Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Just like people actively dislike HAN SOLO?

They didn't show up to Justice League for many reasons. "Disliking the heroes" was not one of them.

If people liked the characters you’d think they’d go to see their next adventure, regardless of whether the last film was that good (like what happened with Thor, even Fast and Furious benefit from that).

What are your reasons as to why people refused to leave their house to see JL?

1 minute ago, AJG said:

If people liked the characters you’d think they’d go to see their next adventure, regardless of whether the last film was that good (like what happened with Thor, even Fast and Furious benefit from that).

I don't think Dark World was anywhere near as disliked among GA as BvS was. Also, Ragnarok was very obviously going in a new direction, whereas Justice League looked like they doubled down on BvS.

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

I don't think Dark World was anywhere near as disliked among GA as BvS was. Also, Ragnarok was very obviously going in a new direction, whereas Justice League looked like they doubled down on BvS.

I remember the ads really trying to make the film seem lighter and less intense than BVS. One could argue that simply being associated with BVS may have hurt it

21 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Just like people actively dislike HAN SOLO?

They didn't show up to Justice League for many reasons. "Disliking the heroes" was not one of them.

I'm one of those who didn't show up to Justice League, and that certainly was one of the reasons.

22 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

The video I posted makes a really good point(and covers most of my take), and the fact that instead of coming with counter-arguments you just come up with a botched up contradiction, speaks volumes.

As much flak as mcu gets for their villains (which is justified for a big part) they don't have any villains as shitty as Eisenberg Lex, The Enchantress or Doomsday. Not even Malekith is that bad.

You forgot Steppenwolf.perhaps the worst CBM villain I have seen. Though it's very close between him kand the BvS Luthor.

BTW I think it is a bit unfair to call that abomination Eisenberg's Luthor. IMHO Snyder the director and the other writers were even more to blame then Eisenberg. He just gave them what they told him to give them.

34 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Never said the "DCEU" (which isn't a thing) is good. But there you go again, assuming I said something because you don't read.

A laughing stock to who? You? You got me! I'm a laughing stock. The guy who gets attacked my mannyisthebest, laughingevans, and valonquar. All very reputable posters, who all are very respected and have good opinions!

It's not about you. I don't care about you. I said DCEU and it's fans are a laughing stock, and I don't mean just to me.

On a forum what matters is the discussion and the points made. I don't care about any reputation, mine or anyone else's. Dismissing someone's point merely based on the fact that you're not fond of them, is basically next to ad hominem.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You forgot Steppenwolf.perhaps the worst CBM villain I have seen. Though it's very close between him kand the BvS Luthor.

BTW I think it is a bit unfair to call that abomination Eisenberg's Luthor. IMHO Snyder the director and the other writers were even more to blame then Eisenberg. He just gave them what they told him to give them.

I put Steppenwolf in the same category as Malekith. Non-existent. Luthor and Enchantress on the other hand were a torture to watch.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

But you actually care about the hero

Do you tho?

Anyway, the action in the DC films since MOS have ranged from decent to mediocre. Snyder has a great eye for iconic moments, but he cannot put together an exciting action sequence and doesn't understand that just because CGI allows you to do certain things that it should be done, and that's coming from a Snyder stan.

Still better than the utter blandness, shit- looking, weigtless and inconsequential action sequences that permeates the MCU. Their biggest problem is always revolving around faceless aliens or some non-human shit. I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences, they don't want risk showing human blood in their kids movies nor the parents/rest of the audience rationalizing that those beings the heroes are murdering are actual people. It’s peak corporativism and it’s zzz af.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

Do you tho?

Anyway, the action in the DC films since MOS have ranged from decent to mediocre. Snyder has a great eye for iconic moments, but he cannot put together an exciting action sequence and doesn't understand that just because CGI allows you to do certain things that it should be done, and that's coming from a Snyder stan.

Still better than the utter blandness, shit- looking, weigtless and inconsequential action sequences that permeate the MCU. Their biggest problem is always revolving around faceless aliens or some non-human shit. I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences, they don't want risk showing human blood in their kids movies nor the parents/rest of the audience rationalizing that those beings the heroes are murdering are actual people.

Goffe, we all know that you’re an MCU fanboy. Why continue the charade?

4 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I put Steppenwolf in the same category as Malekith. Non-existent. Luthor and Enchantress on the other hand were a torture to watch.

Luthor for me in particular. Though I repeast, sticking Eisenberg with all the blame is unfair.

Enchantress was a horrid villainess, but since I was not familiar with her before Suicide Strong, she did not drive me up the wall the way that Luthor did.

