Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

The tone is like yeah duh the smallest of problems. What matters more in the case of bvs is how pointless it is. I mean its just a bunch of plot points with little to no meaning (just like the spine-/brainless piece of junk TFA is). The cinematography is lousy as well (just like TFA). So its pointless plot pointery which does not even seem to try to make you believe its got something up its sleeve. Just a big fight without conflict.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:41 AM, Jonwo said:

Most people who weren't Kevin thought it do solid numbers provided reviews were decent

I predicted around 240m for WW myself, but I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I just didn't see it doing well, especially after the reception of BVS & even SS, I was skeptical. Glad to be proven wrong.

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

The tone is like yeah duh the smallest of problems. What matters more in the case of bvs is how pointless it is. I mean its just a bunch of plot points with little to no meaning (just like the spine-/brainless piece of junk TFA is). The cinematography is lousy as well (just like TFA). So its pointless plot pointery which does not even seem to try to make you believe its got something up its sleeve. Just a big fight without conflict.

LOL, what is with your hate on for TFA? We heard you the first time. Let it go.

TFA is amazing, by the way. I especially love the plot and the cinematography. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Just want George Lucas back so much.

he's like a Jesus, Presley, Obama, lennon ... 

He wanted to do well.. got crucified. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I predicted around 240m for WW myself, but I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I just didn't see it doing well, especially after the reception of BVS & even SS, I was skeptical. Glad to be proven wrong.

$240m would have very good though for a first WW. Kevin and a few others thought it would $130m total domestic!

Edited by Jonwo

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just want George Lucas back so much.

he's like a Jesus, Presley, Obama, lennon ... 

He wanted to do well.. got crucified. 

Hey, I've got the same feeling about George as you do. I think he gets trashed way too relentlessly and unfairly, given he's the godfather and the mastermind behind Star Wars. I just don't think he's much of a writer or director. He's a great storyteller who has a gift for creating this stuff and it's best when other artists take those stories and ideas and refine them.

There were some elements of the story of TFA I wasn't the most fond of, but I loved everything else about the film and am excited beyond belief for TLJ!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Lol oh please let him hate I have to scroll thorough pages of the same people bringing up their hate/distain for BvS/MOS in just about every damn thread I go into. I like to hear news about Thor instead I have to skim through pages of how it looks soooooo much better then JL and will out perform it in every area because of BvS (insert tone sucked/movie made no sense,  CW was soooo much better) I go into the weekend thread same thing hell the JL thread has been locked because guess what the same few people have to give the same opinion about their hate distain for Snyder and how he treated superman or how he single handily ruined BvS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theStun said:

Lol oh please let him hate I have to scroll thorough pages of the same people bringing up their hate/distain for BvS/MOS in just about every damn thread I go into. I like to hear news about Thor instead I have to skim through pages of how it looks soooooo much better then JL and will out perform it in every area because of BvS (insert tone sucked/movie made no sense,  CW was soooo much better) I go into the weekend thread same thing hell the JL thread has been locked because guess what the same few people have to give the same opinion about their hate distain for Snyder and how he treated superman or how he single handily ruined BvS.

Fine. I just thought the fact he kept referencing TFA when he's talking about a completely different movie stood out. It's like, Okay, we got it the first time.

I don't spend that much time in this thread so maybe I'm just not used to it.

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

$240m would have very good though for a first WW. Kevin and a few others thought it would $130m total domestic!

Kevin was against the film & anything WB related at the time, so I'm not surprised. His prediction his opinion, and his reasoning was basically related to being "anti-WB".

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I would hate to be biased against a particular studio. Franchise is one thing, but studio? Geez, you're missing out on a big chunk of movies because of that. I mean, if you're not interested in any of their movies, then okay. Just as long as you're not passing up a movie you would otherwise see if it was produced/distributed by a different studio.

Speaking of studios, had I not went out and seen TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, I don't think I would have seen any movies from Paramount this year to this point.

Oh wait, I saw Xander Cage. Ugh.

• Like 1

My favorite favorite actresses performances come from two superhero productions and their characters couldn't be more different, but I'm in love with both.

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman

Elodie Yung's Elektra

Love both of them for the same reasons, but their characters couldn't be more different than each other.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

What do you mean? From where I see, the events of BVS were definitely not meaningless to those characters. Bruce Wayne especially, he's a completely different person at the end of the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Kevin was against the film & anything WB related at the time, so I'm not surprised. His prediction his opinion, and his reasoning was basically related to being "anti-WB".

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I would hate to be biased against a particular studio. Franchise is one thing, but studio? Geez, you're missing out on a big chunk of movies because of that. I mean, if you're not interested in any of their movies, then okay. Just as long as you're not passing up a movie you would otherwise see if it was produced/distributed by a different studio.

Speaking of studios, had I not went out and seen TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, I don't think I would have seen any movies from Paramount this year to this point.

Oh wait, I saw Xander Cage. Ugh.

I'm fine with people criticising a studio but hating or stanning against their films on them in threads even for good films makes no sense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm fine with people criticising a studio but hating or stanning against their films on them in threads even for good films makes no sense. 

To be fair he made a reasonable prediction for Ninjago (surprisingly): $30M/$100M/$200M.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's just pathetic really. Paramount has put a lot of crap lately, but you don't see going around wishing harm on the studios film. People who hope that a studio will fail, must have a chip on their shoulder so to say. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

Ah yes, the studio that invests $40M to make Gore Verbinski's masterpiece A Cure for Wellness is cheap as fuck.

They sit on Deadpool for almost one decade and just gave a green light because Reynolds leaked the test footage. Yeah, they are cheap - and dumb - as fuck. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's just pathetic really. Paramount has put a lot of crap lately, but you don't see going around wishing harm on the studios film. People who hope that a studio will fail, must have a chip on their shoulder so to say. 

I've been critical of SPA but that's because I know they can do better and releasing mediocre or bad animated films will hurt them in the long run. 

Warner Bros have made great films as well as crap films, no studio has the perfect streak. 

• Like 2