Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

https://screenrant.com/avatar-sequels-3d-james-cameron/

Revolutionising 3D.. roll-out of 5x brighter view through 3D glasses??

Oh god will we be seeing $5b worldwide?

But I guarantee one thing: Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all going to be in 3D and they will look sumptuous.

sumptuous

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

But I guarantee one thing: Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all going to be in 3D and they will look sumptuous.

sumptuous

I totally think Cameron is right about how awesome 3D could be if all this happened. But how exactly is this rollout of laser projection systems going to happen, let alone the autostereoscopic rollout? Theaters feel burned at this point on the accommodations they spent money on for 3D at the beginning of the decade. Hard to see the aforementioned ones happening on a wide scale. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I totally think Cameron is right about how awesome 3D could be if all this happened. But how exactly is this rollout of laser projection systems going to happen, let alone the autostereoscopic rollout? Theaters feel burned at this point on the accommodations they spent money on for 3D at the beginning of the decade. Hard to see the aforementioned ones happening on a wide scale. 

Well there were only 3-4k 3D screens back when Avatar was released, there's 70k now. Doesn't need a mega roll-out just a decent one.

It didn't seem like he was expecting a autostereoscopic anytime soon or in time for Avatars.. maybe thats just me

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

sumptuous

This is like Nolan saying 70 mm is the way that will truly reflect his movie - but there are barely any 70mm screens on the planet. I feel like this will be specific to the Dolby Dual 4k laser projection systems, which are even fewer in number than Imax screens. I am still feeling some excitement about how Avatar 2 will look visually now.

On 5/31/2018 at 7:44 AM, Istealnames said:

This is like Nolan saying 70 mm is the way that will truly reflect his movie - but there are barely any 70mm screens on the planet. I feel like this will be specific to the Dolby Dual 4k laser projection systems, which are even fewer in number than Imax screens. I am still feeling some excitement about how Avatar 2 will look visually now.

Please never compare Nolan to JC again, that hurt me to read. 

• Like 2

Justice League flopped because of BvS horrid reception. It's delusional to say that the DCU was thriving under Snyder. All but Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad disappointed at the box office. The films that under performed were the films that Snyder directed. And Snyder is the credited director of Justice League by the way, not Whedon. It's a film that belongs to both of them but more to Snyder according to the DGA. This ain't a Solo situation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

The Smallville fight, the BvS fight, and the WW trench fight are better than anything Marvel has done.

Its OK, you can say the WW scene did it better than those two that most people struggle to remember.

20 minutes ago, RRA said:

Its OK, you can say the WW scene did it better than those two that most people struggle to remember.

Nobody struggles to remember the Smallville fight. It's practically the most discussed scene in the film (outside of the, imo, great neck snap fight).

And the WW scene is the best of the three. I never said otherwise.

My favourite DC action sequence was Batman in the warehouse in BvS. That was beautiful! I may be biased because Batman is one of my favourite characters of all time.

Say what you will about Snyder, I'll take his Batman.

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

The Smallville fight, the BvS fight, and the WW trench fight are better than anything Marvel has done.

Thise fights would be great if I actually cared about who was fighting and why they were fighting.

• Like 2