#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

5 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I finished Return of the Jedi, finishing my Star Wars marathon.  Despite the haters, I love the movie (not as much as ANH and ESB but still love it) and it's still an easy A+ for me.  The emperor scenes are great, and there's a little bit of an added effect watching the prequels after ESB and before ROTJ.

yeah, both the prequels and Jedi benefit from that viewing order.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

This is from the over 1.8 billion thread...in this post I said that the UK and Australia could combine for 250 mill, guys like Noctis scoffed at me and ridiculed this...but it could happen now:

here's the post:

I think I have tempered my expectations for this film, until now.  

The film has a very good chance of exceeding 500 mill in North America.  If it is really good, it could go much higher.

The international market, as many have pointed out, has never put SW on the giants list.  It has done well, but far from great,  I think that can change this time.  For one, many markets have expanded and two, the three originals did well 35 years ago.  With the returning cast, I think this will do very well in places that Menace did well.  China of course is a wild card here but with places like Australia and the  UK looking to do about 250 mill combined, the prospects look enticing.

I am still going to stick with 525-550 in North America but I think it can do about 1.3 bill internationally.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/17184-star-wars-the-force-awakens-over-18-billion-club/

Yeah and same was said about the December release. I kept saying, SW has bigger rabid fanbase than potter, they'll showup no matter what. This definitely proved on OD. 

• Like 2

I still love the part in Jedi when Vader gets Luke totally pissed off and for the first time in the series you hear music during a lightsaber battle.  The emotion and that "chanting" music along with brings goosebumps just thinking about it.

• Like 5

Just now, 75live said:

I still love the part in Jedi when Vader gets Luke totally pissed off and for the first time in the series you hear music during a lightsaber battle.  The emotion and that "chanting" music along with brings goosebumps just thinking about it.

I actually love how the lightsaber battles were built up in the OT. Nothing too fancy or crazy in ANH, a little more intricate in ESB, and then full out epic in ROTJ. I already get the feeling they will do that for this trilogy as well. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Not in SoCal. East coast is doing gangbusters.

for right now sat top 10 thrs only 3 on the EC, #1 with a bullet is Arclight Hwood (consider its also on at Chinese and Elcapitan...amazing) on Fri it also managed to just peg the Empire 25

No wonder Disney doesn't want let Tarentino have the Dome for Hateful 8

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Rth said:

for right now sat top 10 thrs only 3 on the EC, #1 with a bullet is Arclight Hwood (consider its also on at Chinese and Elcapitan...amazing) on Fri it also managed to just peg the Empire 25

That is both amazing and not entirely surprising, since they have a billion showtimes and almost all of them seem full.

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

But what about Saturday?!

:apocalypse: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

rth is just teasing us with his presence right now.

• Like 2