Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Nobody claimed that, you really really smart person.

It's a sarcastic argument. I'm not attacking his point, I'm attacking it's integrity.

The reason? There's simply no scientific/solid indication that these posts are from bots/russians etc, it's all upon the author's perception. It's a "because I said so" argument from his side.
On top of that, there's no scientific statistical analysis there, he picked 1200 tweets that were tweeted to Rian Johnson.

• Like 1

Wow it looks like the day of the stupids over here. Just because 2 things share similar tropes does not mean one copied the other. Correlation does not equal causation. 

CBM’s were more likely inspired by Zorro and the earlier The Scarlet Pimpernel which featured the same tropes and which came out 10 years before The Birth of a Nation. 

Zorro was inspired by much earlier works and real life vigilante figures such as Salomon Pico and Estanislao. And the masked avenger trope was also explored much earlier in the 19th centure in Penny Dreadfuls, especially in the character of Spring Heeled Jack. 

There are of course others characters that features tropes of vigilantism/masks or cloaks, anonymity, etc appearing in various medium and folklore predating this as well as serving indirect inspirations (like the french movie Judex and its predecessor). 

Obviously this must be hard for those trolls with hate boners for CBM’s to understand. 

And even if some tropes were copied from some movie does not mean anything. Comic books have long embraced and portrayed liberal values (especially of late). They have more inclusivity on a single page then the entire work of the one these trolls worship. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

37 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's a sarcastic argument. I'm not attacking his point, I'm attacking it's integrity.

The reason? There's simply no scientific/solid indication that these posts are from bots/russians etc, it's all upon the author's perception. It's a "because I said so" argument from his side.
On top of that, there's no scientific statistical analysis there, he picked 1200 tweets that were tweeted to Rian Johnson.

He also take the side-step to never claim they are Russians either in the actual article. He just do this step

1) Many study did show that Russian farm account do post on twitter a lot in a similar way about similar stuff

2) This has a lot of bot using the 4-5 ways to detect them

3) Those bot could be russian's, he never said they were. People say he said so and then laugh at it.

If they were not bots, they were humans acting exactly like bot (using old dormant account, changing everything about them and making new persona every 6 month, shitposting stuff they copy-paste that other people are also twitting).

Has for attacking it's integrity, it is a guy with 2 Star Wars tattoo that got into LastJedi online fights, that use the expression debunked followed with Forbes bloggers opinion piece has an argument, he has none on this subject.

40 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

What if you remove politically charged appraisal? 

Must change the figure quite a bit also I imagine, those are stranger people # the director in their tweet about the movie, I doubt representative of the general audience (they do not know the directors and they do not tweet about movies much if at all, if they even tweet).

I noticed last year the exact same comments posted by different "people" on Twitter to review a movie, I forgot which one. At the time it made me wonder if some marketing firms just use bots to promote a film, or to boost the dubious "buzz" numbers you can read on Deadline for example (numbers they could then show to their clients to explain what a good job they are doing).

Obviously bots on Twitter are nothing new, not sure TLJ is anything special in this respect except for the fact that it was both very popular and heavily debated - two good reasons to attract even more bots.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Wow. I knew James Cameron fans were delusional but this is ridiculous  

Another genius who knows more than Alan Moore? Please do enlighten us. I suppose you also know more about Box Office success than Jim himself. 

Jesus liberals really do live in a reality of their own (one where Hillary is president, Jim doesn't have top spot, and Alan Moore isn't an authority on Comic Books). 

You have my sympathies. :whosad:

17 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

LE, you're attempting to 'reason' with the modern left, something I think they decided to abandon sometime around the rise of Reagan and Thatcher. You've seen them quite openly ignore evidence in this thread. They live in their own reality. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

17 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Zorro and the earlier The Scarlet Pimpernel which featured the same tropes and which came out 10 years before The Birth of a Nation. 

I originally mentioned the Klan, not BoaN, which coincidentally are trotting around the pulp stories before both Zorro and TSP, nice attempt at thinly veiled historical revisionism though, reactionaries like yourself really will do some amazing mental gymnastics to try and hide your dirty past. 

Sad. :jeb!:

Zorro - 1919

Birth of a Nation - 1915

Historical revisionism in action folks. We're literally skirting the drain here, I wonder when ZeeSoh will start questioning Holocaust statistics... 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

It's literally so obvious you two are the same person. Try a little harder next time lol

This sounds more like you projecting then anything based on truth. Seek mental help. DID isn't to be joked about "Rebbeccas", does the s stand for the fact that there is at least 2 of you?

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Astonished 1

12 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Historical revisionism in action folks. We're literally skirting the drain here, I wonder when ZeeSoh will start questioning Holocaust statistics... 

wonder if ZeeSoh will reply? probably not

• Sad 1

The Year is December 2019 and this is my bold prediction of what people will say at that time :

MCU films are bland and stale, Avengers 4 was great but this is the end of an era.

The big 3 is gone.

Who is excited by the MCU's 2020 slate ? Not  a lot of people.

DC is the captain now.

The 4 latest entries were fresh and great and unique in their own right : Aquaman, Shazam, Joker & W84 allowed the stench of the Snyder-verse to finally dissipate with our farts.

Who is excited by DC's 2020 slate ? A lot of people.

See you in 14 months.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Zorro - 1919

Birth of a Nation - 1915

this is common problem here in europe people moving around dates and numbers to suit the political motivations 

i did not think comic books fans would do the same though 😧

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The Year is December 2019 and this is my bold prediction of what poople will say at that time :

MCU films are bland and stale, Avengers 4 was great but this is the end of an era.

The big 3 is gone.

Who is excited by the MCU's 2020 slate ? Not  a lot of people.

DC is the captain now.

The 4 latest entries were fresh and great and unique in their own right : Aquaman, Shazam, Joker & W84 allowed the stench of the Snyder-verse to finally dissipate with our farts.

Who is excited by DC's 2020 slate ? A lot of people.

See you in 14 months.

MCU vs DC war is always fascinating to me, like an ant war below my boots