Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

36 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

What does it have to do DC fans? I don't see the connection.

Its not really, but they have had this same carrot dangled in their faces for so long, they have got used to the pain to the point that many actually enjoy it more than the movie itself.

13 hours ago, That One Guy said:

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that I'd like Geostorm more than Thor: Ragnarok, I wouldn't have believed you.

This itself reads like the opening line of a Taika Waititi film. Color me interested, I'd like to see the film adaptation of that by Taika himself, preemptive 10/10 :ohmygod:

• ...wtf 1

Really the only reason I care about reviews for JL, is because I'd prefer more goodwill towards the universe that I've enjoyed, and because I want ZSnyder to have some relief from all of this crap.

Also, I've never seen a topic get locked so often. Some of y'all are crazy.

Edited by ChipMunky
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Really the only reason I care about reviews for JL, is because I'd prefer more goodwill towards the universe that I've enjoyed, and because I want ZSnyder to have some relief from all of this crap.

Also, I've never seen a topic get locked so often. Some of y'all are crazy.

I think if it has similar reviews to X-Men Apocalypse which was coming off both DOFP and Deadpool or Spectre which was coming off Skyfall then WB will be fine with it, not happy but they can work with it and TBH I suspect the focus will be on solo movies for the next few years plus sequels to WW, SS and Aquaman if the first film is a hit

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How is GOTG2 vs WONDR global race shaping up? Assuming 310-315 dom for Thor3, how likely is 822+ ww?

What gotg2 vs WW race? Guardians is 42 million ahead worldwide

As for Thor if it gets to 310-315 dom then overtaking WW is likely as it has been holding well OS. It's at 503 as of yesterday. If it gets to 640-650 by end of the weekend then 800+ is locked

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And now the JL thread has been closed until the social media embargo is lifted...

Is there any way you can appeal this mod decision?

Andy is not a mod he is an Admin. And you can try messaging him or tele and see how that goes

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

What gotg2 vs WW race? Guardians is 42 million ahead worldwide

As for Thor if it gets to 310-315 dom then overtaking WW is likely as it has been holding well OS. It's at 503 as of yesterday. If it gets to 640-650 by end of the weekend then 800+ is locked

Thanks, meant Thor3 vs WODNDR

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And now the JL thread has been closed until the social media embargo is lifted...

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Andy is not a mod he is an Admin. And you can try messaging him or tele and see how that goes

You can appeal, for sure, but it'll take a pretty good argument to convince us to re-open it.

23 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/50-best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/4/

Have you guys seen this? @Hatebox pointed me out to it. I think it's a PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME of a list. I understand how they are doing the metrics, and even though I personally disagree about Logan being second, I can live with that. Also, Wonder Woman being first just feels fucking right. 

When 4 of your top 5 all came out in the current calendar year it tells me someone making the list has no real perspective. 

I like Logan, WW, T:R and S:H but none of them instantly fall into the Top 5 of all time let alone #1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

When 4 of your top 5 all came out in the current calendar year it tells me someone making the list has no real perspective. 

I like Logan, WW, T:R and S:H but none of them instantly fall into the Top 5 of all time let alone #1.

Yeah the list is ridiculously biased towards recent releases especially of this year. I know they used bayesian stats to get their number but it seems to favour number of reviews over the rating of those reviews themselves. And recent movies have more reviews in general hence why recent movies have scored so high. 

All 4 SH movies this year have been good but none of them were good enough to be in top 5 all time

Edited by ZeeSoh

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It was not a 'mod' decision... it was a staff decision with 2 Admins agreeing.

And lets not turn this thread into the "justice League Embargo" thread.

If there is any official announcement about the embargo we'll post it.  Official means the studio... not my milkman overhead a WB executive saying the embargo ends tomorrow at 9:00 PST

Spoiler

i-make-no-apologies-for-how-i-chose-to-r

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

It's not made by anyone, it's based on an adjusted score. I'd really like them to explain how they came up with though.

• Like 1

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 1