Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Avatar is easily Cameron’s worst movie, it’s solid (like a B- but the 3D made it more watchable but it’s very forgettable.

Just now, 75Live said:

agreed, except for the 3d part

The highest grossing film aswell as the most remembered forgettable film of all time.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Honestly I would meltdown and flame the general audience. It's not something we have to worry about though.

I say with utmost confidence, $2b is nothing for Avatar 2.

I wonder if Avatar 2 can make a billion in China alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Wolf Warrior 2 made over $800m. When Avatar when released was the highest grossing movie of all time in China. If it performs the same as Avatar did with the inflated dollar and inflated market then it actually will make a billion.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I think it can (depending of exchange rate obviously).

1.340 billion in 2010

With the current exchange rate avatar would need 6.62 billion a growth of 494% in 2020.

That is a "just" a 17.3% annual (compounded) growth on that time frame, has of now much smaller than the Chinese market growth:

b083fe9562de17578bc857.jpg

The ridiculous growth stopped in 2016/2017 a bit but 2017 is expected to have a close to 17% growth again and it is still expected to be the world biggest market by 2020, over the 2020 US domestic market.

With Star wars doing close to 1 billion in the 2015 domestic market and Wolf Warrior 2 already close to that 6.6 billion with 5.7 in 2017 in China, it is hard to imagine how it would be impossible for Avatar 2 to reach 1 billion in a bigger than 11 billion a year China 2020 market.

Depending of how it will continue Avatar 2 will need to do maybe 70-75% of the first in market share to reach it.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

To be honest, Justice League had me scared to death 😂. 

First of all, if movie studio execs were gamblers, they'd all be sleeping on park benches 😂. Maybe the release dates of these movies are booked well in advance, and it's not that easy to move them to another weekend. 

Maybe that's what I'm missing here? But if that's not the case, and you can actually book your film easily to another weekend, you have to wonder what some of these guys are thinking!

You can see a movie getting crushed by a competitor a mile away. They zero in on a release date, and it's written in stone...Jumaji is gonna get stomped by Star Wars second weekend! Star Wars will make more on it's second weekend, domestically, than most films will make in their ENTIRE run 😂😂!

With the tens, hundreds of millions if dollars at stake, you would think these execs would be more aware of what other studios are doing on that weekend.

But anyway, that's how I saw Ragnarok's placement, 2 weeks in front of JL. Another 😂...blind decision, that's gonna cost the movie tens, even hundreds of millions. 

Feige had given the glamorous May kickoff spot to Guardians 2, and he rewarded Sony for the Spidey lone, by giving them Thor's original July spot (we know know it would have done upwards of a billion there, with no JL and Star Wars). 

Thor 2 had outgrossed Winter Soldier in 72% of the territories. Winter Soldier was top heavy, doing well in the US, China, and UK. It was beaten by Thor 2, almost everywhere else.

But the lukewarm response to Thor 2, made the character the last of the "big three", as far as how it was received by the MCU fan base. RDJ is RDJ, the Russos transformed Cap (and anybody in their films, including the defenseless Tony Stark 😂) into a kung fu master.

So, the perception was, Thor was being sent to it's funeral, in the first official head to head showdown with DC, their movie happened to their first "Avengers" team up!

Feige has already gave Thor a field goal kick to the back of the line. Once it gets smashed by DC, Feige will finished the job in IW, and that will be it for Thor, until the reboot.

Well, I didn't see that coming 😂. 122M opening, JL opens in the mid-nineties, Thor finishes at 850, some 10-15 less than Guardians 2, JL does under 700M. 

Feige has a hair trigger when he sees a hit, and Thor is obviously back on his agenda. I still believe Thor was absolutely done if it didn't dominate the DC matchup, but fortunately that didn't happen.

Edited by OdinSon2k14

5 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

To be honest, Justice League had me scared to death 😂. 

First of all, if movie studio execs were gamblers, they'd all be sleeping on park benches 😂. Maybe the release dates of these movies are booked well in advance, and it's not that easy to move them to another weekend. 

Maybe that's what I'm missing here? But if that's not the case, and you can actually book your film easily to another weekend, you have to wonder what some of these guys are thinking!

You can see a movie getting crushed by a competitor a mile away. They zero in on a release date, and it's written in stone...Jumaji is gonna get stomped by Star Wars second weekend! Star Wars will make more on it's second weekend, domestically, than most films will make in their ENTIRE run 😂😂!

