Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, Thanos Legion said:

Sounds great. And with the size of the MCU more than doubling in the same period (20->40+) the future of cinematic offerings is looking truly bright.

Not if you like to occasionally see a serious drama, or something that not an SFX driven action film......

ANd talking about 3 more Alita films is really,really. premature....

Edited by dudalb

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Disney must be desperate with this news, they have to hire him back now, I don't know how the world will survive without Selma Blair's tweets

Yeah, Disney is desperate after closing the biggest deal in their history.

But keep it up . Irrational hate is often good for a few laughs.

Edited by dudalb

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not if you like to occasionally see a serious drama, or something that not an SFX driven action film......

ANd talking about 3 more Alita films is really,really. premature....

Except that there have been plenty of serious dramas and great successful films that weren’t SFX driven action in the past few years. It’s not like Marvel existing drives those films out of existence.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Finally saw Infinity War.

I'm officially giving up on trying to understand people. After this, I'm 100% sure Donald Trump will get re-elected.

World's really gone crazy. Yikes.

*dumb superhero movie comes out*

"trump will get re-elected because this movie made money"

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

*dumb superhero movie comes out*

"trump will get re-elected because this movie made money"

tbf i called the results of the 2016 election with stunning accuracy immediately after watching suicide squad. 

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

tbf i called the results of the 2016 election with stunning accuracy immediately after watching suicide squad. 

Hey. Suicide Squad was a good movie.

• ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm officially giving up on trying to understand people. After this, I'm 100% sure Donald Trump will get re-elected.

Must admit I haven't seen that hot take before so kudos for originality. 

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Actually I think his chances of re-election went down with the implosion of Snyderism and the DCU. 

I knew Trump was gonna win because all of american and western media & elites, without exception, were saying 24/7 for 18+ months that there was absolutely no chance that he could lose.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Particuarly since it has been nearly a decade since the bottom fell out of the Home VIdeo Market. And they don't seem to notice there are not many BLockbuster stores around much anymore.

Fact is that streaming is much,much,less lucrative to the studiios then rentals are....though very lucrative to Netflix and the other streaming companies.  Which is why Disney is rushing to set up its own streaming service..with other major studios to follow.

Do you have numbers for this ?

Of the 6 billion Warner made last year in is movie division, 2.27b where from the box office, vast majority of the movies revenues made in 2017 by WB was via streaming and home ent.

http://ir.timewarner.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=70972&p=irol-reportsannual

Universal studio in 2017:

Theatrical $ 1,560

Content licensing $ 2,563 (streaming and tv)

Home entertainment $ 1,254 

Other $ 983

Total revenue $ 6,360 

Universal studio made 2,500 millions by licensing is filmed entertainment content to cable/broadcast/svod/etc.. streaming platform, and it costed them very very little to let people play their movies in exchange of money.

Netflix total net income in 2017 was of 558 millions (from 11.7b in revenues lot of which went to the studios)

Disney need to get into streaming because streaming is going to change how their biggest income source (traditional TV) will be in 5-10-15 year's, not necessarily because of movies.

For a comparison 2017 Disney revenues

Media networks: 23.5 billion

studio entertainment: 8.3b

In operating income

Media networks: 6.9b vs 2.35b for studio

Distribution of media (streaming via cable/satellite/etc..) is for Disney around 300% of what the studio division is in revenues and profits, that would I imagine become even bigger with Fox world distribution going to them, and that what Netflix is directly threatening. Not necessarily their movies business side.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I knew Trump was gonna win because all of american and western media & elites, without exception, were saying 24/7 for 18+ months that there was absolutely no chance that he could lose.

With that logic, why not Stein or Johnson ? All of american and western media & elites were much more certain without exception (like Trump had many exception like the biggest of them all American cable news network)

Trump won by about 70k people voting one way instead of the other in a 315+ million people country, that "knowing" type of talk specially if someone didn't bet a big amount of money on it, sound quite BS.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barnack said:

Well caring about box office is really strange and amazing that people (without any link with the movies) care so much about it.

It is not like any of this (talking about box office) is not just a giant waste of time for all of us doing it.

IMO it's less of a waste of time talking about box office than it is talking about sportsball scores