Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Apart from this one man on Instagram.

hmpff.. in the comments officialnik is still suffering from Avatar depression and I also remember Avatar, that's 3 of us confirmed

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2018 at 12:37 PM, IceFire9yt said:

So why on Earth didn't the new Star Wars trilogy ever reunite Luke, Leia and Han?  I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a particularly strong attachment to the original trilogy, but it seems like one shot of them together in a trailer would have been marketing gold.

Seems like such a wasted opportunity to me.

Does a force ghost reunion in Episode 9 make up for it?

On 5/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Jackson should be involved with the LOTR show, but I'd like to see fresh eyes at the helm. I hesitate to fully trust PJ at the helm of Middle Earth again after the Hobbit movies. I think being in full creative control of the franchise again would be too much of a crutch for him at this point and he'd probably fall back into the over-indulgent BS plaguing the Hobbit sequels. 

Agreed. Jackson (and especially Boyens) went full Lucas with The Hobbit, though I think that PT has much longer staying power than The Hobbit (which is inessential for understanding LOTR and has too much bad fanfiction - dwarf/Elf pukemance, love triangle with Legolas, Legolas the gravity-defying God - to even serve as a companion trilogy to the book). Therefore, if he has to be an adviser, I hope it has nothing to do with the story but with sets, locations and pops. Yes, Young Aragorn is going to be a fanfic, duh, but some people write good fics. Boyens is not one of them. 

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao at them thinking IX has any remote shot in hell to increase 700m WW over TLJ. Avatar 2 only given the third best shot to top IW. #crumbling @IronJimbo

Thanks for that I needed a laugh.

How many more times are they going to doubt Jim?

45 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Hopefully more, we know he's fueled by doubt. 4B WW is the floor. 

What about insincere doubt, if I were to spam "Avatar 2 will bomb because no 3d and no kne cares anymore" could I fuel Jim??

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What about insincere doubt, if I were to spam "Avatar 2 will bomb because no 3d and no kne cares anymore" could I fuel Jim??

No it has to be sincere delusion, the likes of which you find inside the mind of those that don't know Jim's power. 

• Haha 1

I keep thinking we should restrict discussion in this thread to actual franchises that have at least seen a minimum 2 films with a theatrical release. 

:thinking:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I keep thinking we should restrict discussion in this thread to actual franchises that have at least seen a minimum 2 films with a theatrical release. 

:thinking:

I'm thiking that's a terrible idea to try and suffocate important discussion on the most important franchise of the century.

It got renamed the Fanboy thread for a reason... you can't avoid Avatar dee see, it's going to so damn huge.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm thiking that's a terrible idea to try and suffocate important discussion on the most important franchise of the century.

You're right. How would we ever be able to sustain this thread without discussion about the most important franchise of them all?

dark-universe-logo-1052344-1280x0.jpg

• Haha 1