#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, grey ghost said:

Especially HUUUUGE spoilers about the last shot of the movie.

I have tickets for tomorrow morning and avoided all spoilers for the entire week only to discover the final shot of the movie in this thread.

Wtf?

Spoiler

He was trolling everyone. That is not the last shot. Now go and enjoy the movie :)

1 minute ago, water said:

honestly i can't figure out what on earth you're trying to say here lmao. girls are discouraged from being nerds and bullied by nerds, of course not as many of them are going to want to do nerd activities like seeing a nerdy movie on opening night.

My showing last night had tons of girls of varying ages. Some were even dressed up like Leia & Rey. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't know why people obsess over trailer reactions. I sat in numerous theaters in the lead-up to TDK and the trailer reaction every time was dead silence. BVS will make a shitload of money whether anyone here likes it or not. There was a comedy called The Change-Up a number of years ago that got huge laughs every time I saw it in theaters. Massive flop.

BvS looks awful, nothing like the trailers for TDK which were some of the best ever made.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't know why people obsess over trailer reactions. I sat in numerous theaters in the lead-up to TDK and the trailer reaction every time was dead silence. BVS will make a shitload of money whether anyone here likes it or not. There was a comedy called The Change-Up a number of years ago that got huge laughs every time I saw the trailer in theaters. Massive flop.

This. Star Wars is the only the blockbuster film I've seen routinely get a huge reaction to its trailers. And even then, it's typically just at the beginning when people realize that it is indeed Star Wars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Empire the Lesser said:

My showing last night had tons of girls of varying ages. Some were even dressed up like Leia & Rey. 

that's awesome! everyone deserves to take part in fandom fun and shouldn't be discouraged based on their gender. i hope cases like your showing become more and more commonplace :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The only problem with this weekend with Star Wars is the usual Sunday football games. But I think sports don't affect box office anymore.

Uh...they do. We saw it in a big way back in May. SW7 will be fine. Theres really not many if any meaningful games on Sunday.

I'm the biggest Panthers fan here and I cant even tell you who they play Sunday. SW7 and Xmas is taking up too much brain space.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

Finished ESB.... only ROTJ to go, but not going to get it in before our show time tomorrow... blasted homework for my class that doesn't end till monday....

I can understand why ESB is above ANH and ROTJ from most's perspective but ANH is just so much fun - have to see about ROTJ, haven't seen it in at least 10 years.

1 minute ago, water said:

that's awesome! everyone deserves to take part in fandom fun and shouldn't be discouraged based on their gender. i hope cases like your showing become more and more commonplace :) 

Wtf. My show was like 50% woman and 50% men. I really don't get this shit. Everyone worships Katniss, Rey and other female characters nowadays. This conversation has no place in today's age unless we are talking with retarded people. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh okay but I think that warranted at least a temporary ban from the thread.

I want blood. :rulez:

Maybe you guys care less about the spoiler policy because you've seen the movie. :apocalypse:

5 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Saturday cannot beat Friday in the US because Friday is actually 2 days already.

Otherwise, carry on. 

it will if have system meltdown like UK seems to be having :), its potential issue is being investigated

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I finished Empire Strikes Back.  Still the masterpiece of the franchise, the ending is still thrilling. A+ movie easily.

Onto the Darth Maul fight and Attack of the Clones!

Don't do this to yourself!

1 hour ago, water said:

Wow. 9 likes. Nice to know how hated I am. And how anyone that points out sexism in nerd communities like, I don't know, this one, gets bullied, and yet people still believe it doesn't exist. Great moderation by the way. This place is super welcoming and nice.

Common side effect of relentless shitposting.

• Like 1