Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Since 2013, Man of Steel controversy put a curse on all superhero movies.

Since this movie, it has become taboo to have big superhero fights in known cities.

FUCK THAT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Since 2013, Man of Steel controversy put a curse on all superhero movies.

Since this movie, it has become taboo to have big superhero fights in known cities.

FUCK THAT.

Didn't the black order attack New York in Infinity War? 

18 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

So what's the thought on WW84? I'm thinking a topical 1984-like anti-fascist movie. Which is basically going to come across to a lot of people as SJW the movie no matter what they do.

If it's set in 1984, wouldn't it be anti-communist? Maybe "Anti-totalitarian" should be the blanket label and that way they can set the sequels in any point in history. There is always an evil dictator at some point.

7 minutes ago, Hunch said:

If it's set in 1984, wouldn't it be anti-communist? Maybe "Anti-totalitarian" should be the blanket label and that way they can set the sequels in any point in history. There is always an evil dictator at some point.

Or maybe it’ll just be set in 1984 and be another recent excuse for Hollywood to indulge in 80s nostalgia?

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar 

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's easy to shit-talk DC after Justice League bombed but don't go pretending Marvel has better fight sequences.

Post a better Marvel fight I'll be waiting.

I fucking love BvS,  fuck the haters!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It's easy to shit-talk DC after Justice League bombed but don't go pretending Marvel has better fight sequences.

That Scene Martha Awful.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Thanos fight on Titan. Thats coming from someone who loves the fight scene you posted.

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Thanos fight on Titan. Thats coming from someone who loves the fight scene you posted.

Him vs Hulk is great but I wouldn't compare the two, feel like that's recency bias.

Lol I’m not watching this guys video. 

But the one liners and constant hit and miss jokes almost ruined Infinity War for me. Maybe character overload though. 

Maybe thats why MCU peaked for me with battle scenes way back in 2012. They’ve never been able to recapture the magic of that one long tracking shot in Avengers. Where no one says a word. 

Wonder Woman stopping during the no-man’s-land scene to make a one liner “comedy” zinger would reduce its impact. 

• ...wtf 1

And if the guy mentions villains then I just have to laugh. 

I think thats the one weak weak point in MCU we can all agree on. Red Skull? In Civil War whoever the villain was, he was overshadowed by in fighting. Hela was like a pantomime drag queen. I can’t even remember the name of the villains from Ant Man or Doctor Strange. They’ve repeated Loki several times. No one seems to like Ultron, I liked his voice lol. 

Thanos was the first time they’ve had a villain that actually poses a threat. but the characters still constantly take the piss out of him with jokes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Lol I’m not watching this guys video. 

But the one liners and constant hit and miss jokes almost ruined Infinity War for me. Maybe character overload though. 

Maybe thats why MCU peaked for me with battle scenes way back in 2012. They’ve never been able to recapture the magic of that one long tracking shot in Avengers. Where no one says a word. 

Wonder Woman stopping during the no-man’s-land scene to make a one liner “comedy” zinger would reduce its impact. 

When the MCU wants to they can do a serious fight hence Iron Man vs Captain America I dont recall a single joke being used when they were fighting in Civil War

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

And if the guy mentions villains then I just have to laugh. 

I think thats the one weak weak point in MCU we can all agree on. Red Skull? In Civil War whoever the villain was, he was overshadowed by in fighting. Hela was like a pantomime drag queen. I can’t even remember the name of the villains from Ant Man or Doctor Strange. They’ve repeated Loki several times. No one seems to like Ultron, I liked his voice lol. 

Thanos was the first time they’ve had a villain that actually poses a threat. but the characters still constantly take the piss out of him with jokes. 

The MCU has improved their villains so lets not act like DCEU is doing anything when they have yet to give a great villain hell even a memorable one

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

When the MCU wants to they can do a serious fight hence Iron Man vs Captain America I dont recall a single joke being used when they were fighting in Civil War

They should try it more often.

Not a fan of their fight though, think it’s because that film felt like it should’ve ended at the airport.