Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would ignore all audience score rankings for Captain Marvel and just base the reception on the film on its legs.

I think it works for Black Panther and Tlj in the other direction.

Trolls and bots won't impact CM at all. If anything they are helping it.

Just now, Grand Moff said:

Trolls and bots won't impact CM at all. If anything they are helping it.

They rarely have an impact to be honest.

People just push the narrative that they do just to make an excuse for the backlash that TLJ got.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

They rarely have an impact to be honest.

People just push the narrative that they do just to make an excuse for the backlash that TLJ got.

Trolls = “people who disagree with me”

ergo, trolls caused TLJs backlash. QED

:redcapes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Backlash TLJ got from a vocal minority and the same pieces of crap shitting in Captain Marvel.

Edited by lorddemaxus

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Backlash TLJ got from a vocal minority and the same pieces of crap shitting in Captain Marvel.

You do realize that the sexist and racist backlash that the Last Jedi Got is separate from fanbase backlash due to the film itself?

As of now they are not the same because the fan base has not seen the movie and had a chance to rage quit over anything

Captain Marvel's box office will definitely be an interesting one to follow. I think people are underestimating the hate the movie is getting. I don't think it's coming only from the usual racist/sexist trolls.

To be clear, there's nothing Brie Larson said that offends me or I would consider wrong. But I understand why a lot of people didn't respond well to it, and I don't think they should be called trolls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You do realize that the sexist and racist backlash that the Last Jedi Got is separate from fanbase backlash due to the film itself? 

They do realize it, but since they have 0 arguments against the latter, they prefer to mash up everyone together and use ad hominem instead of arguing like normal people.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The backlash to the film itself is very closely related to the former backlash you mention. The others who only just have a problem with the movie and don't want to get to into any toxic behavior are the ones who don't keep bringing it up a year after it's release and moved on with their lives.

• Like 1

I just love how Zack Snyder introduced Wonder Woman in the DC universe. He sent his message without making a fuss about it or seeking recognition. I remember white male bloggers were raging over the movie while millions of girls and women around the World were inspired by Wonder Woman and getting hyped for her solo movie. The man is a genius.

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I just love how Zack Snyder introduced Wonder Woman in the DC universe. He sent his message without making a fuss about it or seeking recognition. I remember white male bloggers were raging over the movie while millions of girls and women around the World were inspired by Wonder Woman and getting hyped for her solo movie. The man is a genius.

Oh yeah, it was Snyder who sent the message with the 30-second cameo Wonder Woman in BvS where 90% of the time it is Bruce Wayne trying to get it on with her. Snyder is the genius here, not Patty Jenkins. I mean what did Jenkins do? All she did was direct a movie about the character that actually talked about the strengths of femininity and empathy. That is so not that big of a deal. /s

You Snyder fanboys are funny. Also by your logic, people were excited for Aquaman because of Justice League so Joss Whedon is a genius and the entire world loved Justice League.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Double standards on this site are ridiculous.

If it was a Marvel or Star Wars thread you'll have just threadbanned the troublemakers.

@DeeCee even liked posts by someone begging for the thread to be archived, weird that a mod would do that?

#freeAlita

@aabattery

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder .... The man is a genius. 

Hmmm, that is a strange term for a filmmaker.

You might know him, he counts as a genius (picked for the country/language of origin as it is yours)

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duarte_Pacheco_Pereira

Yet people are annoyed by PikaPika stans when you have behavior like this from funny book and Cameronite trash smh.

Seriously though, ALFAC

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

45 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Double standards on this site are ridiculous.

If it was a Marvel or Star Wars thread you'll have just threadbanned the troublemakers.

@DeeCee even liked posts by someone begging for the thread to be archived, weird that a mod would do that?

#freeAlita

@aabattery

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Havent been on this forum a lot for the past few years, but has it gotten common that movie threads get locked that easily? Also, it is somewhat annoying that the JC gang (which is not completely innocent in provoking the lock) will just move on to their Avatar thread, but those that were actually interested in A:BA will now have no place to talk.

• Like 4