problems, but Dark Phoenix's production seem to have gone about as smoothly as a production like this can go.

And the business sites are saying Comcast is going to throw in the towel on their attempt to buy Fox from Newhouse.  Comcast would have has to borrow to top Disney's last offter, and Comcast execs did not want to add to the debt that Comcast is already carrying.

That is why most business writers said the Comcast offer was a long shot ;Dinsey simply had deeper pockets then Comcast.

So looks as thought the Fox Disney merger will happen, and Marvel Studiois gets the full rights to the X Men and Fantastic Four. Gonna be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

DC fanboys are looking for any which way to paint Marvel films as failures. They even referenced Spider-Man 2 in this thread :rofl:

BTW see my above post. Looks as though Deadpool will be joining the MCU...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Yeah ,I think the DC fanboys pronouncing the MCU dead are a bit premature....

DC = Can't make a cinematic universe with Batman and Superman work

MCU = Has a 2 billion dollar hit with a talking Raccoon

Snyderbros are the funniest

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

DC = Can't make a cinematic universe with Batman and Superman work

MCU = Has a 2 billion dollar hit with a talking Raccoon

Snyderbros are the funniest

I find our won biggest Synderfanboy..you know, The Emperor of France....to be pretty funny. I remember when he tried to swipe the credit for the success of Wonder Woman from Patti Jenkins and give it to Snyder.....

He also is convinced that all DC fans are huge lovers of Snyder. Funny, I have seen lots of DC fans who blame Snyder for badly damaging the DCU....

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yeah ,I think the DC fanboys pronouncing the MCU dead are a bit premature....

I consider myself a DC fanboy and wouldn't even come close to saying the MCU is dead... I hope you're not lumping 3 or 4 people and placing a blanket on everybody else...

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

And the business sites are saying Comcast is going to throw in the towel on their attempt to buy Fox from Newhouse.  Comcast would have has to borrow to top Disney's last offter, and Comcast execs did not want to add to the debt that Comcast is already carrying.

That is why most business writers said the Comcast offer was a long shot ;Dinsey simply had deeper pockets then Comcast.

So looks as thought the Fox Disney merger will happen, and Marvel Studiois gets the full rights to the X Men and Fantastic Four. Gonna be interesting.

This is only partially true.

Comcast have no interest in Fox, its Sky TV they want and they are dropping the bid for Fox studios and going for a straight bid to buy out Sky.

If they do manage to prise the rest of Sky away from Murdoch (and he only has a 39% stake), Disney are unlikely to want to pay huge $ for a Skyless Fox.

19 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Are we going to have an official Comic-Con thread?

There was one done for Cinemacon which I would think it much smaller than SDCC comic con. Create one and the mods will sticky it just like the Cinemacon one done a few months ago. 

10 hours ago, AndyK said:

This is only partially true.

Comcast have no interest in Fox, its Sky TV they want and they are dropping the bid for Fox studios and going for a straight bid to buy out Sky.

If they do manage to prise the rest of Sky away from Murdoch (and he only has a 39% stake), Disney are unlikely to want to pay huge $ for a Skyless Fox.

Your're right;Comcast does seem to have tossed in the towel on acquiring Fox and is trying to acquire just Sky TV,,which may be what they were after all along,

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Why does Disney keep trying to make people think having The Wasp share the title with a male superhero is such a big deal for cinema? LOL. They're desperate.

Yeah, The Disney company is so damn desperate........

I don't like a lot of Disney's policies, but to act like their desperate is incredibly stupid.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, people think that poster is good?

If the trailer or movie quality match the poster quality, Aquaman is in for a bad time.

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If the trailer or movie quality match the poster quality, Aquaman is in for a bad time.

agreed but I think James Wan is competent so I expect something at least decent

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

agreed but I think James Wan is competent so I expect something at least decent

I that it will have a Solo issue of being a perfectly fine movie that pays for the sins of its predecessor. Especially with its current release spot.