Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, LordNox said:

If Shazam only grosses 450M WW it would pe proof of how much brand damage Snyder did to DC. I'm pretty sure that if Marvel made the exact same Shazam movie it would easily make 700M and the buzz would be incredible right now. Instead most of the general public just shrug their shoulder and ignore Shazam.

its tragic that when DC is finally making good movies the stench that Snyder created for the franchise are still there and continues to prevent the DCEU from prospering.

Why did Aquaman just make over 1.1billion if Snyder ruined the brand?

I think it would be much more logical to say that Shazam is a low budget/low scale superhero movie that is releasing between two huge mcu movies that have massive amounts of hype and might be getting lost in the mix a bit. But because we don’t know how it’s going to do yet we can’t assume anything. 

I know we shouldn’t expect logic in this thread but still.

The only thing I think WB could of done more for this movie is probably change the release date to a more forgiving time but even then, this year is so stacked.

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Why did Aquaman just make over 1.1billion if Snyder ruined the brand?

I think it would be much more logical to say that Shazam is a low budget/low scale superhero movie that is releasing between two huge mcu movies that have massive amounts of hype and might be getting lost in the mix a bit. But because we don’t know how it’s going to do yet we can’t assume anything. 

I know we shouldn’t expect logic in this thread but still.

The only thing I think WB could of done more for this movie is probably change the release date to a more forgiving time but even then, this year is so stacked.

Take all my likes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

The ads for the Doom Patrol TV show intrigue me. Would you recommend the show? I am a supehero fan through and through, and I enjoy both DC and Marvel (although I would say I lean towards DC a tad more). However, I would never NOT see a film, watch a TV show, or read a book just because it is one company or whatnot. 

What do you like about the DP show?

Every time I figure this is the most comic-booky show yet, there's always another to somehow outdo the previous.

Doom Patrol is that show right now. Not quite sure if the budget is that much higher or they just know how to put it to good use.

Arguably the best Vic Stone in everything he's been in to date.

• Like 1

Because Synder had nothing to do with the movie, it was not grim and depressing nonstop and it was colorful and fun as hell. Nothing like Synder films and better in every way. If they just think what would synder do and do the opposite they will be very successful.

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

Just want to put this here :

DC handled Gal Gadot and Amber Heard much better than Marvel Studios has handled any of their female character. 

Ugh leave it out of the thread. Larson was treated wonderfully for CM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

DC handled Gal Gadot and Amber Heard much better than Marvel Studios has handled any of their female character. 

And Marvel could just easily take the benefits from that. DC paved the way for female superheroes but because audiences only care about Marvel movies it was the unknown Captain Marvel that would dominate the box office.

The audience hatred of DC is sure beneficial for Feige and Marvel.

• Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, LordNox said:

And Marvel could just easily take the benefits from that. DC paved the way for female superheroes but because audiences only care about Marvel movies it was the unknown Captain Marvel that would dominate the box office.

The audience hatred of DC is sure beneficial for Feige and Marvel.

The audience hates dc so much that they just gave Aquaman over a billion dollars.

Good job trolling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matthew said:

random

do prefer the variety of DC ladies thus far

X-Men & MCU established two kinds - emotional ticking bombs and assassins 

43 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Because Synder had nothing to do with the movie, it was not grim and depressing nonstop and it was colorful and fun as hell. Nothing like Synder films and better in every way. If they just think what would synder do and do the opposite they will be very successful.

with pastiches aplenty and this dreaded tone of what got past PG-13, here I am looking forward to the Snyder love letter that is Shazam

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Competitive rivarlies make sense. DC vs Marvel as enemies makes no sense if you like good movies.

I'm just glad we live in an era where both DC and Marvel are pumping out fantastic superhero movies. Here's hoping Hollywood starts figuring out how to do video games, too.

18 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

I'm just glad we live in an era where both DC and Marvel are pumping out fantastic superhero movies. Here's hoping Hollywood starts figuring out how to do video games, too.

I like your username, I almost made mine cdsfrog :D 

• Thanks 1

Why do some argue that Marvel dominating the box office is good for DC? Its the opposite, Marvel is killing DC. Marvel has already made Superman and Batman irrelevant and they are only beginning. The more audiences see Marvel the less they want to see DC. Look at the last few years and the pattern is that the stronger Marvel grows at the box office the weaker DC is. DC can no longer put out movies that get close to a 100M opening.

If you are a DC fan, no Marvel making movies isn't good for you. In fact its killing DC and all interest in DC from the general public. You should be begging Feige to stop. Feige has turned ant man more relevant than Batman.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

30 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Hollywood figured it out. They'll have the actors mo-cap their likeness in videogames.

In all seriousness, the argument is redundancy especially with the gaming industry eclipsing movies & music combined.

media133.jpeg

You wanna turn a mobile game into an animated feature?

You wanna turn a spinoff of a repetitive rpg into an animated/live-action hybrid?

Those are more viable than the other video game movies, which actually have been about as accurate to source as superhero movies.

Edited by 2kt09
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Why do some argue that Marvel dominating the box office is good for DC? Its the opposite, Marvel is killing DC. Marvel has already made Superman and Batman irrelevant and they are only beginning. The more audiences see Marvel the less they want to see DC. Look at the last few years and the pattern is that the stronger Marvel grows at the box office the weaker DC is. DC can no longer put out movies that get close to a 100M opening.

If you are a DC fan, no Marvel making movies isn't good for you. In fact its killing DC and all interest in DC from the general public. You should be begging Feige to stop. Feige has turned ant man more relevant than Batman.

Aquaman made a billion 

lmao! Superman and Batman aren't irrelevant Nolan showed that. It just shows how atrocious of a director Snyder was and is.

Put a great director for Superman or Batman and that thing is going to do 1 billion.