Avatree

Weekend Est #s - MJ 11.3, Sea 11, TGD 10.5, Creed 10.1

4 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

People forget about American Sniper success. Ok, it's 2014 movie but the money came in in 2015. 

BTW, you can't deny it has been a rough year for WB 

Next will be better

American Sniper is still the success story of the year IMO

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

At least they had Creed, MMFR & San Andreas to be satisfied with this year.

Next year will be better for WB.

Mad Max ain't much of a moneymaker.

They did have American Sniper though. :)

WB's problem was that they gave ridiculous budgets to all those films, I mean Point Break apparently costs $120m. Even Disney has the courtesy to overspend on shaky properties only once or twice per year.

Point Break cost $120 million?!

As I've thought throughout every stage in its existence, I'll laugh hard if anyone accuses Point Break of ripping off the Fast & Furious movies. After seeing so many critics note the similarities between the first Fast film and the original Point Break, it would be a glorious example of action movie influences coming full circle.

6 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Point Break cost $120 million?!

As I've thought throughout every stage in its existence, I'll laugh hard if anyone accuses Point Break of ripping off the Fast & Furious movies. After seeing so many critics note the similarities between the first Fast film and the original Point Break, it would be a glorious example of action movie influences coming full circle.

WB didn't finance it, though. It's an Alcon production, they produce their own movies with WB handling distribution and marketing as part of their deal. So the losses won't be too great for them.

They also had Get Hard and The Intern this year, which were solid hits (very much so in the latter's case, which likely would've hit $100M had it opened just a little bit higher with the strong legs it had). That's all they got, though.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

I'm still surprised that Warner Bros didn't save The Intern for December, where Nancy Meyers's past films have had great success. I remembered that its run had been rather leggy, but it had somehow slipped my mind until I glanced over at BOM that it's up to nearly $75 million(!).

14 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm still surprised that Warner Bros didn't save The Intern for December, where Nancy Meyers's past films have had great success. I remembered that its run had been rather leggy, but it had somehow slipped my mind until I glanced over at BOM that it's up to nearly $75 million(!).

I'm guessing they wanted to stay away from Joy and didn't foresee its muted critical and awards response.

1 minute ago, misafeco said:

Only Friday. The weekend average is the 3-day gross divided by the number of theaters.

oh, I thought they meant OD.

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb