Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Marvel coming for their first Oscar

Anything but BP please, that last fight scene was ridiculously bad. I hope infinity war wins.

Since I haven’t seen Aquaman yet I can’t comment on the cgi but since Sneider mentioned Aquaman was this like a snub or something? 

This list is ridiculous, Aquaman has better visual effects than all of them.

This is going to drive the DC fans nuts and add more fuel to the bias theories.

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

I guess that answers why so many people are complaining on twitter lol 

Infinity War has the VFX Oscar in the bag.

Marwen is repulsive, the other little films cute but that s it.

The MCU works with the entire vfx industry , they employ almost 50% of the workforce.

The Thanos presentation by Digital Domain for the VFX industry will take the cake.

Edited by The Futurist

I don't think that category is about the most convincing visual effects. May be about innovation or level of difficulty? Because Aquaman had better looking visual effects than a lot of those movies. Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman also had perfectly executed visual effects and got snubbed.

Aquaman doesn' t have better visual effects per say but the world building, the beauty of the designs and the scale probably make the film one to remember. 

Also, Aquaman, as many other films now, probably has a lot of pure animation shots where everything is 100% CGI which allows to make things look slick without the problems caused by compositing.

Don't think people realise the big VFX set pieces of modern blockbusters are made by the same 10-15 companies using the same software for rendering, composting, lighting, shaders, 3D Modlization etc

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

The bias theories did not address how Suicide Squad won the Oscar from Star Trek though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Marvel coming for their first Oscar

Anything but BP please, that last fight scene was ridiculously bad. I hope infinity war wins.

Since I haven’t seen Aquaman yet I can’t comment on the cgi but since Sneider mentioned Aquaman was this like a snub or something? 

Oh bother. 🙄

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

I like Black Panther,  but the third act had a lot of wonky, poorly textured/rendered CGI models colliding against each other

BP was fine but as you said in third act things got bad. In the end it doesn’t matter to me. Now marvel will have their Oscar and there will be even more for idiots to argue about online 

quick edit to clarify, I mean in the sense of the same way dc fanboys use the SS Oscar as if it means anything. I know we all joke on here but the fact the SS won that And people use it in actual arguments is funny.

Edited by cax16

9 minutes ago, AndyK said:

At the Oscars? The MCU has gone 20 movies without one. Quite the opposite, a win for Black Panther would do a lot to adress some MCU fanboys' sense of grievance when awards are mentioned.

Just now, cax16 said:

BP was fine but as you said in third act things got bad. In the end it doesn’t matter to me. Now marvel will have their Oscar and there will be even more for idiots to argue about online 

Marvel has been nominated in the VFX category before. Plus this is a list of contenders, not nominees. It doesn’t even mean a Marvel movie will win. Why is it such a big deal? If it didn’t matter to you, why bother posting it at all and commenting on it?

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Marvel has been nominated in the VFX category before. Plus this is a list of contenders, not nominees. It doesn’t even mean a Marvel movie will win. Why is it such a big deal? If it didn’t matter to you, why bother posting it at all and commenting on it?

I’m not sure why you’re getting so worked up? I posted it to discuss it, I don’t care if marvel wins an oscar, I love the marvel movies. What I don’t want is BP winning in this category. 

The branch really dislikes DCEU movies. It’s not crazy about Marvel either but DCEU movies basically never make the bake off.. probably has something to do with the early bad taste in the mouth. Maybe also why Bumblebee missed.. enough bad movies in a franchise will wear you down.

Edited by Rebeccas

Just now, cax16 said:

I’m not sure why you’re getting so worked up? I posted it to discuss it, I don’t care if marvel wins an oscar, I love the marvel movies. What I don’t want is BP winning in this category. 

Right...because a win for BP isn’t a win for Marvel. I guess I don’t get this whole inclination people have about needing to bash something they don’t like in order to praise something they do. Need to put something down to make what they like look better in comparison. It’s an online thing I guess. Not saying it’s you personally, but it seems like the same people who say they don’t care about the Oscars/GG are the same ones getting worked up about them. It’s weird.