Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I told y’all that Aquaman and maybe even Spider-Verse could end up breaking out over Poppins. It feels good to be right.

Also, Disney fucked up big time by not putting Solo in December. It’d give time for Howard to flesh out the effects more AND it would actually make bank, unlike Poppins. Star Wars films belong to December now, I hope they got the memo by now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TMP said:

Why are superhero tv shows all garbage outside of 2 seasons of Daredevil?

If HBO's Watchmen is even watchable, it'll be a game-changer for DC on TV

Legends of tomorrow is actually very good, I'd say it's the best of the arrowverse right now.  While season 1 is garbage and 2 is ok-ish, season 3&4 are just pure unadulterated fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

Legends of tomorrow is actually very good, I'd say it's the best of the arrowverse right now.  While season 1 is garbage and 2 is ok-ish, season 3&4 are just pure unadulterated fun. 

idk, I keep hearing that but so much of comedy is dependent on delivery, and the acting/writing caliber I've seen on the Arrowverse so far doesn't exactly inspire much confidence 😕

4 hours ago, TMP said:

Why are superhero tv shows all garbage outside of 2 seasons of Daredevil?

If HBO's Watchmen is even watchable, it'll be a game-changer for DC on TV

DC has, obviously, been very successful on TV lately. The Flash alone has been the most successful superhero series for years. Not sure why you keep repeating this nonsense.

• Like 1

In general both critics and audience love it, so I think it's not only me finding the show fun to watch. AV Club put it in the list of best TV of 2018, and this part from one of the review basically sums up season 3&4:

Some people ask “why?” It’s a good question, a fundamental part of the whole who-what-where-when thing. More people should ask “why?” More television writers should, certainly. It’s a question that’s key to a well-crafted story. It’s essential, indispensable. Legends Of Tomorrow’s writers ask it, to be sure. But the question that serves both them and their fictional team best is this one: “Why the fuck not?”

As in, “Heart-eating hallucinatory unicorn from the darkest realm? Why the fuck not?”

Basically it's a dumb fun show that doesn't take itself too seriously and it embraces the ridiculousness and cheesiness of the genre. 

@MrGlass2 Flash suffers from having 20+ eps per season and results in too many fillers or characters acting dumb to lengthen the plot. They should shorten it give some more episodes to LoT instead. 

Edited by Rocinante

Just now, nature league said:

and this is...…..?

Godzillas victory dance in "Invasion of Astro-Monster".

Or, in other words, a meme.

To answer your former question: Godzilla is just pure joy if you can get behind the concept and accept the sillyness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

To answer your former question: Godzilla is just pure joy if you can get behind the concept and accept the sillyness.

Godzilla is pure joy? 

maybe the other monsters have imbalanced different emotions 

and Godzilla is the midpoint radiating w/ vibrations of joy

Godzilla is hard to control, never thought about the mutations or if that affected the personalities in the writing influences of man and earth vs different evolved types of nature like Doomsday, Juggernaut, and Godzilla characters

• ...wtf 1

54 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Saw Aquaman yesterday. Congratulations to Gal Gadot on no longer being the worst actress in capeshit, bring it on AMBER HEARD!

'capeshit' - why have I not heard this phrase before. I think I prefer it to funnybooks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Saw Aquaman yesterday. Congratulations to Gal Gadot on no longer being the worst actress in capeshit, bring it on AMBER HEARD!

Thanks for the new word, it's stella

Avengers - capeshit!

Aquabro - capeshit!

Batman vs Supes - capeXXXX??