#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

5 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

yeah, or 45236 which I think is better.

Yeah, this is the Machete order. We are watching it at home in this order. it was coined by Chris Wilson who came up with it.

Basically you get the big reveal with Vader in ESB and then watch 2-3 as flashbacks to flesh out the story and finish with 5.

He has a great blog on this, he also goes into some detail on why you can skip 1-TPM completely and not lose anything and in some ways make it considerably better.

Also on the Rogue One questions. That is one of the 3 non- trilogy movies in the planning stage (I expect there will be more if they do well - Rogue one is obviously already in shooting). These are designed to be in the same Star Wars universe but not in line with the current Trilogy. 

Rogue One is set one year before A New Hope and follows a small cell of Rebels tasked with stealing the Death Star plans. Rumored to be a pretty heavy war movie.

The second one set for release in 2018 is the Han Solo origin story being done by Lord and Miller (21 Jump Street, Lego Movie).

The third one is rumored to be a Boba Fett story but that hasn't been confirmed and is set for a 2020 release. 

Basically they have a plan to release a movie each year for 6 years. i would expect that they will look to eventually expand beyond that time frame.

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Watching ANH. Pure magic. They're in the trash compactor. :lol:

I'd love to hear Lucas directing that scene, "so you guys fall in this trash compactor & I'm going to stick some weird creature in there the empire decided to throw out for lunch, make some magic ACTION."

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rth said:

for right now sat top 10 thrs only 3 on the EC, #1 with a bullet is Arclight Hwood (consider its also on at Chinese and Elcapitan...amazing) on Fri it also managed to just peg the Empire 25

No wonder Disney doesn't want let Tarentino have the Dome for Hateful 8

Say what? Arclight and El Capitan? That's awesome. Of course I didn't look at those either. Can't believe WC beating EC today. EC been selling out all day.

• Like 2