WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Julius Caesar, talking about the rabble, said "Give them bread and circuses and they'll be satisfied"

Julius saw this before any of us : After THG shied away from the games the people moaned and stayed away.

What a visionary, what a man :lol:B)

• Like 2

Disappointing. However, this franchise has always played strongly over thanksgiving. After CF was released, I'm pretty sure the assumption was that, even with a huge opening, it wouldn't top THG because that had unusually good legs for a 150m opener and CF would be more frontloaded. But it did. And many thought MJ1 would struggle for 300m, but it made almost 340m. 

Anyway, I expect MJ2 to play well over the next few weeks just like the last two and pass 300m. Meh compared to the rest, but still, that's four consecutive films above 300m. No other franchise has achieved that. 

I rushed out to see CF and MJ1. I haven't for MJ2, I don't feel the need to (probably because of a weak marketing campaign). But I will see it next week. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

MJ2 will suffer in Belgium : The Belgian capital, Brussels, is on maximum alert, all theaters are closed today in the city, public transports are shut down, there is a clear threat of terrorists preparing the same kind of attacks than in Paris.

The movie is really unlucky.

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

MJ2 will suffer in Belgium : The Belgian capital, Brussels, is on maximum alert, all theaters are closed today in the city, public transports are shut down, there is a clear threat of terrorists preparing the same kind of attacks than in Paris.

The movie is really unlucky.

Terrorists won't do shit now. Everything is closed. 

The police needs to find them asap. 

7 hours ago, Travod said:

Ew, 62k isn't that good xD Grand Budapest had a 65k Friday average in four theaters.

It's a decent opening, but that's all.  The problem for Carol's box-office prospects is that it's playing in areas very favorable to that kind of social-themed film, and that doesn't bode well for an expansion into the heartland.

43 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Terrorists won't do shit now. Everything is closed. 

The police needs to find them asap. 

Thankfully it's not as big and populated as Paris, that should help.

Edited by Fullbuster

I remember when the first THG came out and the media went crazy about how there's a new kid in town and Twilight's in trouble and no one cares about it anymore. And yet, Twilight hung on for one more film and finished strong. Kind of funny seeing THG get the "old and used up" treatment now, even BEFORE the new kid on the block opens.