#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Eastwood47 said:

That's an awfully big drop for a Saturday. With this being the last weekend before Christmas would it be entirely unheard of that the people who wanted to see this have, and Sunday is going to be a big shopping day which indicates another big drop off?

Minus Thursday previews, it's not that big.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

60M isn't bad. Clearly the movie is front loaded.

or it could be the Jets are so fucking awful sometimes.

The movie is fucking pulling DH2 legs over OW.

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

So what if it's Saturday is a few million short of what TA1 and JW did. It grossed nearly 40m more than those two on it's opening day!

With a 220m OW it needs a 3.46x to beat Avatar. That's right in the holiday legs wheelhouse. It's going passed Avatar.

For some reason I couldn't remove that quote box by Hatebox from my post. What's in there is what I typed, not him.

Edited by junkshop36

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

edec18aa.jpg

I've seen the future.  SW7 finishes with 695m domestic.

All is lost....

This pic should be titled as "Cameron looked into the future knowing that he gets to keep his boxoffice record".

• Like 1

Please don’t tell me that some people are calling this disappointing ot underwhelming. You are still getting your phenomenal previews number and the OW record (in the winter, no less!)...  Nobody should  be surprised that the granddaddy of all genre franchises and the most anticipated sequel of our time might be frontloaded. Duh. 

• Like 3