#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Didn't I say flops?

I gathered you were implying that because they grossed more in 2015 than 2014 they had a better year.  They didn't.  So far they've released 31 movies in 2015 compared to 24 in 2014, as well as more expensive ones.   And the 2015 gross includes most of American Sniper.

Edited by TalismanRing

2 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Just back from my 2nd viewing.

All evening IMAX shows were sold out.

A couple of the 7:00 shows that I peeked in looked pretty much sold out.

Our 8:30 3d viewing was fairly empty.  Their had been a 7:45, 8:00 3D shows which assumed drew off most of the business.

How was it on the second time? Post in spoilers thread

From my Facebook friends the reactions seem to be really positive. One guy even put why didn't J.J. Abrams do 1,2,3. The worst review I've seen and it's not negative at all is that it's ok not Lucas's Star Wars but still fine. Also said to him it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie and I know this guy was pretty hyped. 

8 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

From my Facebook friends the reactions seem to be really positive. One guy even put why didn't J.J. Abrams do 1,2,3. The worst review I've seen and it's not negative at all is that it's ok not Lucas's Star Wars but still fine. Also said to him it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie and I know this guy was pretty hyped. 

The only one I saw was some asshole saying "I wanted a sequel not a reboot" even though The Phantom Menace (and A New Hope if it released after The Phantom Menace) is a reboot.

8 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

All my friends loved the movie, only one guy (who hasn't even seen Episode III) didn't like it so much, but still he liked the action of the film.

5 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Finallyc caught up. What a night. What a performancef or the ages.

Potter....check

Jurassic ....check

Sights now fixed on Pandora

I'm still spoilers free with only 13 more hours to go!!

You have to beat jp and Cameron's titanic first before Pandora.  Meaning legs. Lol 33 buddy not so fast.  I see why they made sense so short.  It had the best shot to Korea owned and single day feats. 33legend buddy I'm watching it next week, but like my friends we refuse to support it twice because  of the disrespect to original trilogy. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

10 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Did I miss where RTH said 125-130M? Was this after the last deadline update?

It was posted before the deadline update but the deadline update had an early time attached to it so I'm hoping his is more correct.

Help us @Rth ... you're our only hope

6 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Finallyc caught up. What a night. What a performancef or the ages.

Potter....check

Jurassic ....check

Sights now fixed on Pandora

I'm still spoilers free with only 13 more hours to go!!

Turn off your computer now.  Every hour more and more people are seeing it and as we farther away from opening night people are less willing to keep quiet

• Like 2

The top 10 films as compiled by Deadline’s Amanda N’Duka as of 9:45PM.

1). Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DIS), 4,134 theaters / $123M Fri. /3-day cume: $244.8M /Wk 1

2). Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Road Trip (FOX), 3,653 theaters / $4.2M Fri. /3-day cume: $14.8M /Wk 1

3). Sisters (UNI), 2,962 theaters / $4.2M Fri. /3-day cume: $14.6M /Wk 1

4). The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (LGF), 2,653 theaters (-998) / $1.7M Fri. (-50%)/$3-day cume: $5.7M (-50%) /Total cume: $254.5M/Wk 5

5). Creed (MGM/New Line/WB), 2,433 theaters (-1,069) / $1.4M Fri. (-51%)/ 3-day cume: $5.1M (-50%)/Total cume: $87.9M /Wk 4

6). The Good Dinosaur (DIS), 2,755 theaters (-851) / $1.1M Fri. (-52%)/3-day cume: $4.6M (-55%)/Total cume: $96.9M/Wk 4

7). Krampus (U/Legendary), 2,371 theaters (-548) / $1.2M Fri. (-53%)/3-day cume: $3.9M (-53%)/Total cume: $35M/Wk 3

8). In The Heart of the Sea (WB/Village Roadshow), 3,103 theaters (0)/ $1M Fri. (-73%)/ 3-day cume: $3.5M (-68%)/Total cume: $18.6M /Wk 2

9). Dilwale (UTV), 268 theaters / $575K Fri. /3-day cume: $1.8M /Wk 1

10). Spectre (SONY/MGM), 1,225 theaters (-1,415)/ $380K Fri. (-66%)/3-day cume: $1.4M (-64%)/Total cume: $193.9M /Wk 7

• Like 1