WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Just now, CJohn said:

I heard Raptors don't like robots so they threw that at Inside Out. They feed themselves of teddy bears, super-heroes, yummy strippers and some other stuff I don't remember. 

Sounds like my kind of dinosaurs. Lets hope that SW can throw treats at some upcoming dinos though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

I saw both MJ2 and Spectre so far this weekend. One was horrible, the other was meh.

Yes..........but which was which.................i trust you liked Spectre better than that children's film.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I swear we've had this discussion before. Maybe I'm going senile. :lol: But let's say it was just $50m for each (actually, I think it's possible GODS was sold for more). They're won't be giant money-losers in the long run.

If Lionsgate changes their strategy and stops preselling foreign territories, while also allowing budgets to escalate, then they might have problems. But usually this movies are budgeted to allow for minimal loss (if at all).

The preselling of OS rights is mostly due to the fact they don't have a foreign distributor arm apart from the UK IIRC. In the case of Gods, Summit has a existing relationship with the likes of eOne and other local distributors and I suspect it was presold to them before the movie was even shot, likewise with Divergent and Now You See Me.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Tomorrow. I expect grunting and an epic, geographically-vague accent from him.

I am here waiting for your opinions on The Revenant and Legend. 

33 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I swear we've had this discussion before. Maybe I'm going senile. :lol: But let's say it was just $50m for each (actually, I think it's possible GODS was sold for more). They're won't be giant money-losers in the long run.

If Lionsgate changes their strategy and stops preselling foreign territories, while also allowing budgets to escalate, then they might have problems. But usually this movies are budgeted to allow for minimal loss (if at all).

Yes, we have talked about this before [emoji185]

50M in pre-sales means Gods of Egypt will be a brutal money-loser assuming a small 10-15M marketing campaign added to the remaining 90M of the budget :lol:

The Last Witch Hunter is another one that lost money assuming 50M in sales. From the 90M budget 40M remain. Add 10M to that from marketing. 50M. So far the movie grossed 26M DOM :lol: 

Movies don't make all their money from theatrical revenue. :P

8 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

Yes..........but which was which.................i trust you liked Spectre better than that children's film.

There's a Bane meme somewhere for this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

كس أم جمهور العالم اللي يفضلون خرى نفس سوبرمان. 

يا قلبي، كاتنيس افردين...انت البطلة الحقيقية. 

Lmao (yes, I have put this in Google Translator). 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao (yes, I have put this in Google Translator). 

Pussy or world audience who prefer other the same Superman .

Oh my heart, Katnes Aferdin ... You are the real heroine .

wtf...the first part was completely butchered by Google Translate lol

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Pussy or world audience who prefer other the same Superman .

Oh my heart, Katnes Aferdin ... You are the real heroine .

wtf...the first part was completely butchered by Google Translate lol

Yeah well... I knew the first part couldn't be exactly that ;) 

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder how Marvel and Warner Bros are going to keep audiences interested for Infinity War pt 2 and Justice League pt 2.

Audiences are becoming cynical of the whole splitting films into two strategy.

Being fair, I have not heard anywhere that Justice League films are a whole film splitted into two parts. It could perfectly be like Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron: two different stories.