#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

They won't need to fudge it. Disney is estimating a 29% drop, which is about the worst case scenario. It's probably hitting 240m OW.

I was talking about Saturday.  I know Disney is being conservative for Sunday, they've been super conservative all weekend.  That 60m freak out proved so.

I think actuals will be around 245m or so.

• Like 2

You guys are way too harsh on Jurassic World, I remember really liking it when seeing it the first time, but then thought about it some more and that's when you know if a movie sticks or not. Saw it twice and I'd say it's a 7/10, it's not great but it is good, entertaining, fun, well made, Trevorrow did a good job, it's not going to rock your world for sure, but it's not the abomination that some seem to think it is.

The Force Awakens is obviously on another dimension entirely. I've seen a review calling it a modern classic, I'd agree.

• Like 1

The international tally puts Force Awakens' global debut at a staggering $517 million, the second-best showing in history after Jurassic World ($524.9 million).

Jurassic World's figures, however, included a $99 million opening weekend in China. Force Awakens won't hit the world's second-largest theatrical market until Jan.9. Star Wars has also yet to roll out in India and Greece, two relatively minor markets. The weekend's foreign footprint, according to Disney, represented roughly 68 percent of the international marketplace.

It debuted at number one in every market except for South Korea and Vietnam.

U.K. figures were the highest four-day opening weekend in industry history. Star Wars: The Force Awakens cannot be directly compared to Spectre, which smashed British box-office records earlier this year, because Sam Mendes' latest Bond was released on a Monday, while Star Wars' take is a Thursday-Sunday bow.

Imax screenings added a record-breaking $48 million to Force Awakens's global take, beating Jurassic World, which had the previous high-water mark of $44 million (a figure that included China). That includes nearly $18 million internationally. The U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Australia were among the territories reporting record Imax grosses for the film.

In France, the $22.7 million gross was the second-highest in industry history. Spain's $9.6 million bow was the overall number three. (Spain had elections...)

and so on

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/foreign-box-office-star-wars-850387

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

He was revealing spoilers, in this very thread i think.

Not just any spoiler, the second biggest spoiler of the movie.

He's only banned a couple weeks from certain forums though.

Edited by grey ghost

• Community Manager
10 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So everyone dislikes JW, now? :huh:

A lot of people liked it or loved it even on this forum. But as always, the haters of a movie like to try to paint the movie as actually being unpopular and disliked and that nobody could possibly like the movie.

• Like 2