Avatree

Weekend Est #s - MJ 11.3, Sea 11, TGD 10.5, Creed 10.1

Disney should have released SW7 this week like what they did to The Chronicle of Narnia. It would have broken the record anyway. That would have helped us having one less boring weekend.

Chris Hemsworth might have been a sexiest man alive, but he is on the brink of being box office poison.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

Disney should have released SW7 this week like what they did to The Chronicle of Narnia. It would have broken the record anyway. That would have helped us having one less boring weekend.

Chris Hemsworth might have been a sexiest man alive, but he is on the brink of being box office poison.

Hesworth the sexiest man alive? :puke:

I've been looking forward to In the Heart of the Sea for months. Even with the negative reviews and reception I kinda remained the optimist. I mean, of course there's gonna be that doubt in my head that maybe it'll suck.

Well, it didn't. Would be surprised if it isn't in my top 10 films of the year once I send in the list come February.

I saw "Carol" and I don't get why critics are jizzing so hard. I never felt invested in the relationship between Blanchett and Mara. It's supposed to be this great love affair but it didn't feel like it. The movie is too cold and too concerned with being subtle. Todd Haynes is not the right guy to tell a love story. 

• Like 1

Wasn't Ryan Reynolds also named Sexiest Man Alive in 2010 right before his flop 2011 (to add salt that wound, his marriage to Scarlett Johansson also ended)? Being named People's Sexiest Man Alive is more of a curse than a blessing obviously.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Wasn't Ryan Reynolds also named Sexiest Man Alive in 2010 right before his flop 2011 (to add salt that wound, his marriage to Scarlett Johansson also ended)? Being named People's Sexiest Man Alive is more of a curse than a blessing obviously.

Interesting observation!

Bradley Cooper was named in 2011. His next film right after, the Word, was a flop. 

Channing Tatum was named in 2012. His next film, Side Effects, was a flop.

2 hours ago, boxofficeth said:

Channing Tatum was named in 2012. His next film, Side Effects, was a flop.

2 things:

1. Channing Tatum was a supporting character barely in that movie, so its success/lack thereof can't be attributed to him

2. It made over $60 million WW on about a $30 million budget. Not a flop.

• Like 2

Saw Spotlight yesterday.  Will almost certainly be my second favorite film of the year behind The End of the Tour.  Truly an ensemble cast at it's finest.  Everyone has an equal role/screen time and everyone delivers.  Brilliant screenplay and direction as well.  Hope it continues to get some awards love and can make a play for 75+.