With the tens, hundreds of millions if dollars at stake, you would think these execs would be more aware of what other studios are doing on that weekend.

But anyway, that's how I saw Ragnarok's placement, 2 weeks in front of JL. Another 😂...blind decision, that's gonna cost the movie tens, even hundreds of millions. 

Feige had given the glamorous May kickoff spot to Guardians 2, and he rewarded Sony for the Spidey lone, by giving them Thor's original July spot (we know know it would have done upwards of a billion there, with no JL and Star Wars). 

Thor 2 had outgrossed Winter Soldier in 72% of the territories. Winter Soldier was top heavy, doing well in the US, China, and UK. It was beaten by Thor 2, almost everywhere else.

But the lukewarm response to Thor 2, made the character the last of the "big three", as far as how it was received by the MCU fan base. RDJ is RDJ, the Russos transformed Cap (and anybody in their films, including the defenseless Tony Stark 😂) into a kung fu master.

So, the perception was, Thor was being sent to it's funeral, in the first official head to head showdown with DC, their movie happened to their first "Avengers" team up!

Feige has already gave Thor a field goal kick to the back of the line. Once it gets smashed by DC, Feige will finished the job in IW, and that will be it for Thor, until the reboot.

Well, I didn't see that coming 😂. 122M opening, JL opens in the mid-nineties, Thor finishes at 850, some 10-15 less than Guardians 2, JL does under 700M. 

Feige has a hair trigger when he sees a hit, and Thor is obviously back on his agenda. I still believe Thor was absolutely done if it didn't dominate the DC matchup, but fortunately that didn't happen.

You use way too much smileys in your post.

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm pretty judicious with ignore feature but I have my limits.  Please stop quoting him - at least in full. 

You didn’t enjoy those laughing in tears smileys? 

I thought those were really interesting psychologically. They’re interspersed into those long posts, seemingly innocent and unassuming, but I think, they are in fact there to serve as silent yet constant cry for help. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Captain Marvel is basically an apology film from Marvel Studios for not having a single female lead movie after 20 movies over 11 years with males leads.

They get zero praise from me.

CM was also only announced after a Woman Woman movie was announced.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Captain Marvel is basically an apology film from Marvel Studios for not having a single female lead movie after 20 movies over 11 years with males leads.

I think the popular Marvel women are mostly in x-men. Storm, Rouge and Jean Gray.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think the popular Marvel women are mostly in x-men. Storm, Rouge and Jean Gray.

Outside Hulk they pretty much had access and made movies to mostly unknown character to world audience anyway no ?, I knew nothing about all the others. Except Thor but he was known via the mythology and not Marvel.

15 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Why would you praise anyone for filling quotas? Praise them for doing a good job.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Outside Hulk they pretty much had access and made movies to mostly unknown character to world audience anyway no ?, I knew nothing about all the others. Except Thor but he was known via the mythology and not Marvel.

It's true honestly true. I never read the comics so the only heroes I was familar with before the MCU/DCEU scourge was Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Captain America, Wonder Women and the X-men. I think having a cartoon in the 90's and early 00's really impacted my knowledge of heroes.

I wholeheartedly agree there easily could have been different choices made. I didn't have a scooby clue who Dr Strange was, that easily could have been Captain Marvel. I hadn't heard of Black Panther or even Thor.

Anyway I don't actually have a clue but you would think that they would chose the films/stories based on the popularity of those stories/characters. I can't answer that question but I would hope they were snub'n the female leads because they simply weren't as popular.

• Like 1

Marvel Studios has the highest grossing superhero movie for the 8th consecutive year

Marvel Studios is on a roll. The studio released three films this year, all of which have grossed over $800 million worldwide and also happen to be the three highest grossing superhero movies of the year. With DC Films’ Justice League struggling (relatively) at the box office, there is no challenger left to any of Marvel’s 2017 offerings. That means the studio has produced the world’s highest grossing superhero movie for the eighth consecutive year.

Marvel’s impressive streak survived the most competitive year since it began with Iron Man 2 in 2010. There were three other films this year based on Marvel or DC superheroes, including a Wolverine finale for Hugh Jackman in Logan ($616.8M), the first ever Justice League ($613.4M) movie, and the wildly successful Wonder Woman ($821.8M). It was the best year ever for superhero movies and Marvel Studios came out on top, again.

The path is now fairly clear for Marvel Studios to extend this streak to 10 years.

• Astonished 1