Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why would that make a difference?

Shouldn't all media be anti the stuff he was joking about? 

But the poor victim (Gunn) made two MCU films, dude. He deserves to be excused for his...um...quirks... :gold:

I only saw Gunn for the first time fairly recently in some interview and I remember my immediate thought was damn, this guy gives off a creepy vibe. 

Loved his GotG movies, but those tweets were pretty reprehensible and good for Disney. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

The media lack integrity Krissy

From what I seen companies have been ahead of  the media and the Govt on this issue.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I am quite shocked (being in the crowd of just for tweet / level of success / how far away GOTG 3 is away made it safe).

I will even by surprised if he does not come back in a couple of month, if Disney didn't made a background check and there is something more there.

"The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement Friday.

Did Disney not look at someone twitter history before hiring the person ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why would that make a difference?

Shouldn't all media be anti the stuff he was joking about? 

There is a giant shade of grey between being anti-pedophilia and anti right to do pedophilia jokes.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am quite shocked (being in the crowd of just for tweet / level of success / how far away GOTG 3 is away made it safe).

I will even by surprised if he does not come back in a couple of month, if Disney didn't made a background check and there is something more there.

"The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement Friday.

Gunn gets fired for old tweets, Trudeau still a progressive icon while groping women as drunken spoiled party boy. 

hmmmmm

hmmmm

😅

Edited by Lordmandeep