Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Maybe I’m just numb to all the other shit on the internet I’ve read, but Gunn’s tweets, while unfunny, aren’t particularly offensive to me.  People make horrible jokes all the time that poke fun at taboo subject matter for nothing but a reaction, and as far as I can tell, he hasn’t made any of these kinds of jokes recently.

I think he has (had?) a lack of filter, and probably a sick mind, but I don’t think it necessarily makes him a bad person rather than a bad comedian.  People can grow out of making dumb inflammatory jokes like that.  If he, say, sexually abused someone else then that’d be unforgivable, but right now he just comes off as a tryhard back then rather than a shitty person.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I know I wouldn't leave my kids close to someone who makes rape jokes

Well I imagine you wouldn't leave your kids to any men you do not know either.

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Common jokes or not, they are disgusting. I mean, Gunn probably agrees, because he had the time to delete more than 10.000 tweets.  

They are not ok for a well known people that reach a lot of people with them, but from a nobody with a very small audience of personal friend that share your sense of humors it can be.

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure I know how to do this but :

" woah, Gunn is pathetic. Crazy he went that far in Hollywood before being exposed."

Good ?

I guess most people have not seen is movie43 written and directed short Beezel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movie_43#Beezel

Played mid-credits, Amy worries that her boyfriend Anson's animated cat Beezel is coming between their relationship. Beezel seems to detest Amy and anyone who comes between him and Anson, but Anson only sees Beezel as innocent. One day, Amy witnesses Beezel masturbating to summer vacation photos of Anson in a swimsuit. Beezel attacks her and violently urinates on her. Anson still finds his pet innocent but Amy threatens to leave if he doesn't get rid of Beezel. Caring more about his relationship, Anson agrees to find a new home for him. That night, from a closet, Beezel tearfully watches the couple make love (whilst sodomizing himself with a hairbrush and dry humping a stuffed teddy bear). The next day when it comes time to take Beezel away, he is nowhere to be found. Amy goes outside to look. Beezel then runs her over with a truck and attempts to shoot her to death with a shotgun, but she chases him into the street and begins beating him with a shovel, which is witnessed by a group of children attending a birthday party at a neighboring house. When Anson approaches to see what is happening, Amy tries to explain Beezel's motives. Beezel acts innocent and Anson sides with his cat. The children of the party then attack and murder Amy for beating up Beezel, stabbing her with plastic forks. Anson grabs Beezel, as Beezel again fantasizes about French kissing his owner.

23 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You are coming from an industry that mostly stayed quiet about Wienstien, what do you expect. 

That people still try to act offended about stars for just saying some stuff after well knowing the significant percentage of actual monster, one would have thought it would be over, that click-bait media made controversy about bad jokes.

1 hour ago, Quake said:

James Gunn holy crap what a cluster**** :gold:

A lot of people have problems understanding the concept that someone can be extremely talented and can also be a total asshole.

I liked the GOTG films a lot, but I am not going to defend what Gunn said. Whether or not he should be fired is way above my pay grade, but I think he deserves to be blasted for his jokes. Rape is nothing to joke about, people,and I really think those who think it is need help,fast.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The Gunn shit is crazy. Can't believe he got away with that.

He is like the Joe Pesci character in Goodfellows;The Mob bosses know he is psychotic killer, but he is also a good "earner" so they look the other way until he makes the mistake of killing a higher ranking Mafia member....

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You all must lead such perfect little lives & everything you do, think and say smell like roses.

I bow down to all of you.

:bravo:

Actually agree, but the problem is that he directs kids' movies. Disney likes being kid friendly

2018 Villain List through mid-July

The Infinity War tandem of Thanos/Ebony Maw remain firmly at #1, though they recently got a stiff challenge from The First Purge. Skeletor, a crack addict that wreaks havoc on the streets of Staten Island New York during a new government social experiment, fell just a couple of assaults short of dethroning the Infinity War duo 😂.

#1-Thanos/Ebony Maw (Infinity War)

2. Skeletor (The First Purge)

3. Michael B Jordan's Killmonger (Black Panther)

4. Walton Goggins' Mathis Vogel (Tomb Raider)

5. Josh Brolin's Cable (Deadpool 2)

6. Charlie Day's Doctor Newton (Pacific Rim: Uprising)

7. STEM The Computer Chip (Upgrade)

Juggernaut

(Deadpool2)

9. Indo-Raptor (Jurassic World 2)

10. Blind Creatures (A Quiet Place))

There may be some surprises coming up, Purge's Skeletor was one, that could challenge Thanos/Maw. For some reason, I got a feeling about that new Michael Myers movie 😂😂

Edited by OdinSon2k14

The media is silent about James Gunn's tweets but they were all over Roseanne, Samantha Bee and Kathy Griffin until their careers were hurt or completely destroyed.

Movie bloggers defending him while telling DC fans to commit suicide because we are so stupid and useless to ask for a chance to see a film we cared about without studio interference.

So much for Time's Up :lol:

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

The media is silent about James Gunn's tweets but they were all over Roseanne, Samantha Bee and Kathy Griffin until their careers were hurt or completely destroyed.

Movie bloggers defending him while telling DC fans to commit suicide because we are so stupid and useless to ask for a chance to see a film we cared about without studio interference.

So much for Time's Up :lol:

The difference is that Gunn is a liberal, and the media will not attack one of their own just like that.

12 hours ago, Hades said:

I'm all for dark and edgy humor, but reading through his tweets they all just come off as strange.  Like, who laughs at that shit?  If its not creepy then its straight up juvenile at the very least.  

And omg... since I just saw this story like 10 minutes ago, is Mike Cernovich the one that dug all these up?  Lmao if so.  Taken down by an alt-righter?  lul.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

he's just bein fired. wow disney doesn't play

Damn

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

SORRY FOR THIS

but it shows how cookie cooker Disney films are... just plug and play your next director

Edited by IronJimbo