Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Imagine a man with his visual imagination making a sws movie. :ohmyzod:

Jim's Star Wars not only would be visually beautiful and have wonderful new alien life, it would be grounded by a story with big heart. It would feature the most intense Light Saber battles ever seen and amazing new science fiction including new ship/weapons designs and have the most incredible action sequences.

Honestly the thought of Jim's Star Wars is mouthwatering as a prequels and OT fan.

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well someone had to employ KK and give her power right? Who in there right mind would give creative control to a studio excec who doesn't even like Star Wars. Poor women shouldn't even have been given the opportunity to fuck things up.

Lucas made Kennedy co-chair of Lucas Film before the sale to Disney

Really?

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Lucas made Kennedy co-chair of Lucas Film before the sale to Disney

Really?

Did Locust give her any creative input? I think not. She was appointed as a business women woman but now she has creative control for some reason.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Unlike Batman v Superman, Justice League bombs in home video sales

By Napoleon, exclusively for The Box Office Theory

First DVD and Blu-ray sales numbers for Justice League are finally coming out. In addition to a freefall of 25% from Batman v Superman at the worldwide box office, Joss Whedon's film also dropped 18% in Blu-ray spending and 21% in DVD. Plus, the second week drop was higher than BVS, suggesting the drop in total sales will be bigger at the end, when the film vanishes from the sales charts.

Also, when Batman v Superman hit home video, it was first available in Digital HD for one month, and millions of Zack Snyder fans rushed to buy a digital copy of the film to watch the much advertised Ultimate Edition, a director's cut featuring 30 minutes of glorious new footage. That release strategy is believed to have hurt BVS' disc sales potential, which makes Justice League numbers seem even worse.

Disc sales for Justice League, in addition to a disastrous box office performance, confirm how much Zack Snyder's vision for the DC Universe is missed by the fans and general audience. Despite the massive online support for the director, there is no indication that Snyder is returning to save the franchise and get DC back on track.

Under his blessing and supervision, DC was in a great streak of box office hits, with Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman grossing well over $320 million adjusted domestically and being highly profitable. Once he stepped aside during production of Justice League, the brand had their first box office bomb since Green Lantern (both films had Geoff Johns involved), an embarrassing result that lost Warner Bros millions, and possibly billions of dollars, in addition to being humiliated.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

First DVD and Blu-ray sales numbers for Justice League are finally coming out. In addition to a freefall of 25% from Batman v Superman at the worldwide box office, Joss Whedon's film also dropped 18% in Blu-ray spending and 21% in DVD. Plus, the second week drop was higher than BVS, suggesting the drop in total sales will be bigger at the end, when the film vanishes from the sales charts.

Also, when Batman v Superman hit home video, it was first available in Digital HD for one month, and millions of Zack Snyder fans rushed to buy a digital copy of the film to watch the much advertised Ultimate Edition, a director's cut featuring 30 minutes of glorious new footage. That release strategy is believed to have hurt BVS' disc sales potential, which makes Justice League numbers seem even worse.

Disc sales for Justice League, in addition to a disastrous box office performance, confirm how much Zack Snyder's vision for the DC Universe is missed by the fans and general audience. Despite the massive online support for the director, there is no indication that Snyder is returning to save the franchise and get DC back on track.

Under his blessing and supervision, DC was in a great streak of box office hits, with Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman grossing well over $320 million adjusted domestically and being highly profitable. Once he stepped aside during production of Justice League, the brand had their first box office bomb since Green Lantern (both films had Geoff Johns involved), an embarrassing result that lost Warner Bros millions, and possibly billions of dollars, in addition to being humiliated.

the power of the Synder cut

Guys, both BVS and JL sucked. Watchmen and Man of Steel are Snyder's better CBMs. Watchmen actually is very great, may be one of my favorite superhero movies and Man of Steel grew on me a lot and is pretty solid.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Guys, both BVS and JL sucked. Watchmen and Man of Steel are Snyder's better CBMs. Watchmen actually is very great.

I enjoyed BvS directors cut much more than I enjoyed 80% of Marvels and all of new Star Wars

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

god you're fucking delusional

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Guys, both BVS and JL sucked. Watchmen and Man of Steel are Snyder's better CBMs. Watchmen actually is very great.

Nah, Watchmen sucked. It somehow completely missed the point of the book, despite being a shot for shot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I enjoyed BvS directors cut much more than I enjoyed 80% of Marvels and all of new Star Wars

The director's cut is a sizable improvement and is decent but I prefer MOS.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Guys, both BVS and JL sucked. Watchmen and Man of Steel are Snyder's better CBMs. Watchmen actually is very great, may be one of my favorite superhero movies and Man of Steel grew on me a lot and is pretty solid.

For me its the exact opposite. I like BvS and despite its flaws I found JL to be entertaining. MoS on the other hand I found to be OK whereas Watchmen was straight up atrocious. One of the only movies i couldnt bear to finish watching. 

13 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Ironjimbo is a sexist piece of shit? Well wadda ya know?

you're a moron, somehow you've managed to conflate my hate of studio executives making creative decisions with sexism.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In addition to a freefall of 25% from Batman v Superman at the worldwide box office, Joss Whedon's film also dropped 18% in Blu-ray spending and 21% in DVD.

Considering they are talking about us Bluray sales and DVD and that JL dropped by 30% and the annual decline in physical sales, that do seem like an nice home video home over performance for JL.

It must have some factor to explain BvS lower physical sale relative to it's box office relative to Justice League here, I imagine the multi cut or that access to digital sales a long time before would be it ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Watchmen is vomit inducing, exactly like Alan Moore suggested . One of the worst pieces of drivel ever, something quite common for snyder’s films. Man of steel could be decent if not for some bullshit that ruin it , like the moronic character of pa Kent , and these bullshit elements  are magnified on BvS, and the director’s cut is just more minutes of somethung awful. Justice league barely qualifies as a coherent film.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Whenever I see Napoleon trying to prop up Snyderbro and his failed cinematic universe I can't get Eye Of The Tiger out of my head.  Thanos himself even called DC a "total failure".

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Cocaine?