Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

The mainline Avengers series will likely surpass the sequel trilogy in average WW gross next year. Would have been laughed off 6 months ago if you suggested this. 

Given there’ll be four avengers movies and 2 sequel trilogy movies at that point I fail to see how that is crazy?

14 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@Jay Beezy Jake Sully is actually blue... and is saved more times than I can count by Neytiri. Did we watch the same film?

Avatar has the most important message of enviromentalism.. but no.. just a white saviour film. They really will try anything to detract from Avatar won't they?

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Avatar has the most important message of enviromentalism.. but no.. just a white saviour film. They really will try anything to detract from Avatar won't they?

If that's the case then Aquaman would be the spiritual successor of Avatar.

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Thanos had a more relevant message for enviromentalism.

• Like 1

On 27/5/2018 at 2:32 PM, GraceRandolph said:

It’s a terrrible franchise that needs to be put down already. The original highly praised triology is the most boring thing that I have ever seen.  I had to slap myself to stay awake. I think to enjoy it you would have had to watch it as a kid. That way your naive young mind would have probably enjoyed seeing grown men fight with silly laser swords and thought how awesome and cool it looked.  However watching without nostalgia as an adult is truly painful. So glad that the franchise is finally over (again).    

My God , you write the things I always wanted to write but was afraid to :). I find the Star Wars franchise so cheesy , so outdated, the original movie was nice seventies sci-fi schlock and it had peter Cushing and Harrison Ford in it but other than that...mark hamill what a horrible and dull actor he was and the entire thing is so outdated and while most seventies films are awesome this has aged so badly. The second was good and that’s about it. The third, the prequels, the Disney ones....boring shit after boring shit with the worst and dullest actors on the planet earth (well the Disney ones at least) . How this thing became the cultural phenomenon it did in the u.s (because the other countries basically followed the u.s which was a trend setting leader at the time) I have no idea. No wonder the countries that have no bonds with old u.s pop culture are rejecting this franchise like it deserves.

Seriously I get why even things I don’t like become successes , I do but I never got this nerdish obsession with Luke skywalker and princess Leila .....lol.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

My God , you write the things I always wanted to write but was afraid to :). I find the Star Wars franchise so cheesy , so outdated, the original movie was nice seventies sci-fi schlock and it had peter Cushing and Harrison Ford in it but other than that...mark hamill what a horrible and dull actor he was and the entire thing is so outdated and while most seventies films are awesome this has aged so badly. The second was good and that’s about it. The third, the prequels, the Disney ones....boring shit after boring shit with the worst and dullest actors on the planet earth (well the Disney ones at least) . How this thing became the cultural phenomenon it did in the u.s (because the other countries basically followed the u.s which was a trend setting leader at the time) I have no idea. No wonder the countries that have no bonds with old u.s pop culture are rejecting this franchise like it deserves.

Seriously I get why even things I don’t like become successes , I do but I never got this nerdish obsession with Luke skywalker and princess Leila .....lol.

I honestly feel like 70s movies in general are very dull. In Star Wars everything is so dragged out and boring not to mention the wired powerpoint scene transitions and tired opening crawl. They are beyond desperate to re-capture the former glory and as a result keep using the same dated formula. Instead the franchise should have been moving with the times and been modernized.

Edited by GraceRandolph

What can I say, I am generally a diehard seventies fan when it comes to movies but not the sci-fi and fantasy stuff of the seventies. Now horror, cop/action films , I can’t get enough of the seventies and not just American films but mostly European ones.

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What can I say, I am generally a diehard seventies fan when it comes to movies but not the sci-fi and fantasy stuff of the seventies. Now horror, cop/action films , I can’t get enough of the seventies and not just American films but mostly European ones.

Oh well at least we can both agree on the fact that Star Wars is trash! :qotd:

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I wonder who the blame will fall to, KK or Disney? 

Well someone had to employ KK and give her power right? Who in there right mind would give creative control to a studio excec who doesn't even like Star Wars. Poor women woman shouldn't even have been given the opportunity to fuck things up.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Well someone had to employ KK and give her power right? Who in there right mind would give creative control to a studio excec who doesn't even like Star Wars. Poor women shouldn't even have been given the opportunity to fuck things up.

Disney should just hand it over to KF... or imagine.... 2026 James Cameron's Star Wars 100 Trillion worldwide. 

(I know he would never do it though - Jim prefers to do his own stuff)

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Disney should just hand it over to KF... or imagine.... 2026 James Cameron's Star Wars 100 Trillion worldwide. 

(I know he would never do it though - Jim prefers to do his own stuff)

Imagine being a Star Wars fan and hating Jim for making Avatar because it's the #1 grosser so you muster up your best nitpicks (dances with smurfs, white savour, etc...) but you know that Jim would elevate the Star Wars franchise to new heights.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Imagine being a Star Wars fan and hating Jim for making Avatar because it's the #1 grosser so you muster up your best nitpicks (dances with smurfs, white savour, etc...) but you know that Jim would elevate the Star Wars franchise to new heights.

Imagine a man with his visual imagination making a sws movie. :ohmyzod:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1