Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

You know, the problem I have with the Cameron fans is they have to run everything not made by James Cameron down.

Making fun of Marvel is not akin to running down everything not made by James Cameron.

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Making fun of Marvel is not akin to running down everything not made by James Cameron.

You're talking to a brick wall there Elessar. I've told dubbalad that many times that Disney Starwars and the MCU shouldn't be conflated with the whole of cinema.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You're talking to a brick wall there Elessar. I've told dubbalad that many times that Disney Starwars and the MCU shouldn't be conflated with the whole of cinema.

:hahaha:

Actually, if we are continuing going down this road, at some point he might not be that far off, Disney might become the whole of blockbuster cinema. They are already halfway there.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Elessar said:

:hahaha:

Actually, if we are continuing going down this road, at some point he might not be that far off, Disney might become the whole of blockbuster cinema. They are already halfway there.

If you poll most people that likely watched a movie in theaters, it is most likely a disney tentpole i imagine.

oof.

I'm just here until the Alita thread is reopened. Jim does the impossible again, with the highest audience scores for an action movie in over a decade for anything that got 85% or less critic score, and the thread about his film getting locked, not for too much negativity, but for too much positivity. Ease up on the public displays of affection for Alita, it's making Disney/Marvel/Star Wars feel bad. Battle Cutie 2: A Billie Boogaloo is coming, don't worry. :)

CP7FYdx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1d30mEs.jpg

1d30mEs.jpg

Whoopsie, Angry Joe! I do like the apology video he made afterwards, reminded me of Ryan Johnson after TLJ. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

Anybody know what is going on here?

does the ratio mean that there is no positive tweet? Seems like a troll storm is brewing...

The ratio for Captain Marvel has been bad most of the time I looked at it. Although I don't know how exactly it's calculated.

I don't think it will affect the box office, but you can expect low audience score on pretty much every platform. 

Edited by nevermore

4 minutes ago, nevermore said:

The ratio for Captain Marvel has been bad most of the time I looked at it. Although I don't know how exactly it's calculated.

I don't think it will affect the box office, but you can expect low audience score on pretty much every platform. 

yeah, but maybe a week ago it was usually around like 5:1 wasnt it? I might remember this wrongly? Did something happen on thursday?

[edit]

scratch that.... that was the premiere.

Edited by chuck0

18 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

does the ratio mean that there is no positive tweet? Seems like a troll storm is brewing...

I think they calculate the ratio out of tweet formulations. I remember another movie, where certain key-words lead to a misinterpretation, not sure if this here the same.

But to put into perspective:

I didn't log in to be able to read the comments under e.g. the Marvel Studio tweets, partly over 1k text reactions, but more than 10 times the hearts/likes, so I guess there are still people out there who actually do not fall for those wanna-be men or worse (or were not too lazy to read up the complete articles instead of falling for click-bait 'summaries')

edit: maybe the next thing they try to organise? I've seen e.g. at YT clips like how to circumvent the new RT in the title, they seem to not want to give up.

Edited by terrestrial

3 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

yeah, but maybe a week ago it was usually around like 5:1 wasnt it? I might remember this wrongly? Did something happen on thursday?

[edit]

I'm sure some days it had decent ratio, but overall it hasn't been great since the whole rotten tomatoes fiasco. 

6 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

[edit]

it was partly 1:2 too (the pos. of the '2' is no mistake)

Edited by terrestrial

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

it was partly 1:2 too (the pos. of the '2' is no mistake)

right, but 1:2 is more positive than 0:1 ...

Thats mainly why i was asking what 0:1 means since it is not a proper fraction. They probably round to this at a certain point (like 1:100 ) ?

Edited by chuck0

4 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

right, but 1:2 is more positive than 0:1 ...

Thats mainly why i was asking what 0:1 means since it is not a proper fraction. They probably round to this at a certain point (like 1:100 or 1:1000 ) ?

I guess so too