5 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Do you tho?

Still better than the utter blandness, shit- looking, weigtless and inconsequential action sequences that permeate the MCU. Their biggest problem is always revolving around faceless aliens or some non-human shit. I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences, they don't want risk showing human blood in their kids movies nor the parents/rest of the audience rationalizing that those beings the heroes are murdering are actual people.

God,if you are going to get all self righteous about villians getting killed, just give up on the Comic Book Genre in general.

Problem you expect action films to be something they were never meant to be. They are meant for fun, not to make some profound social statement.

And the DC films are no more  realistic when it comes to violence anyway. Both Marvel and DC want that PG 13 rating so the kids can come,so ,yeah, they are going tone down the gore.

But you are right about Snyder going crazy with CGI.In MOS, the final battle between Supes and Zod is so full of garbage flying on the screen you can't follow the two main charecters fighting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

The trailer were good imo and I doubt could be the reason:

Look epic, I'm rich line, Aquaman intro, the cover version of the very popular song is well done, the trailer that play on TV had good attention index and attention score for a movie like this. With a 95% positive sentiment and a 9.5 engagement rating

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

God,if you are going to get all self righteous about villians getting killed, just give up on the Comic Book Genre in general.

@Goffe is a MCU stan, he’s just trolling.

15 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Do you tho?

Still better than the utter blandness, shit- looking, weigtless and inconsequential action sequences that permeates the MCU. Their biggest problem is always revolving around faceless aliens or some non-human shit. I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences, they don't want risk showing human blood in their kids movies nor the parents/rest of the audience rationalizing that those beings the heroes are murdering are actual people. It’s peak corporativism and it’s zzz af.

About half of MCU movies have actual human main antagonists in movies like BP, SMH, WS, CW, etc. Whereas every DCEU movie so far has had an alien or a non human (god/monster) as their main antagonist/big baddie. But sure if ignoring facts is your thing then you do you. 

But I dont see the problem with having non human/alien bad guys as long as they are good. Heck people care about a frigging tree and like a purple alien with a weird chin.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Murgatroyd said:

I'm one of those who didn't show up to Justice League, and that certainly was one of the reasons.

WIth Jl, in the wake of BVS, it was a classic case of "Fool Me Once, Shame On You, Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me.".

As someone said, even the fresh air that "Wonder Woman" let in was not enough.for JL  to wipe away the Stench that BvS left

19 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Their biggest problem is always revolving around faceless aliens or some non-human shit. I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences

Suicide Squad did really push that concept to a ridiculous extreme with the bloobs ennemy.

23 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I get why they do it, they want maximum fighting without having to deal with consequences,

To keep your PG-13 rating that almost a rules, in general you cannot show the consequence of violence without loosing it. Like showing a kid crying because someone else die violently can make your movie R rated, you can keep the violent death but not show a kid cry/distress about it more than X second.

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

About half of MCU movies have actual human main antagonists in movies like BP, SMH, WS, CW, etc. Whereas every DCEU movie so far has had an alien or a non human (god/monster) as their main antagonist/big baddie. But sure if ignoring facts is your thing then you do you. 

But I dont see the problem with having non human/alien bad guys as long as they are good. Heck people care about a frigging tree and like a purple alien with a weird chin.  

The MCU had a problem in that the really strong Rogues Gallaries were in the 3 franchises that Marvel Studios did not have access to..Spiderman, X Men and the Fantastic Four (Doctor Doom might well be the most iconic Marvel villain of them all).

But with the Spidey rogues gallery now available, and the X men/FF gallery probably available after 2019,Marvel will have access to a lot more good villians.

But yeah, DCStudios  had the entire DC rogues Gallary to pick from..including Batman, who has the best rogues gallery in all of comics...but has made less then optimum use of them. And they totally messed up Lex Luthor, one of the most iconic of all CBM villians.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

But you are right about Snyder going crazy with CGI.In MOS, the final battle between Supes and Zod is so full of garbage flying on the screen you can't follow the two main charecters fighting.

I don’t mean that way. I mean like just because you can do Dragon Ball-esque action with today's CGI doesn't mean you should. Just because you can position your camera in an angle otherwise not possible pratically doesn’t mean you should. Just because you can do sets digitally instead of building them doesn’t mean you should, etc. When the Smallville scene was mentioned here a couple pages ago I youtube'd it and when the folks are punching each other it looked horrendous.

I think MOS climax is the least guilty of all these issues. Probably the best action sequence of the DCU.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1