Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

48 minutes ago, ElKun said:

A bit of a misquoting here: actual quote:

Rock was, in a way, a movie star before he was even a movie star. There is something about him that’s really special. I’d never take that away from him. Would I consider him a great actor? Fuck no.

Significant difference between good and great

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Yes. Maybe, “Alita starts slow but is in it for The Long Haul.”

Look, I’m not saying Alita will get to 130 DOM, I’m just saying that the other Cameron related movie to open with 28.5M added 70M after its 12M weekend...

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not having Jim/Avatar in the title is just misleading new people as to the actual content of the thread. I think we can lose HP pretty safely now :ph34r:

The title is referring to distant second/third/fourth place fanbases. Cameron and his movies are understood to be part of the conversation by default.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Theprophet said:

A franchise war thread

Star wars is the franchise king for western audiences.

Right now Marvel is the franchise king worldwide with a larger chunk of pie coming from non western audiences.

So it's a tricky one

Actually the king of franchises is Pokemon. A simple google search would reveal that. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Videogames makes pokemon hard to beat.

Will take Avatar 30/40 years to beat it.

Jim has Skynet takeover by then so most likely Pokemon becomes the higeshedt grossing franchise of ALL time past, present and future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Videogames makes pokemon hard to beat.

Will take Avatar 30/40 years to beat it.

Jim has Skynet takeover by then so most likely Pokemon becomes the higeshedt grossing franchise of ALL time past, present and future.

Just wait until Jim directs 'The Pokemon Movie' when he's 80 and it makes 20 Billies. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Actually the king of franchises is Pokemon. A simple google search would reveal that. :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/08/28/pokemon-highest-grossing-media-franchise/

"Pokemon's place at the top is helped by the list makers considering Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Hulk, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe different "franchises" instead of part of the overall Marvel brand. If all of the Marvel properties on the list were combined under one entity, they'd beat the Pokemon franchise by about $2 billion."

So technically Marvel is bigger 😉

Also I was under the impression this was strictly box office 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Theprophet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/08/28/pokemon-highest-grossing-media-franchise/

"Pokemon's place at the top is helped by the list makers considering Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Hulk, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe different "franchises" instead of part of the overall Marvel brand. If all of the Marvel properties on the list were combined under one entity, they'd beat the Pokemon franchise by about $2 billion."

So technically Marvel is bigger 😉

Nope, still Pokemon. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Also that doesn't include the latest for Pokemon as that article does not include the revenues it received at the end of 2018 which included a brand new game and a total of 800 Million Dollars from Pokemon Go for the year.

Good try though. :)

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Nope, still Pokemon. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Also that doesn't include the latest for Pokemon as that article does not include the revenues it received at the end of 2018 which included a brand new game and a total of 800 Million Dollars from Pokemon Go. 

Good try though.

Wikipedia? Lol did you just ignore what I said? Marvel combined is bigger, the list shows that

Anyways I really don't care, technically McDonald's or subway is the biggest franchise if we really want to reach, but this is a box office forum and in terms of box office Pokemon doesn't even make the list

Edited by Theprophet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Before the first live-action Pokemon movie, let's remember how some of the current franchises began, domestically:

Star Wars

Star Wars: $220M (first run)

DC

Batman The Movie: $1.7M

Marvel

Howard the Duck: $16.2M

Detective Pikachu could make 10x more than all of them combined!

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Before the first live-action Pokemon movie, let's remember how some of the current franchises began, domestically:

Star Wars

Star Wars: $220M (first run)

DC

Batman The Movie: $1.7M

Marvel

Howard the Duck: $16.2M

Detective Pikachu could make 10x more than all of them combined!

giphy.gif