Avatree

Weekend Est #s - MJ 11.3, Sea 11, TGD 10.5, Creed 10.1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Yep. A smart idea for WB would be, "Never, ever greenlight a 100-million-dollar movie starring Chris Hemsworth."

It's premise is eh. The movie looks by the trailer visually well done but other than that in a couple of days no one will remember the movie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Bland for In The Heart Of The Sea considering its 100 million production budget. WB needs to think of smarter ideas for 2016.

2016 is too late Tarzan and knights at the round table will be expensive bombs.

Luckily they have DCCU, and fantastic beasts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

"Unless he's playing Thor."

But we were taliking about WB, which means they will never be in a position to greenlight a Thor film starring a Hemsworth...(unless it's Liam Hemsworth playing the public-domain Norse god in some sort of parody). :)  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Tarzan will do around 250WW unless it's great. King Arthur will do around 70M DOM and 200WW. Honestly, WB's gotta be more careful about their money. I like seeing risky films (especially expensive ones cause I like seeing Hollywood take risks) but it doesn't seem to be working for them so far...

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

But we were taliking about WB, which means they will never be in a position to greenlight a Thor film starring a Hemsworth...(unless it's Liam Hemsworth playing the public-domain Norse god in some sort of parody). :)  

Oh, true. Good point.

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

On it. :ph34r:

:P

25 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I don't think the budget for the King Arthur movie is that high (as in, not much higher than $100M at most), so it's unlikely to end up a big bomb for them even if it tanks stateside.

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Early estimates: http://deadline.com/2015/12/weekend-box-office-in-the-heart-of-the-sea-hunger-game-the-big-short-1201665157/

ITHOTS: 4-4.2, 11.5M weekend

Mockingjay: 3.75-4, 12M weekend

Krampus: 7M weekend

TGD: 10M weekend

Creed: 9.5-10M weekend

The calm before the storm...troopers.

Stormtrooper_outside_County_Hall.jpg

• Like 20

Whoa! I wouldn't be able to help but laugh if Hunger Games were to take more weekends at #1 than either of the other sequels despite making significantly less money overall, not unlike Shrek Forever After taking the most weekends at #1 in its franchise despite posting the worst performance (even if the fact does remain that the first Hunger Games also nailed four #1 finishes).

Brevet compared this weekend with the one preceding the first Hobbit's release in 2012 in his forecast, and it looks like he was all too right, except with the weekend's sole opener being a massive bomb rather than a minor blip on the radar.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

It's still super surreal to me that a new Star Wars movie opens next week

It's all a prank. We're going to sit in the theaters next weekend but instead of Star Wars, it's going to be a remake of Howard the Duck. The real reason they paid $4 billion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It's all a prank. We're going to sit in the theaters next weekend but instead of Star Wars, it's going to be a remake of Howard the Duck. The real reason they paid $4 billion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So that's how SW and Marvel will crossover. It's all makes sense now.

• Like 7