#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

I definitely felt the influence of his "Marvel-one-liners" in this. 

More like Kasdan one liners.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not sure I get what would've been so awful about that? I think JJ was a better fit, but I think Whedon would have done well too. If JJ could avoid making it feel like his Trek movies, I'm sure Whedon could've adapted too. He's a talented guy after all.

I didn't say it would be bad. Much happier JJ did it though.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Rth said:

well its def going over 48.8 est

WC is going off with Arclight Hwood leading way again #1in the land, Arclight Hwood + Chinese + El Capitan two day well over 1m...just fuck me know get it over with :)..fiing phenominal

Wow.  Is there a chance that one of the WC LA theaters wins the weekend?  That's pretty epic.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not sure I get what would've been so awful about that? I think JJ was a better fit, but I think Whedon would have done well too. If JJ could avoid making it feel like his Trek movies, I'm sure Whedon could've adapted too. He's a talented guy after all.

I am so glad Whedon did not direct it. JJ was a much better fit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Whedon could learn a thing or two from Kasdan. 

Yeah Whedon should ask Kasdan directions about doing the best toilet blockbuster.

That movie was an unsung masterpiece.

• Like 1

predictions for next week? Im gonna say its gonna have Avatar's drop of 3% and make around $238m next weekend. I also think its gonna be hitting $35m each week day so thats gonna be $245 + $140m + $238m. It's gonna be at $623m domestic by the end of next weekend.