Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

27 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

A best picture winner nowadays is something that's incredibly political; very left-leaning.

I imagine you didn't read the left reaction to Green Book

King Speech

Artist

Argo

12 year's a slave

Birdman

Spotlight

Moonlight

Shape of Water

Green Book

Could you rank those movies by how political they were with which policy a government would be influenced to vote for or against if they would be influenced by them ?

I mean most of them do not feel 10% has political than something like Casablanca (that was giant propaganda) and some that can be seen has political like Spotlight are purely non partisan (I would imagine both left/right equally do not like Catholic church protecting priest and are both for good financed solid journalism).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Yes mothers put in witness protection program (lifelong witness protection seeming appropriate reaction in case of a street burglary turning into an unplanned murder) tend to be separated from their childs !?

that would have needed quite the twist and change how the parents being got killed story.

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

A best picture winner nowadays is something that's incredibly political; very left-leaning.

I guess you and me have very different POV about what very left-leaning is.

You are aware about what a lot of the US calls left is often considered right of the middle in Europe ?

Cameron 'lost' against Hurt Locker. I see no left POV in that movie.

E.G. Spotlight... where is there a left POV?

Birdman?

Oscar tends to give the Oscar to:

RL based material

Material, where the actors went through a big drama, suffered,... fought to their limits

Where they can see the effort in a way.

Sometimes a movie wins that has not by far a lot of #1 votes, but a lot of e..g. #2 votes. If the voters are split up about who should get the Oscar a lot of #1 votes get 'lost'

I do not really understand where the idea Hollywood is left comes from, yes, some actors speak out for themes counted as left (some of those are here again considered as right),... but there are also actors known to be supporters of the right or stay away from politics (the majority).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyK said:

The funny thing is, Super Heroes are SJWs.

Are they ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as identity politics.

They tend to bend civil rights (like Batman do) and can promote very conservative views, some are deeply SJW like the X-Men, but if you watch Batman Begin, Raimi Spider-Man, etc... in what whey are they SJWs ?

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Aggressively portraying a particular opinion repeatedly.

Still not sure: do the SJW portray aggressively their POV or the people who use the term as something to be seen on a negative way?

26 minutes ago, Barnack said:

that would have needed quite the twist and change the parents being killed how story.

OMG.  OMG.  OMG.  

How the fucking Hell did that idiot get put in charge of a comic book movie when he has zero knowledge or respect for the source material?  He hurts my brain.  How can you be SO BAD at your job?!?!? 

35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

OMG.  OMG.  OMG.  

How the fucking Hell did that idiot get put in charge of a comic book movie when he has zero knowledge or respect for the source material?  He hurts my brain.  How can you be SO BAD at your job?!?!? 

That's how I feel every time I try to watch the Damon Bourne movies again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

OMG.  OMG.  OMG.  

I just about spit out my coffee when I read that.

Every halfway sane DC fan should be very greatful that Snyder is pretty much out of the picture as far as the DCU is concerned after reading that.

I am still sort of happy that my opinion that Snyder wanted to treat the whole DC Universe as a continuation of the Watchmen is justified.

I love Alan Moore's The Watchmen. Possibly the single greatest graphic novel ever written. But making the whole DCU into a imitation of it. Terrible ,terrible idea.

And I have a lot of problems with Snyder's version the Watchmen, come to think of it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love Alan Moore's The Watchmen. Possibly the single greatest graphic novel ever written. But making the whole DCU into a imitation of it. Terrible ,terrible idea.

And I have a lot of problems with Snyder's version the Watchmen, come to think of it.

And, it is important to remember that watchmen is a disconnection of the superhero genre. I always side eye people who say folks getting into comics should read Watchmen first.

Watchmen is something you build up to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

And, it is important to remember that watchmen is a disconnection of the superhero genre. I always side eye people who say folks getting into comics should read Watchmen first.

Watchmen is something you build up to. 

Exactly.though I think word you are looking for is deconstruction instead of disconnection.

The whole idea is in a real world, what kind of people would become masked heros; Answer: People with some pretty severe mental problems or people who see it as a way to exploit and make a buck..  Rosharch and the first Silk Spectre as examples..In fact the only people who are emotionally stable are are in it to try to help others are the two Nite Owls.

And there is only one real individual with Super Powers: Captain Manhattan and emotionally his powers end up making him basically leave the Human Race.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, DaytoDay said:

Any other studio head would've "replaced"/fired Snyder after the BVS performance. It's a good thing Tsujihara isn't running the show anymore.

ANd they would have had a few months between the release of BvS and the start of filming of Justice League to make changes and adjustment if necessary, instead of just four freaking weeks.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

The deep psychological damage that Snyder has done to Internet fanboys is pretty amazing. Three years later, they now whine about things that aren't even in his movies.

But which show that Snyder never really "got" the DCU.