Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Nobody struggles to remember the Smallville fight. It's practically the most discussed scene in the film (outside of the, imo, great neck snap fight).

And the WW scene is the best of the three. I never said otherwise.

Remind me of the Smalliville fight. Which film are you talking about?

The memorable DCU action scenes to me are the Batman warehouse scene in BvS and the No Man's Land/Village battle in Wonder Woman. For the the MCU, the highway battle in Winter Soldier and the Battle of New York in The Avengers. Outside of those two shared universes, I'd put the Subway battle from Spider-Man 2 and the Joker's attack on the police caravan in The Dark Knight. 

Both companies have had their share of memorable action scenes over the years. Everybody needs to chill out. 

47 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I'll be wrong when you come up with some arguments or a legit analysis. Until then, you're all hot takes. 

Sure thing, LaughingEvans. Seems like you post legit takes, and not just a youtube video that makes no point except "marvel puts humor in their fights!".

7 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

As opposed to generic villain #1-17 in the MCU?

But you actually care about the hero, rather than DC’s depressed JesusMan and murder-loving-Batman.

Edited by AJG

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

But you actually care about the hero, rather than DC’s depressed JesusMan and murder-loving-Batman.

Which hero? The hero who never dies? The hero who is never in any danger?

We've grown to care about the Marvel heroes, because there have been 10 years of them. The only hero I cared about pretty much immediately was Iron Man (but that's probably because RDJ is the best actor in the CBM universe).

7 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Sure thing, LaughingEvans. Seems like you post legit takes, and not just a youtube video that makes no point except "marvel puts humor in their fights!".

The video I posted makes a really good point(and covers most of my take), and the fact that instead of coming with counter-arguments you just come up with a botched up contradiction, speaks volumes.

10 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

As opposed to generic villain #1-17 in the MCU?

As much flak as mcu gets for their villains (which is justified for a big part) they don't have any villains as shitty as Eisenberg Lex, The Enchantress or Doomsday. Not even Malekith is that bad.

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

The video I posted makes a really good point(and covers most of my take), and the fact that instead of coming with counter-arguments you just come up with a botched up contradiction, speaks volumes.

As much flak as mcu gets for their villains (which is justified for a big part) they don't have any villains as shitty as Eisenberg Lex, The Enchantress or Doomsday. Not even Malekith is that bad.

The video, again, that you posted makes no point other than what I said. And it's s stupid, simple minded point. Speaks volumes! The saying of a man who doesn't have a point.

Eisenberg was fine, Enchantress was fine (the brother was far, far, far worse), and Doomsday was in BvS for like 10 minutes (and was more of a threat than 90% of MCU villains).

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Thise fights would be great if I actually cared about who was fighting and why they were fighting.

I think you DO care a lot about the Wonder Woman fight, and the Battle of Smallville,but agree you just do not give an  shit about Batman and Supes going after each other in BvS.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Anyway, if DCEU was as good as you claim, itself and it's fan wouldn't be a laughing stock. Over and out.

Never said the "DCEU" (which isn't a thing) is good. But there you go again, assuming I said something because you don't read.

A laughing stock to who? You? You got me! I'm a laughing stock. The guy who gets attacked my mannyisthebest, laughingevans, and valonquar. All very reputable posters, who all are very respected and have good opinions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

We've grown to care about the Marvel heroes, because there have been 10 years of them. 

And there you have it. Not only do people care about the characters, they actually like the characters.

DC managed to make movies that made people actively dislike Superman and Batman to a point where they didn’t bother to show up to a Justice League movie. You’d think Batman alone would be enough to push it over $100m OW but alas...

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

One of the sad things is that Snyder actually regressed with Supes in BvS.You did care about him in MOS, but lost all interest in him in BvS.

And don't get me started on turning Batman into the PUnisher in BvS...

57 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

The memorable DCU action scenes to me are the Batman warehouse scene in BvS and the No Man's Land/Village battle in Wonder Woman. For the the MCU, the highway battle in Winter Soldier and the Battle of New York in The Avengers. Outside of those two shared universes, I'd put the Subway battle from Spider-Man 2 and the Joker's attack on the police caravan in The Dark Knight. 

Both companies have had their share of memorable action scenes over the years. Everybody needs to chill out. 

Uh, Marvel studios did not even exist when Spider Man 2 was made. Agreed the Subway fight was a great scene,but you have to give credit to Raimi and Sony films for that one.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

And there you have it. Not only do people care about the characters, they actually like the characters.

DC managed to make movies that made people actively dislike Superman and Batman to a point where they didn’t bother to show up to a Justice League movie. You’d think Batman alone would be enough to push it over $100m OW but alas...

Just like people actively dislike HAN SOLO?

They didn't show up to Justice League for many reasons. "Disliking the heroes" was not one of them.

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

DC Snyder  managed to make movies that made people actively dislike Superman and Batman to a point where they didn’t bother to show up to a Justice League movie. You’d think Batman alone would be enough to push it over $100m OW but alas...

Let's put the blame more precisely where it belongs.

it is interesting that in the current DC era, the only film that was 100 percent successful in getting you to like and care about the charecters is the one that Snyder did not direct..Patty Jenkins did... and had the least involvment with....

Edited by dudalb

14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Anyway, if DCEU was as good as you claim, itself and it's fan wouldn't be a laughing stock. Over and out.

And if it was successful as the DC fans claim, you would not have the endless shakeups and personal changes at DC Studios....

Just now, dudalb said:

One of the sad things is that Snyder actually regressed with Supes in BvS.You did care about him in MOS, but lost all interest in him in BvS.

And don't get me started on turning Batman into the PUnisher in BvS...

I just didn’t care about him in MOS. He was mopey, boring, bland, and the Jesus symbolism made the whole thing seem so self righteous I couldn’t stop rolling my eyes. 

And yep, Batman murdering people was a horrible choice. I recall a scene where he’s killing people with the Batmobile, they were protecting a shipment of kryptonite. They weren’t bad guys, he was just killing them. Also the imagery of Batman (a children’s character that displays a firm belief against gun use seemingly with every mainstream iteration) using guns is absolutely shameful.