#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

• Founder / Operator

I think I can honestly say box office tracking will never get more exciting for me than it has been for this movie. Since day one, something special seemed like it was in store. It's nice to see that actually be fulfilled. Star Wars was the reason I got into following box office "full time" back in '97 and '99.

I have no idea what's coming out in December 2021, but judging by Titanic (1997), ROTK, (2003), Avatar (2009), and now TFA in 2015, it will probably be utterly massive. #TheSixYearRule

• Like 25

4TH UPDATE, SATURDAY AM PT: After adding Spain and Japan on Friday, Star Wars: The Force Awakens now has an international cume estimated at $129.5M. Coupled with domestic, that brings the crew of the Millennium Falcon to a massive $250M worldwide in just the first three days of play. The Friday was worth $56.8Moffshore — a notch down from Jurassic World‘s first Friday of $60M this summer. But, the two films are now neck-and-neck at the same point in their runs with JW having stomped on $130M overseas through its first Friday. And that movie had China, going on to gross just over $316M for the debut frame. Initial estimates on the international debut weekend for the Resistance and the First Order ranged anywhere from $250M-$315M ahead of the release. Some industry sources are now suggesting upwards of $320M.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-overseas-box-office-1201668699/

• Like 3