#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, K1Rey said:

Oh no. God forbid this only breaks the OW weekend........

It is amazing either way. But both Avengers and JW did 69M on their first Saturdays. SW will be 9M below both.

I'd be happy with that number considering I predicted $230 for the derby, but what a far cry from the original $275+ that is.

I really wish theyd stop with these hyperbolic reports at 3pm, and wish we'd (me included) stop taking them as gospel. TA2 and now this. While $230 is nothing to be disappointed about, thanks to the lofty early figures of $250-300, theres going to be a disappointing feel in the air.

We gotta stop falling for those early numbers, especially if the Sun hasn't gone down on the east coast yet.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

What a flop, did only over 220m OW in a December.

No studio will ever release a block buster in December after this disappointment.

It's pretty funny how the forum reacts to either positive or negative news

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Probably massively frontloaded.

And there's some snowfall in the east coast. 

People are shopping.

We all knew it would make a dent but were hoping TFA could still manage an extra 10 million to take the record.

Edited by grey ghost

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I'd be happy with that number considering I predicted $230 for the derby, but what a far cry from the original $275+ that is.

I really wish theyd stop with these hyperbolic reports at 3pm, and wish we'd (me included) stop taking them as gospel. TA2 and now this. While $230 is nothing to be disappointed about, thanks to the lofty early figures of $250-275, theres going to be a disappointing feel in the air.

We gotta stop falling for those early numbers, especially if the Sun hasn't gone down on the east coast yet.

What this man is saying. This is bullshit. People were talking about a possible 300M OW 24 hours ago :apocalypse:

16 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-thursday-night-previews-1201669166/

Heading towards a $60m saturday

Disney as well as other sources are reporting that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is currently coming in on the conservative side of projections with a $220M weekend opening, which would still be an all-time record beating Jurassic World‘s $208.8M.  Peg that to softer Saturday matinees, however, evening shows could swing these figures higher. Per Disney, Saturday’s day grosses vs. Friday’s day ticket receipts are trailing by 5% for $47M, for a projected $60M Saturday (that’s a 50% decline from yesterday’s opening day record of $120M).

WWW thread time.

#Crumbling

• Like 2

Surely we all knew the big previews would skew it this way, right? I mean, in all the euphoria from yesterday, maybe that was forgotten. But I've saying Saturday near-flat from Friday business for quite awhile now. (Admittedly, I thought it would have a slight up-tick, but then again, I thought both Thurs previews and Friday day would be smaller).

• Like 6